Tropicanna Poison F1 Fast Version - first diary

Wow, I didn’t think it had filled in as much as it had, until I went to post this update and saw the picture above

Not sure if you can tell, but I have one of those yo-yo lines connected to the plant on the left. It seems that the combination of the net + having split off one side is causing the plant to tip and drop into the tank. The line was an attempt to keep it upright, I think the best thing I can do is brainstorm a way to tighten the fitting between the lid and the net pots.

I still have to feed them tomorrow, and I think based on the growth last week, that I will flip them next week, so I will put a half dose of MOAB in this weeks feeding. I don’t know that I should even let them veg another full week, but we will see.

Not sure if those spots are just from splashing when i was adding water, but I went and checked and it doesnt seem to be on the leaves up top.

edit, forgot to mention, the root ball in there is pretty massive. it sucks down so much water. i dont know how i can still fit 5 gallons of water in there with it.

5 Likes

Yeah, I use my grow log here mostly for myself, I think only a few read it beyond the random stranger. It’s nice to be reminded where I was not so long ago. Unfortunately all of the silly mistakes I make are also documented…

2 Likes

So so true. I am happy about though. If/when someone sees me doing something silly and calls me on it, chances are, I wont be doing that again.

3 Likes

Went to start defoliating a little and noticed some of the smaller branches are pretty limp. I will check them tomorrow, see if the feeding helps get them strengthened back up. My other thought is that defoliating might help as there wont be as many leaves to water. Not sure. Depending on how the plant looks tomorrow, I will probably be removing most of the larger bottom leaves the try and give it some more airflow before the flip.Anyway, the point of this post was to remind myself to install tubing to have a visual indicator of water levels. I will probably just need to keep checking it, maybe 2x a day for this run, but future runs I need to make that easier for myself.

Starting to feel a little bit of pressure to allow enough time for the MOAB to start doing its thing, get defoliation done a little early in the week, then flip the lights next weekend. I guess if it starts to over-veg during the stretch, I can just stop moving them horizontally and let them start to stretch vertically.

4 Likes

I panicked. I kept thinking about how stacked some of those areas were, and how limp and yellow some of the upper leaves were. So I started chopping. My thought was, once they go to flower, all of the leaves below the net are getting chopped anyway. I pretty much defoilated until I could see through that section again. Not sure if I went too far, or not far enough. They definitely perked up over night.
Last Night:

This morning:

I pulled it a little forward too, trying to re-center it a little.

8 Likes

I think my tips might be burning. Just the tiniest of white dots. I dont think I am going to jump on it tonight, but I will need to redo my nutes tomorrow. Can’t imagine this is going to magically fix itself, so I will start filling up the 5 gal. le sigh

5 Likes

(Do people normally just add on to the OP or make posts like this for their progress?)

I am going to flip this weekend, so I am going to start applying CS to a branch on each a couple days before I change the lights. I didn’t want to risk spraying, because I would like to smoke the bud, so I was thinking of using a paint brush for application, but a friend mentioned possibly isolating the branch in a bag during the spraying. Anyone have a preference?

2 Likes

So, I went to lecture by dj short in detroit about 10 years ago and he had some interesting thoughts on it. His claim is that letting a plant go to seed results in a broader cannabanoid profile, IE more cbd, cbn, cbg, etc. in exchange for the thc. I don’t know of anyone that has done testing on a seeded vs unseeded clone, but I would love to see it. I’ve personally never minded herb that had seeds, as long as I know before throwing it into the grinder.

3 Likes

The plants are finally about the same level. Not sure how, but it works for me. I think I need to flip the lights, but I still have not picked a branch to CS on each. It’s a lot easier to isolate them when they are in an 8 branch manifold. Starting to debate if I should even mess around with seeds or just let this do it’s thing. Don’t have much time to decide. From what I recall, even though I can’t find the specific video anymore, I need to start the CS a day or 2 before the flip. Oh, and I am still getting assistance defoliating the bottom leaves. Those are all coming off in flower anyway, and she hasnt gone nuts, so I will let her help xD

8 Likes

I tried using a paint brush, but it didnt seem very effective, so i put these plates under the branches I chose. Then I put a plastic bag around the branch before i sprayed and left it there for about 30s after spraying it. I will probably leave the plates there for an hour or so. Just kind of winging it at this point.

maybe i should just cut those branches into clones before i flip, and then push them to 12 / 12 after they root

4 Likes

No, I am going to stop tinkering with my lineup. This is what I am doing this run. lol

2 Likes

Small minor update. The canopy was only level because the net pot had fallen through, into the res. I have that secured better now with folded sandwich baggies, thanks to a friend’s suggestion, but I may stop applying any sort of pressure with the net, so that doesn’t happen again. I know having uneven colas will make the higher ones have priority, but im not sure what I will do.

7 Likes

If you look at my grow log, you’ll see me talk to myself for days at a time. Sometimes I edit post to add on not spam, depends how long from the first. So don’t worry about your grow long having too many post from you lol, format it how you want.

2 Likes

I think one mistake I make is adding too many variables, so until I have my core process locked down, I am afraid of finding too many new shiny options to try. I’ll give yours a look though.

3 Likes

No picture today, but I did spray them a few more times, feed them, and changed to light timer to 12/12

3 Likes

The girls are definitely stretching up after that longer nap :smiley: I dont remember how long it took for them to start showing last time, but there will be many pics. They are so pretty, the whole time.

2 Likes

Moved the humidifier in there, and set it to 70% for now

Guess I should take the net down. I cant use it without tipping the one side still. I have enough yo-yo lines to keep it supported if needed.

8 Likes

I have some plant envy now; hard to believe that’s only a couple plants!

2 Likes

The crazy part to me is at least 2/3 of that, is the plant I snapped in half. The plant with all 8 branches is the front right corner.

3 Likes

Took these shots of the roots. Not sure if that second pic just looks darker, or if that is a problem. I had to use a flash to get that pic because that side is just darker. Aside from not getting as big and bushy as the other, it seems to be ok. Input would be appreciated. I’m not sure if I should just let it be, or if there is a better way to figure this out.

5 Likes