Delay in mail and best practices for trading

I think that instead of being negative and getting between trades or policing IP addresses that we should just use the feedback forum that we already have set up here to point out who the good traders are.

9 Likes

I agree and I wasn’t suggesting bad vibes, but not everyone has a feedback page and just like we have a page dedicated to seed vendors to avoid, why not a page dedicated to members not to trade with? That, hopefully, will be a very short list. If someone disagrees with being posted on the list, postee, they have the opportunity to address that with the poster, offline.

3 Likes

I don’t have any feedback here but I have traded seeds and gave some freebies and always throw in a few extra

15 Likes

you can make your own trade feedback thread here:
https://overgrow.com/t/about-the-trade-feedback-category/14424

4 Likes

This situation is why I will only being giving out seeds through the seed co op . Even then there will be folks who just want the free seeds and will most likely never grow them.
There are lots of folks around here looking for free seeds and they aren’t all new members. I have seen a few longer members asking for seeds in multiple threads , in fact they are the only posts I have seen from a few of them, including asking for more seeds of something they already have lol

I never understood the whole " look at my crazy seed collection " thing . I grow weed not collect seeds to not grow and brag about having .
Anyway to each their own .

15 Likes

I don’t want to school anyone, I just think that these types of scam can be avoided. All it takes is a patience. Best practices are also summed up in Rules for Trading Post - Read before you post!

I’d start by searching for counterparty’s #trading-post:trade-feedback topic. If they don’t have one, I’d be cautious. I’d ask them to start one. I’d also ask them if they had traded before and have some references among our established members.

Following by this rule, you can’t be scammed by a newbie, because newbie always fulfils his part first. User without trade feedback topic always sends first.

And also it is good to start building your own reputation in your feedback topic to be in position of a trader with high rep. It takes some time to build reputation.

There are no shortcuts. Usually if you take a shortcut, you risk being scammed.

36 Likes

Right on Brother, it’s not all about the perceived Value of a seed. I understand your disappointment @anon98660487 , I look at it like Monkey, it’s the cost of doing business (trade). Unless these were some rarified seeds ( which I wouldn’t have unless I traded for them) i would just write it off and not let it get my BP up. Honestly, I have only “purchased” one pack of 20 seeds. All others in my 5 trays are either trades, gifts or strains I have made in the last year since starting my “collection” with a cut of GG4JW and one Purple Thai bag seed. Honestly I’m sure I have sent seeds and not gotten returns, but my memory is so shot from my fall that I wouldn’t even know. I go in to it expecting no quid pro quo so when I do receive seeds it’s a WONDERFUL DAY!!!..isn’t that what this site is all about???
:metal::sunglasses:

14 Likes

It is such a shame there are greedy folk out there. I would hope your seeds will still come @anon98660487 but who knows. I am new here and have been on another site for some time but this place is so different. On the other site I visit you cannot trade or gift things without being banned. When I stumbled in here I came across a thread that said they were giving away seeds and you just have to put your name down, next thing I know I am told someone is sending me seeds. It blew my mind. Than another Canadian popped up saying they wanted to give away seeds to any Canadians who want them, I said sure and now seeds are apparently coming my way. Now neither of these were trades, just folks saying if you want them than they are yours. I will grow them out or give them away to those in need as time progresses but with such a place I have to wonder why anyone would rip off another user. You would have to be a real piece of garbage to mess with such a good place full of such good people. It’s a short term gain with long term consequences. It is unfortunate that everyone just can’t be honest but sadly that is not the world we live in. About all we can do is not change who we are, be generous when we can, be forgiving of the less decent people and not send out anything we are not willing to lose. It’s like I tell my wife, don’t lend more money than you are willing to lose. Consider it gone and if it comes back than it’s a bonus. That way there are no hard feelings. You may not lend that person money again if they did not return it but at least you won’t hate them. Well there is my rant, hope everyone has a great day. :v:

16 Likes

Right. My mail has been excruciatingly slow lately.

Don’t give up hope yet

3 Likes

I just got mail today from @JBow918 that was mailed 2 weeks ago. This is not the norm - he is a respected member here and we have traded many times and it usually takes under a week. The letter was postmarked 1/15 and got here 1/28. My girlfriend ordered a book from amazon, it was shipped from within the same state, less than an hour from here, and it got shipped to the next state over and is now 2 states away. There is something wacky going on with the mail lately.

12 Likes

Glad it made finally. Yeah man the mail is royally F’d up. Like I told you my payment I mailed to csi priority took 3 weeks to get there.

6 Likes

Yeah @JBow918, I wasn’t worried in the least, actually. I knew you had mailed them and I figured they were zig-zagging across the country on a sight-seeing tour. I was just pointing out the fact that lately mail trades have been taking a long time, and although it can be frustrating, it usually works out in the end.

4 Likes

Wish I had enough love to like all your posts. I agree whole heartedly with all of you. If there ever was a caution thread on who to trade with I would think there should be a second chance for peeps to redeem themselves. Not everyone is gonna make a trade back forum for themselves so I would agree to a cautionary list

6 Likes

I want to say this right now, if i send anyone seeds or you send them to me,but more when i send,I am in a rural area, and even if the seeds were going east they have to go west to a bigger post office first,it always takes awhile from here,but so far i have provided tracking. I have had stuff take more then ten days.

5 Likes

It is a dumb-ass ‘kid’ move. I don’t get it.
If you hang out, post a grow log and sign up for the co-op seed runs, you will be buried in more seeds that you could grow inside a year… :confused:
Really, they are the ones loosing out.

Cheers
G

20 Likes

Iv had first class tracking take 2 weeks multiple times before. I would give it 3 weeks if it’s in the states before posting on someone’s record or before being put on a list

5 Likes

He’s is a piece shit he posted a trade for OG kush I traded him the OG kush seeds it don’t take fucking 10 days to send seeds from AZ to San Francisco I just send seeds down there and it took 3 days,

His name is sweetleaf don’t be doing business with the piece of shit,he laughed when I ask him for proof if he sent the seeds

Anyway like I said he’s fucked up anyone else’s chances of getting anything from me for free

1 Like

Your jumping the gun buddy. USPS is fucked up right now. Ask @newb2.0 what happened to a package i sent him.

8 Likes

I’ve had loads of packages from all over the states arrive on time,he got his seeds on time

Stop it don’t take 10 days