Tim’s first Vietnamese black grow

At this age I have mine in solo cup 3/4 full of soil and T5 light at 18/24.
What kind of heating pad are they setting on under the tray?

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Purchased 3 packs last month. Excited for your grow!

9 Likes

I have that one with the thermostat set at 90 degrees. I’m going to repot them tomorrow

2 Likes

I see Dagga love still has that ruby vine, I really want to get those. I think they’re pretty

2 Likes

oh man @rlslmshdy, you seem to be quite a lover of viet black. that’s a big commitment to the strain! do you have any history with it, or it was just something you heard about and you were like, “i gotta have that!”

i see from your grow thread that you have (or developed) an appreciation for some cool ass sativas as well. it’s funny how i can recognize your purchases because they mirror some of my own–it’s like i’m looking into a mirror! just wait until you check out colorado sativas.

speaking of your grow thread, i hope we get some updates soon. i’ve been pretty busy with work and whatnot myself, so i totally understand lulls in posting. but it’s the weekend baby! time to sit back and stare at our plants and share some stories.

i like how you select your strains. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Transplanted the VB tonight. Good thing too because I didn’t have hardly any roots and my soil was wet. Reset the light to 6” again, raised the heat mat temp to 95 degrees. The tent averages 72 degrees. I’m going to add a heater when I move to the 2x4 tent. @highminwin im soo glad you posted your plants and showed me your roots! :pray:

5 Likes

Look what popped up in my pitiful clones dome. Lol

4 Likes

what soil are you using tim? i know you said fox farms, but they have a few different soil mixes (ocean forest, happy frog, etc). i like your transparent containers as well, it’s great for understanding root development and seeing moist/dry soil conditions, but do try to nest them in opaque containers or wrap them in a black plastic bag or something. they say roots don’t like light.

i ordered a new 2x2 tent, so i think i’m going to be transplanting my babies soon as well.

i love those mushroom sprouts! don’t eat them though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Happy frog. lol that was the first question the wife asked, “can we eat those?”
Must have been in the soil

2 Likes

What would actually happen when planting psychotropic Mushrooms next to Canna? ever heard of “Companion planting” ? :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice I see you like long term sativa’s

That AG must go 24 weeks I’d think

3 Likes

I’m not real sure

4 Likes

Mycelium can help fix minerals in soil but not much else that would be helpful. If you have enough manure for a good colonization you probably have too much N for good growth.

Certainly they won’t exchange inebriates. lol

1 Like

I would say that’s too wet. Happy Frog is a good soil to learn with, not too hot for most varieties but I usually add about 30% more perlite to a new bag when I make some up.

1 Like

yes, i was more joking. If i simply think over the origin of Cannabis Tibet, the way cannabis grows, its pretty hard to imagine there would be a Symbiosis between psychedelic Mushs, and Cannabis.

Some trees have symbiotc relations with mushrooms, but yeah… would be a big coexidence. Cannabis is more “the Loner” i guess, as it is a “Weed” .

1 Like

Oh yes, I understood. I thought it interesting though.

Unfortunately the best conditions for each are not compatible.

2 Likes

Absolutely true! Trees live long enough for that to happen. Since weed is basically an annual no chance.

2 Likes

My bulb burned out sometime yesterday. I hope it didn’t mess them up.

8 Likes

My new drying space is working excellent. Even during the afternoon

4 Likes

oh, your older vb is looking so good tim! your young one is growing nicely as well.

1 Like