Thicker stems

It won’t hurt. Are they outside? In a pot with mix or the ground?

I use it regularly. I buy Agsil-16h or something like that. If you can find a bag at someplace not cannabis related it may be cheaper. Otherwise places like Build A Soil has it by the pound.

It’s supposed to build strong cell walls for strength and pest resistance. It’s also supposed to support stronger buds or larger, I forget and why other than the same reasons.

If you’re in natural dirt, it may already have some. I have a lot of clay here but we also have lots of sand mixed in.

I use that powder and it is completely water soluble and can be added every watering. I use it in my potted plants outside because it’s just Promix and dry organic nutes… and ewc…I totally believe in the strength of the limbs, too.

4 Likes

Thanks. I don’t go in the indoor section so I wouldn’t of seen this. I was also looking for more of an organic dry amendment option i could add to my initial soil mixture so the plant had more time to absorb it.

I stay away from liquid unless it’s an emergency.

1 Like

I think DTE has silica in it. Dry. Organic. I will try: Diatamacious Earth.

1 Like

@DougDawson is this a link to the thread you posted it in? Lol

1 Like

No, somebody merged the 2 threads. They do that allot so it’s easier to find information. Too many threads on one subject can make it difficult for folks to find what they are looking for.

That’s a fantastic feature. OG for the win.

1 Like

Yes diatomaceous earth is a great silica source. Probably the best to add to soil or use with dry amendments. Another one is Vermiculite, but it is not particularly solvable or bio-available. However some residents of your rhizosphere do have the enzymes to break it down and chelate it.

:robot:

2 Likes

I use this for silica.

https://www.blueplanetnutrients.com/gold-shield/44-gold-shield

3 Likes
1 Like

I’ve been using rice hulls as an aeration material, along with my pumice, after reading up on the benefits of it being a good silica source. Of course, now I can’t find the reference! Anybody else have experience with this? Just a side note; I’ve learned the hard way…check bags of hulls for dryness…wet ones (in storage) lead to mites! We now keep a piece of black plastic board in the mix shed, sprinkle a bit of little hulls on it and have a look - easy to spot the movement!

2 Likes

I think i found the right post.

some of my plants seem to have very frail stems. i tried to add a clip to one for some training, very green stem, and it just snapped in two. i had this happen on another plant a few days back. i haven’t been adding Si. do i need to? Is there something else that can be done?

1 Like