Delay in mail and best practices for trading

Like I said mr sweetleaf has fucked it up for any new members getting free seeds from me I’ve helped plenty of people out with free seeds who were broke

And I don’t like being fucked over to be honest

2 Likes

i havent traded yet, only been sent seeds and sent seeds, so i dont know i guess how i might feel

Well. I definitely wont be doing trades with @anon98660487. His inability to understand how the USPS operates at times like these makes me worried the mail might take longer then he thinks it should and then come here bashing me.

16 Likes

Yea I sent out 4 bean packages a couple weeks ago. The ones that were closest to me 1 1/2 hrs away took about 10 days. It was silly and the 2 that went all the way across country only took 2-3 days. Patience some post offices are not working at capacity and sometimes mail gets rerouted the wrong direction.

2 Likes

Wind your neck in,I won’t be doing trades with Irish rocker who gives a fuck

Right on. Lol

2 Likes

Man I think you are handling it ok. Ask for proof of sending and communicate. In all candor, I’ve had seeds all packed up and ready to go. Then I get distracted being old and pretty high all the time, that they sit on my kitchen table sometimes a week before my lazy ass gets to the post office. Check the reputation thread and make good decisions. It’s all love…

:cowboy_hat_face::mask:

13 Likes

I have talked to @SweetLeaf and he is in contact with @anon98660487. He is not hiding anywhere and he promised that the seeds are on its way from the beginning, so hopefully they will arrive soon and it is just the delay problem of the postal service.

28 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 30 hours.

Watch this thread go from a slandering thread to an apology thread :laughing:

8 Likes

Some of the seeds I have sent out recently have taken 3 weeks or longer to arrive. The mail is screwed up. So let’s all have some patience and be kind to each other. That’s what this site is about!

12 Likes

Patience is a virtue!

7 Likes

I just left the usps tracking website. There’s a big red warning about unprecedented volume and delays…

7 Likes

Agreed. Currently I have been waiting for 18 days for a pkg from @misterbee - and if there was ever someone you could trust 100% it is him. I am not about to accuse him of not sending the seeds - that’s not how we do things around here. I agree that it can be frustrating at times to wait for something in the mail these days, but we need to trust in each other and support each other.

6 Likes

Well the seeds didn’t arrive he said he would send back the seeds I sent him,we see how that goes lol

I’ll be throwing the seeds in the bin,I refuse to hold onto anything that’s been this much hassle lol
I just sent seeds to someone from another forum to AZ 4 days snail mail.

This thread is specifically why we don’t moderate seed trade… We allow it, but to what extent are we to enforce it? There really isn’t much, we set up the trade feedback because we cannot put rating systems under specific users…

@LemonadeJoe

When it comes to seed trade (and I apply this to anywhere) “Trade at your own risk”

Some people are in it to take from others with no intention of reciprocity…those people will always and Infinitly suck a sweaty nut sack…

It’s a shitty situation but now everyone knows the deal for this member…

18 Likes

As @Grohio said earlier in the thread- even with priority mail and tracking, the package he sent looked like it bounced around the back of a truck, going from one place to the next. The package was within 30 miles of my house but never made it to the local PO so never made it to my house. Took close to 3 weeks I think, but it ended up back at his house, all taped up with no seeds inside.

Not once did I think he was trying to screw me over. He feels bad, I recognize shit happens and don’t expect anything from him. We are all at risk making these trades and I see how he carries himself around here so there was a base level of trust I had in him.

Now I received some seeds to do a seed run from another member, and none germinated and emerged from the soil, while at the same time, 2 different strains germed just fine. Not 100% success rate, but indicates I did enough to get some success. Now I feel bad and want to make it up for that member, but if I was someone sending old seeds for a run and they didn’t emerge, I’d be bummed but so be it. No guarantees in biology.

Anyways, make your choices around here and live with them is how I see it.

10 Likes

Being lost in the mail is a thing too. I was expecting a package from a well respected member, the letter I sent him arrived and his didn’t a few weeks later. I said oh well, things are crazy right now with mail. He sent another set (arrived promptly), said hope the first one shows up at some point. I’m still waiting for the first set lol.

7 Likes

I’m waiting on a SpeeCees pack that’s been in Chicago for two years hahahahaha

Crap anyways but still lol

13 Likes