Trichome shots!

Another thing that tricombs are used for is an animal deterrent to protect the seeds. Also I read that 2 reasons why defoliation works for increased tricomb production is that yes more energy will be used for flower and tricomb production, but also the plant thinks it’s being eaten so it goes into a defensive mode and produces more tricombs to protect the remaining flower and seed sites so it can reproduce.

4 Likes

And also sometimes heavy defol causes an over production of androgens which leads to your nice pretty ladies creating seeds anyway

It’s a matter if how people grow really… I won’t defol hardly at all past 2 weeks in flower anymore but some people strip their plants completely and still make it out alive…

If there is no reason to, why do it? That’s my thought on it I guess

3 Likes

Got that right @CouchKushn

Check this out. My close friend D-Rey again brings the goods to light.

See minute 21:15

4 Likes

@99PerCent
Hi nice to meet you, I just realized I’ve got a dr. appointment, I’ll check out the vid. when I return. Thanks.

1 Like

Oh man @99PerCent, thanks for putting that out there, that is one of the best videos on this subject that I’ve seen. I hope more people especially the newer growers see this, it really gives you a new and interesting way to see that plants are no different than humans, and animals when it comes to survival, we all have the desire to live and find ways to do this. The tricombs and catapillar blew me away, I had no idea about that, very interesting to me. Really cool.

3 Likes

Absolutely magical! Thank you for that my old friend! Much love and respect…

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I wouldn’t trim any leaf They are the nutrients deposit for the plant and a “solar panel” to catch the light and transform it in food and energy to grow and create the buds. I try to respect Mother’s Nature normal behaviour, wouldn’t drill, put sticks or bend until cracking either. For me just killing her at the end (sometimes earlier by mistake :grin:) is enough, they get stressed and suffer for sure, no big crop deserves that … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

12 Likes

Hi @George, I’ve heard a lot of others say and do as you say and that’s great, what ever you think is best for you and your girls is what it’s all about. But the way I look at it is like this, I’ve done both, leaving the plant to grow undisturbed, and growing using LST and HST, i find I get much more potent bud using training techniques and defoliation. Since we were born with an Endo Cannabinoid System in our brains I believe cannabis is here to benefit man, and if stressing the plant gives me more medicine I see no reason not to stress the little girls, they seem to react positively to it. Cheers.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply, I understand your point of view. They also say that meat from animals that suffered or had pain before dying tastes worse and is more hard to eat. Maybe it doesn’t make sense at all and you’re right, we make the rules. I am not looking for quantity but quality, always try to have happy plants but I am not always able to achieve that :grin:, cheers … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sorry about that. They were in the wrong color space…
here is some morning macro work day 58 or so.

18 Likes

one more for the road. tight cropping … lose a little detail, but it’s worth it.

16 Likes

Queen Mother

14 Likes

@ATM, that trichome density is crazy!

1 Like

Thank you. Yes it is impressive. Cant wait to smoke it.

1 Like

This is probably the best I can get with this cheap Lumia phones crappy camera… Perhaps soon ill get out my professional equipment…

Scythian Fire :fire: Manidoo Seeds

19 Likes

Sooooooooo pretty! Much Respect…

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Anyone have a suggestion on a Macro camera lens or app for an iPhone X? I bought a cheapish set and Have a 15x, but have to get so close as touching the plant to see any trichs.

Thanks all for the help…

In related news…

2 Likes

Close ups of some Dark Sparks

10 Likes