Tropicanna Poison F1 Fast Version - first diary

I think it’s fine. I was going to get up in there, but when I lifted the other side of the lid, it didnt look the same under regular light. Must have just been the flash from my phone.

Secondly, sticking my face into those leaves smells sooo good already.

3 Likes

Took the suggestion of @Purple-N-Hairy finally and cut a couple more net pots to help secure mine in there. Works so well. It might not look like it, but they would fall through if i looked at them weird. Now I can put the net back in place to help spread out the flowers as they pop up.

Tomorrow I will change from transition nutrients to bloom nutrients. Bump the MOAB a tiny bit.

Other than weekly feedings, and keeping an eye on them, my next task should be their last trimming in 2 weeks. I assume that timing holds for Fast Flowers, but like most things, I am just winging it.

9 Likes

Tent is going to be bursting in another week lol.

Looking good

1 Like

lol…even a broken clock is right sometimes! :crazy_face:

But seriously, I’m glad it worked for you. However, I highly suggest you get the wide-lipped net pots like the one I posted in your other thread and do the same thing, only you’ll be replacing the support pot(s) you just put on. With as little as I can see holding those pots above your reservoir, the added weight of those ladies with fat buds will surely be too much to handle.

Looks good though, @other_barry!

2 Likes

I was planning to pick some up for my next run anyway, so I will grab them now and do just that.

2 Likes

Looks like I might need to buy a few more lids and cut smaller holes. I found those nice net pots you use at 1, 2, 3 inch, but mine are 3.75 inches. They sit really awkwardly so redoing that part does not sound horrible to me.

2 Likes

Wow, I didn’t realize yours were that size! Yeah, I use 2 inch net pots, and with that wide lip, there’s never an issue of them falling through.

So if you do decide to go with the 2" pots, you may want to make other changes as well. How do you clone your cuttings?

2 Likes

These were from seed, but usually I cut, put them in rockwool or a root riot with gel, then keep them in a dome for 10 days or so. I had been thinking of trying a neoprene holder, but haven’t yet

2 Likes

Gotcha. As I’m sure you know, they make rockwool cubes that fit in those 2" net pots, but I moved away from rockwool altogether about 10 years ago. I didn’t like the green slime (algae) buildup. So now I usually clone without putting the cuttings into any media - just let them dangle from a cloning collar in the 2" net pot, sitting in an aeroponics bucket with a dome (which I remove once rooted).

1 Like

Not really a fan of that myself, and if it isnt necessary, can I just aim my water at the dangling roots if I were to try that, or would I want to get a whole misting system established? right now that tube in my picture just goes up against the side of whatever I put the cutting in

I can’t really give you an answer based on any experience other than my own, but I normally run the pump constantly until the cuttings have roots - and it sprays the entire bucket (or tub) above the nozzles.

1 Like

Feeding day. Switching to full flower nutes, thought I don’t plan to increase the bloom booster.

When I started spraying with CS, I made tags for the branches out of twist ties, but also had the idea to give them paper plate collars. It not only helps me differentiate them, but it makes it easier to wrap a bag around it before I spray the CS, so I don’t spray others. Future seed runs will be using clones, or at least small plants, so they can be quicker runs, and I dont need to worry about separating the branch.

Oh, disregard the high RH mark on the reading below. This thing is finally starting to dry out and work again :smiley: This reading is on the floor of the tent, as I dont have a easy solution to keep it at canopy level at the moment.

It’s crazy how much it grew above the paper plate collars, in 1 week!

7 Likes

Early signs of purple on one. I’ll post better pics tomorrow after I defolliate.

8 Likes

Now that I submitted that last pic for the pic of the month contest, I see there is a hair on there :rofl:

2 Likes

Just dont zoom in, its a beautiful picture lol

2 Likes

My Buds always have cat hair on them . Always see it after I take the pic . lol

3 Likes

I don’t own anything without cat hair on it anymore.

3 Likes

Took my time today, and chopping away.
Here is our starting point:

This small plant on the right didn’t require a whole lot, aside from my feelings of remorse, about not managing that very well. Each branch is a different height. One of the main 8, I am not too sure whether it will produce anything. Put the plastic bags in there to help differentiate.

I had to spin the container a bit, in order the reach everywhere

I found using my camera can really help identify dark areas

And here is where we ended.

Now to try and feed and CS before lights out

11 Likes

They are looking pretty happy today :blush:

9 Likes

By the size of the stocks you’ll have firewood for the stove when done. How did you get them that big?

2 Likes