Tropicanna Poison F1 Fast Version - first diary

Just found this site, have 2 of these going atm

This is my first attempt at a diary, so all feedback/input is welcome and appreciated. I can not stress that enough. I am definitely nowhere close to “I know what I’m doing” status, lol

Got that pack a while back. I started 2, one literally jumped out of the starter cube when it sprouted, and I could not get it to recover from that. (Now I start in paper towels, and move to the cubes once they opened. The other I ran, but I think I harvested early. It’s great smoke, but the buds were small, and there wasnt a whole lot of it.

I started my last 2, with the intention of using some CS and getting some more seeds out of them.

Environment

3x3 TopoGrow tent
Top fed DWC
Viparspectra XS2000
have a couple of those CO2 bags in the tent, not sure if they actually help
temp is usually around 80F, tops at 82F sometimes. I am thinking of getting a small evaporative cooler to help bring this down

Nutrients

General Hydroponics 3 part
Botanicare Hydroguard, CalMag, and Silica Blast
was using feeding amounts from info i found on GWE, but ive been tinkering with amounts in an attempt to learn something. Probably not the best idea to do with my last 2 of this strain xD

Timeline so far

Nov 13 - Germ
Nov 29 - topped
Unsure - topped again to create and 8 way split on each
Unsure - added a scrog net to try and get some horizontal growth
Unsure - pushed a little to hard, and broke off half of one of the plants, down to 12 branches :cry:

Now I am planning to let them veg out a bit, before I find a branch or 2 to CS, starting a few days before flip. Almost forgot to mention, I am letting them recover at the moment from breaking all their limbs (intentionally(well, except the part that snapped from my attempt at LST)

Will add some pictures of them, up to this point, in a bit. Anything I’ve left out so far?

PICS
Day 1 - idk if thats a good look -_-

Day 2 - phew!

Day 5

Day 13

Day 34

Here are a few from a previous run, i can remove them if this is bad form
sorry for not great quality
Couple shots of the bagseed ive been referencing

Old light - bottom left is bagseed, last run in dirt, right is trop poison, top left is bag seed in the DWC, kinda overrun for a bit

Trop Poison branch

Trop Poison using a flashlight with the light off

Trop Poison buds around when i started the cure, i think

28 Likes

Sounds good! How long do you plan to veg for? I’m just finishing a plant i “topped for 8 colas” it got wildly out of hand lol wishing I had put a scrog net in

3 Likes

Im still debating that. I need to research better ways to LST so I dont snap anymore plants in half lol

I want to both try getting it to be tabletop like I see in some pics, but at the same time, I want to try letting it grow vertically like I see in other pictures. There are so many things I want to try, that I need to spread over multiple runs, that I have trouble choosing sometimes. So far I tend to start an 8 cola manifold, then I honestly cant say how I chosen when to flip. I think maybe when I start questioning if doubling in size would cause issues raising my light higher

3 Likes

Pictures would be nice . :smiley:

3 Likes

After work, I will get those on here

3 Likes

That sounds like a good setup, doesn’t it?

archer_2009.barry_dillon

Yes it does, other Barry :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Pinch and roll the stems to soften them first!

6 Likes

This was me pushing on that main split from the first top and I heard a pop. I tried taping it in place, because ive seen some people say that works, but that part just died overnight.

I thought the pinch and roll was to make those knuckles spots, or is that what you mean, do that to adjust them, dont push on it like a rabid caveman?

1 Like

I just kinda pinch till they crunch and soften the n they can be bent into place easier

4 Likes

Pulling up a chair, pipe in hand, and along for the ride!

3 Likes

Pulling up a chair…I’m on lunch…already had the pipe in hand.

4 Likes

added some pics :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So I’m sitting here, smoking some royal cherry diesel from the dispensary so I dont break into my cure, and im trying to pick between using CS on a whole plant, or just a branch, or a branch on each plant. As I dont really understand the implications of my choices, I will likely default to spraying one branch from the one that still has all 8 branches, hopefully one close to the center of the tent. Maybe use a paint brush this time instead of a spray bottle, so I can smoke the rest of it without worry.

Still planning to let this veg for a bit, before i need to lock that decision in

1 Like

Pulling up a chair for this. :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Rotated the left one, and removed some of the larger leaves. Also, realized the other one seemed be be getting a little busy, so I made some space for light and air. Left some larger leaves at the bottom for now, not really sure why. Sometimes I just do what feels right, even when my feels are not always accurate :skull:

They are just starting to make my hands smell like I cracked open an orange if I touch them at all. It’s soo good :drooling_face:

5 Likes

I saw someone post that the plants don’t produce as much THC when they are producing seeds. Can anyone tell me if that is a drastic difference? I was hoping to get seeds and smoke from this round.

1 Like

Im 2 days from cutting Tropicana and my o my the smell is intense orange smell8ng but mor like 5 alive juice its a keeper in the taste and stone department but production is bottom end. But who cares when its your smoke. Cheers and good luck i will be following

1 Like

IME seeded plants spend more energy making seeds and less making secondary metabolites. That being said, the difference is subtle, I have no issues smoking my seeded weed.

4 Likes

Temp/Humidity on top of the reservoir

Temp/Humidity at canopy level (left it there a couple hours after the first pic)

Maybe I should put a humidifier in there. I have one, somewhere…

4 Likes

Probably going to stick to weekly updates now, when I feed, unless something notable happens.

They looked a little droopy today, and I noticed the temp range was lower. Down to 72-77F. When I went to drain the reservoir, I noticed the water had gotten way lower since the last time I checked on it.

I need to do more frequent checks so it doesnt drop as much again. This also has me wondering is some of my heat is coming from the tank retaining it from the light.

I have reflective tape, so I will try to get the lid lined sometime this week, if I can get under there without damaging anything. It may have to wait until after this round so I can ensure it’s lined well.

Think I might want to clip some leaves and tidy things up a little. Trying not to fidget with them too much as they finally seem to be recovering from the supercropping.

4 Likes