Tim’s first Vietnamese black grow

Today is week 6 day 1 veg. Sophie’s strawberry punch and a single gorilla hands.
I was hoping to see sex before I transplant again but no luck yet.

14 Likes

I got heat now so I’m hoping the little one does better. Thanks!

3 Likes

great growing, tim! your outdoor plants are looking so very happy. i can’t wait to see how they progress. i’m glad to see you’re able to clear out a nice space for your vb’s to grow in. and again, i love your clean grow style. even your cables and wires are nicely managed.

that’s amazingly awesome of you to offer your seeds up to people who can do a seed run. i think i already have plans for my next two or three grows (don’t we all?), but that’s very cool of you to put out there. i’m surprised no one’s made moves on that lemon thai ix. if they’re still available in like (checks grow calendar) a year or so, i’d be more than happy to seed run those.

2 Likes

I’ll put them aside highminwin! I’m going to order some more of those soon too.

3 Likes

oh that’s very sweet of you tim! you don’t have to do that. if a good trade opportunity comes up for them, by all means do as you’d like with your seeds. but hey, if i remember in a year i’ll come back and see if those seeds are still available. i’m harvesting seeds from my first grow right now and also collecting pollen from my second grow’s male, so in a year i should be alright at this whole seed business.

here’s the viet black that i dropped off with my san diego grower buddy last weekend…

she was up-potted the same day as that photo to 5 gallons of happy frog soil with added pumice, down to earth bio-live, and insect frass. i think she’s probably about 22-24" tall in the photo and about a month old, going from an indoor tent environment right out to an outdoor environment. we’ll see how she handles it! she’s mostly out of my hands now, but i’ll try to get updates every few weeks or so.

6 Likes

My big Vietnamese black is male, nothing yet on the other one.

9 Likes

Hey :wave: Tim. Sorry for the hiatus :pensive:. I battle depression. But I KNOW, I got the cure for that in my grow room. Still feels weird saying n thinking about having a grow room. Wasn’t even a thought just short time ago. Man how this plant is changing my life. Tim, I’ve been following your grow. I LOVE IT!! Your plants look great. Better than my plants. Im working on that, though. Im growing a Vietnam Black x Lemon Thai by Doc D. Continued health n good blessings for your girls!

7 Likes

Well, my big Vietnamese black is male and so is the little one. They’re doing good in the new tent, I figured I’d try harvesting some pollen.

Has anyone ever had a plant that started flowering on 18/6? The first week of June! It looks pretty good, smells like candy and is COVERED in trichomes.
It’s a white widow. I found 2 seeds in my harvest last year in a tent.

15 Likes

Yeah, i had a few Sinai trigger May/June

2 Likes

What pollinated it? Any autos running then? Some Sativa dom will start flowering at a certain age or when roots fill the pot.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this

Great thread !!!

I ran out of likes

1 Like

I had it in my tent and I never looked or opened it before I showered. I don’t think any of my autos hermed outside. I only found 2 seeds in a little over a 1/4 lb. From 3 plants.

This is the 12th week and I see a lot of Amber so I’m chopping her tonight or tomorrow

13 Likes

I’m going to put 2 Acapulco gold clones I made in with the Vietnamese black boys and maybe a White Widow clone if my 2nd one lives.

3 Likes

Very nice outcross-choice! youll love it Wich exact Acapulco Line?

2 Likes

It’s just from Growerschoice seeds, I wish I had the Snowhigh AG. I’m going to attempt keeping some pollen too

1 Like

Great job on the Vietnamese Black. Who was the seed source on yours? I am surprised by the short 12 week flower period. That is actually very nice!

1 Like

No no @Comacus , my Vietnamese black are still in my tent. This is a white widow I grew too

This is a diesel plant from Growerschoiceseeds that I bent 45 degrees to the north. She was an ugly little stick with 2 branches when I started.

4 Likes

Forbidden fruit x mendo dope from MSC- Michigan seed&clone.

7 Likes

my first Acapulco gold clone

10 Likes