Trim Jail ✂

This is the last of some Cindy.

This is a bag of Cuvee waiting for me to start on it.

I got a long night ahead of me. Ha! Ha! :grin:

12 Likes

Back to the dungeon with you.

Puff puff pass.

2 Likes

I like the dark gold pistils on those C99’s! will be spending some time in jail this week, one down, got a few more to go.

12 Likes

Hoo, Wee, you got some fat bottom girls there! Ha! Ha! :grin:

1 Like

woohoo just finished the last bud!! done!! i don’t really sell any but i still like to give an extremely tight manicure, take out all the stem and leaves… more for extracts i guess. I know GML pays his trimmers $160 per pound (dry) so i would be losing money at that rate!

although it’d probably have went a lot faster if i’d taken off the fan leaves before drying, i will probably continue to full hang whole plants without removing anything

4 Likes

That’s the idea, you work they profit.

2 Likes

It’s cold outside! I gotta a big brown cell mate crowding me out.

14 Likes

It’s all right, we’ll keep your place till they let you back out

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I was in trim jail for about 30 mins tonight. I don’t sell and don’t care about tightly manicured buds, so I just run the fiskars around the body of the bud an call it good. :slight_smile: My handiwork is hangin on the pantry wire rack with clothes pins. 5 branches with LARGE colas, 3 with smaller ones, and all the lowers/smaller than a mini bic lighter went in a tub for extracts later.

3 Likes

Well well well
Look who showed up to the party
:vulcan: :scissors:

1 Like

Haha! you know, it’d have been a lot longer but I been slowly plucking all the big fans everytime I check on the plants… there almost weren’t any big ones left lol.

2 Likes

Aside from those that enjoy Trim Jail, do you guys see a problem with curing and storing mostly untrimmed bud (without fan leaves), and then trimming at the moment of consumption? Seems to me that those extra leaves can protect the thrichome heads a bit while the bud is stored, and it would save the bore of straight hours trimming. Of course, it only makes sense the bud is not to be sold, etc.

5 Likes

I have began doing this. But find that it really helps to get as many of the outer leaves while jarring to help with the curing, and to make sure the jar is loud! When I leave on too many leaves and vegetation curing is a nightmare and I find you lose out on overall jar appeal and smell. Which play a big part in your subconscious. Imho.

3 Likes

I have heard many people say that the leaves protect the trichomes but I ask;

Protect them from what?

3 Likes

Sticking them to my fingers when handling them, falling to the bottom of the jar, etc. Have you made dry sift? Ripe thricome heads seem to fall off rather easily. Probably weed is not so much tumbled as mentioned on another thread but roughed after harvest.

But even if there is nothing to this “protection” thing, the point still seem to stand that its easier to trim a couple of buds each time than a pound during a weekend.

4 Likes

That I absolutely do agree with, a couple of buds at a time is way less stressful than whole day(s) of trimming.

Keep smiling.

2 Likes

i want the trim and larf for extracts and edibles right away tho. i also manicure very tight despite being for myself… i trim it the way i’d want to see it if i were buying it… just my ocd i guess

7 Likes

One of the advantages of running multiple strains with flowering times ranging from 8 weeks to 16 weeks is a staggered harvest. Combined with the Sativa strains I like I spend less than hour at time trimming. Normally under a 1/2 hour.

5 Likes

Man do i miss trim jail😢. Hope your safe @ryasco
Anyone hear from him?

3 Likes

bump. :frog: on a log.

How do you make trim jail easier?

Music? Special chair? Slaves?

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like