Theories on proper NPK cannabis ratios

If you decide to buy Mammoth P (not saying you should or shouldn’t), get it at a grow shop so you could check the expiration date. I read many reviews on Amazon complaining about expired bottles (same goes for most bacteria/fungi based products on there). I’ve also heard it should be a light golden color and you should avoid it if it looks too dark. Greencoast sells it in our neck of the woods.

Edit: Reading the Mammoth P FAQ, I see that the date on the bottle is the manufactured on date (not an expiration date) so I think those reviewers might have been confused. According to the website it will be good for a year after opening. And yes, the color change or any sediment/floaties seem to be normal.

4 Likes

So that’s a 2:1:3 ratio? Correct?

1 Like

I will def check the date. Ha! I shop at Greencoast exclusively. They price match and give me lots of free stuff. lol The Mammoth website actually says the coloration variation is normal though. Hmm…

3 Likes

Well I guess as long as the date is good, then it shouldn’t matter much. Greencoast is great! They have the entire line of Down to Earth organic soil ammendments if you ever decide to join the dark side. Muahhahahaha…

Did I mention we have :cake:?
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here’s some information provided by Harley Smith:

The ranges denote the deficiency to toxicity concentrations. The numbers in the () are what he considers the highest that should be provided in a nutrient formulation (not necessarily ideal but wouldn’t want to normally exceed). For instance, sulfur is listed as 400 PPM which is not something you’ll be purposefully formulating.
FWIW, sulfur is something of the wildcard in formulations since plants tend to tolerate excess sulfur. You can balance your macro nutrients in your formulation allowing for excess sulfur containing molecules, such as potassium sulfate instead of potassium nitrate.

Also, what he see as typical ratios for veg vs bloom:

10 Likes

3-1-4 is what I hear :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Megacrop hits 2-1-3 on the nose.

3 Likes

Interesting read on the subject

6 Likes

I have been reading more about so called rock snot (wet lapidary dust). It is mostly silica, which is silicon dioxide. SiO2. Most of the earth crust and mantle is made of it. Required for healthy plants. I have been getting fine ground sand from the river here that is mostly fine silica dust. I am adding it to my soil. We shall see if it does anything.

3 Likes