Tony Greens Tortured Beans

Not sog but scrog is amazing. The branching on these are so long that sog sounds counter productive.

1 Like

You got bugs…LOL

10 Likes

are those baby mantis on that leaf?

8 Likes

Yes indeed. Hatched some time this past week just in time for flower. The kind we like to see.

8 Likes

that is very cool
I should get some of those and I think I can order them too.
A friend was raising them from egg clusters a couple years ago.

6 Likes

What they ( Italian beefs ) look like … But I’ve been very fortunate in my success in hatching these. Get them from a place in AZ every year for the past 4 consistently. Its like a little Jurassic park for me. Mine starve or eat each other a good and bad thing. Good Bugs and weeds yes please.

6 Likes

I am looking to lessen my veg time to 0 if possible.

What’s the maximum density you would plant in a 4x4?

What could be the planting density for say 5 days of veg?

1 Like

You’ll never get 5 days of veg. Even starting 12/12 from seed you’ll still get 4 weeks of veg that you’re wasting pretty much by not giving it more light. I dunno you gotta ask someone else what this thing does with short veg. I veg for a month or so right now everything.

3 Likes

Sorry for the confusion!

I am talking about clones

So seed>Mother plant > Clones

1 Like

Last few years I have one or 2 show up in the yard. They’re the coolest bugs. Place that sells ladybugs has them. Haven’t bought any mantis for the yard. I have used Rove Beetles in the tent and yard. As long as they have food they’ll propagate. Not super cheap. But consider they cleaned up the plants I used them on and kept them clean until I harvested. I think the price was fair. Got mine from Arbico.

4 Likes

i have done it with gg4 but not tony’s 3 lbs of of bud from a 4x8 not including popcorn and larf

2 Likes

What was your planting density?
Which GG4 did you use?
Veg time?

2 Likes

2 weeks half 24 plants 3 weeks other half 25 plants. 2 weeks worked better for my height
flip 1 flip2 flip3

a cut from a friend supposed to be the clone only but who knows. killer stuff though

dont ant to clutter tony;s thread though so pm me if u need

10 Likes

having grown the SOG method for many years back in the day, I’m gonna say that the GG4 is not the ideal pick for dong sea of green. Scrog sure… sea of green… to much work.
The branching traits of the GG4 (there is only one GG4 clone only) negate the sea of green technique.
You would be better off training some plants to grow into a scrog net with colas in every square of the net. The GG4 and crosses excell at this type of growth training.

9 Likes

Thanks!

Which strains would you recommend for a SOG?
I am looking for something with heavy gas notes and yields well

1 Like

That’s in a 4x8?

2 Likes

yes and worked well.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen one lately but it would slay, just have to trim the shit out of ril hard but gb bx5 s1 would be ideal candidate imho

4 Likes

What density though?
Thanks for replying! :smiley:

1 Like

Put a hlg over a 10x10 footprint and run 10x10 1 gallons, prolly get 10 lbs easy lol. Just have to rotate the edges lol

3 Likes