Tim’s first Vietnamese black grow

I think I overwatered the little one, I’m hoping it bounces back. I need to move to my bigger tent so I can add some heat. It’s only 72-75 in my seedling tent. I still have the heat mat on.

Day18 VB, watered today.

13 Likes

When growing a pure sativa indoors…flip them into bloom earlier than usual so you don’t get a massive and outta hand plant.

1 Like

I have them on 12/12 right now

2 Likes

Nice. Can’t wait to see how they turn out. Toucan does excellent work🤙

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing how big they get and definitely can’t wait to see how potent it is.

3 Likes

Aw shoot! I need to cover my transparent pots still

3 Likes

Off to a healthy start! :+1: little one will catch up when it gets some roots going.

2 Likes

White widow auto from ilgm.
This Diva! 2 weeks behind but she got evicted today.
My VB babies have a new home tomorrow :v:
Quick clean and reset and I’m adding heat

6 Likes

The little one is getting her legs finally

10 Likes

Day 23

6 Likes

Moved the Acapulco gold to my 5x5. Going to flower in 2 weeks.

10 Likes

Looking good brother :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks man✌️

3 Likes

Looking awesome Tim!

1 Like

Day28 for my VB
The big one is growing into the light very fast. The little one looks healthy but I must have stunted it somehow. Didn’t get moved into the bigger tent yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

8 Likes

Still widening the Acapulco gold so I can fill the canopy in the stretch. Lights at 230W 10 gallon pots. Slowly upping the watts this week to 460w.

12 Likes

nice tim, your plants are all looking very healthy! great job keeping a clean grow area, i try to do the same myself. my hope that is it keeps pests and issues at bay, or at least more noticeable when they happen.

i’m curious, you keep your lights pretty far away from your plants. i see you have three panels in your 5x5, so maybe they’re a pain to keep on adjusting? but my impression of led panels was that you want to keep them relatively close to your plants and at a power level that is appropriate for their growing stage.

aside from the very first week or so where my viet black was under two fairly weak led bulbs, that plant has been under good strong led panels since then. i currently have my viet black in my main flowering tent which is on 12/12 since i want to see sex on the plant asap. but i’ll also use whatever i need to elevate the small plant to a better height for maximum light-age. i feel that’s important, to give them the proper dose of lighting which encourages good growth. i probably could have lifted them a few more inches even.

my baby is about a week ahead of yours and she’s also going through her early flowering growth spurt as well so she’s a bit bigger than yours. as i mentioned though, i wanted to get her sexed asap since she’s likely gonna be a huge grower anyways and i didn’t feel like i needed to prolong her veg.

but i feel like i’ve been giving my plants a good amount of light to grow with. you can see in the small tent how close i have my led panel, while i try to keep an eye on heat and any possible light or heat bleaching issues. that panel is only running at about 30% power currently, whereas my main flower tent is running at 80%.

maybe once she hits the outdoors she’ll be able to compare to greandal’s plants. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

That is a lofty goal. Greandal’s plants are stunning! lol

2 Likes

I learned to grow using a progressive light schedule with the lights at the top of the tent. It works best if you get a good full canopy.
My Vietnamese black tho I’ve had my 24w 6” from the top of the plants, but I noticed the last time I had to raise it that the tall one wasn’t burning or having any I’ll effects. I’m going to try keeping them close to the TS-1000’s in my 2x4 and learn how to use my lights properly.
I VERY MUCH appreciate the input @highminwin!
When I move to the 2x4 today I think I’ll set the lights to 30% at 18”. I think that’s what marshydro recommends.
My total wattage in the 5x5 is 930watts ES-300’s
In my 2x4 it’s a little over 300watts

3 Likes