Upgrade dilemma

I’m gonna step in here and say this,

Play nice, or don’t play at all. I will review this thread tonight and take appropriate actions.

@anon58740919 We go way back, but I have a duty to moderate to the standards LJ has set forth for this forum. We aren’t in the 'Tank, your excessive use of language, vulgarity and threats of exposing private emails, names, and addresses is unacceptable on any front. Your issues with Baudelaire are not a public matter, find a way to settle it in private or move on.

@slain Perhaps you should take a step back, review your conduct, find a way to have a peaceful conversation without the use of language as well.

Consider this a friendly reminder that we are here for the advancement of knowledge, healthy discussion, and a sense of community.

-Jelly-

9 Likes

Fair enough, my bad and I can accept that. I completely subscribe to the concept of the advancement of knowledge here, but would like think one of the ways to do that on OG is be able to have frank and fearless discussions about commercial products without being insulted by some vendor who has no clue about who you are and what you might know. Hyper defensive posturing by a vendor with a vested interest likewise does’t seem to me to be withing the spirit of OG or the advancement of knowledge. I will however definitely take your suggestion and tone it down some.

3 Likes

That’s all i’m asking, thank you very much for the acknowledgement.

I’m all for heated discussion, but it can be accomplished while still remaining civil. If you(anyone) want(s) to go all out, do it in PM or in the Shark Tank.

8 Likes

I don’t give a flying fuck how far we go back. If someone takes the piss I’m gonna let them know. No one mentioned anything about addresses or names. Just emails and the only private one that would be exposed was mine. So off your high horse and don’t pipe up where it doesn’t concern you.

As baudelaire is a “businessman” using this as a platform to punt his stock it :100: is the place to post what I did. If you actually look back to my first message in response to a thread with the title “upgrade dilemma” you will see I was actually quite polite and courteous in saying baudelaire has a decent product but the price including duties doesn’t stack up outside the US

I didn’t start the name calling did I. So before you start your Willy nilly bullshit modding. Do some fucking reading

5 Likes

To be fair I also didn’t start out as anything but reasonable and got accused of ‘misleading’ when all I was genuinely seeking was some technical information/clarification. In person I would have in all likelihood have told this person where to go in no short order simply for being unnecessarily rude and combative for no reason.
This discussion got heated mostly because a vendor took exception to being asked to justify their spiel with hard data AND specifically from me because I dared suggest something that was not their product. This is in my view living up to the spirit of OG, i.e where I might, contributing through my experiences so that others might be able to also learn and this guy thinks insulting people by accusing them of being deliberately ‘misleading’ is in the spirit of OG? Not around my session table bro is all I woudl say.

4 Likes

Thanks for your on topic reply bro, I’ll have a further read through it later when I’m more compos mentis :thumbsup:

I didn’t realise excessive use of language was an issue so i’ll try to make my sentences shorter in future.

Are children allowed to read our posts because i would never approve of that. If not then can i suggest we treat profanity as an extension to our vocabulary unless it’s being used to personally insult someone. Are we all adults on here because i am no longer certain :confounded:

Many of us here are technically criminals who could get serious jail sentences if caught growing so if you get upset by swear words…do i really need to finish?

2 Likes

All good man. So you can use arduino’s inbuilt PWM or get a 12 bit PWM driver if you want more levels of brightness . You can pick up thermosisters for about $4, or a ready to go temp/humidity module for about $10.

This is a markup schematic of the mosfet module I referred to earlier.

These guys have a pretty good how to for using a thermosistor, code is included.

1 Like

It’s clearly something that’s needed bro but i’m really not the best guy to put it together. I hate messing with computers and code. If someone can put together a one box solution which could be setup by a stoned ape… i’ll make a neat a job of the wiring :grin:

3 Likes

I did not get to it till this morning.

Nope.

Was this necessary? I mentioned previously that I was going to review the entirety of the post, I just hadn’t gotten to it yet.

True.

Until a few of the posts had been edited, this actually happened (personal insults)

To the first portion of your suggestion @Albannach,
I read somewhere that people that use profanity as an extension to vocabulary are actually smarter than people that do not. I can’t speak 100% certainly on this but I have known quite a few “vulgar” people who were really smart. :laughing:

After reviewing this thread I can find no fault with the CURRENT information (As in, after everything has been edited by the respecting parties) As it reads right now, it just looks like heated discussion.

Since the original posters of the comments that would warrant modding have been remedied by themselves,

Will do, thanks for the helpful suggestion. :peace:

7 Likes

I don’t believe that a persons use of profane language can be used reliably to judge their intelligence - or indeed lack of. I know situations can arise where profanity is used as a reason to dismiss an individual and/or their cause. I like to think i am in better/less judgemental company here…

I grew up in a fishing port and some of the most (and least) intelligent people work in that industry. You cant judge them by conventional means, they all swear like troopers.

You might see one almost blind drunk, cursing and fighting with anyone who comes near. But the next night he’s in his bunk reading stuff like Homer’s Odyssey or Paradise Lost (he lent me that, way too deep imo).

It also comes down to nationality. In the UK swearing is not solely preserved for the lowest social classes. I have worked on some fancy floating gin palaces in my day and most of the owners love to swear their heads off. Especially when they know their wives cant hear them.

I think some of the best people to know are argumentative tossers with social issues, myself included :laughing:

4 Likes

Hi friend :wave: :blush: :joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Yeh bro birds of a feather…or some such shite :joy:

3 Likes

Ha ha. I just think our over seas friends are a little bit more sensitive. I thought my name was c*nt until I hit my teens FFS :rofl:

10 Likes

You know i believe you may be right. Mind you we don’t run quite the same risk of getting a gun pulled on us if we insult someone. That might influence how ‘polite’ you feel you need to be around others

A tradition greeting among friends here was often a shout of ‘Alrite Cunt’ accompanied by a big grin and a raised middle finger. I am a west coast Scot however and we are mostly mad bastards around here. I blame the weather, and the close proximity to Ireland :laughing:

4 Likes

Haha I’m not that far down from you. Anyone that’s ever spoke to a true Geordie properly (if they can understand us) knows every sentence has a swear word within it. It’s just normal to us. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve know a few over the years. Most were sound blokes but one is an utter arse. He’s from south shields though :laughing:

1 Like

This sadly could not be any more accurate depending on WHERE you live here in the States.

5 Likes

That’s not a Geordie :rofl:that’s a Mackem :-1:

2 Likes

I got that one. Some places here are just about as bad and for mostly the same reasons. Poverty and social exclusion are rife, just add in gang culture and guns and we have the same sort of mess. Probably a lot more swearing here though :grin:

5 Likes

No one go to midsomer is all I can say. There’s been a murder there weekly for the past 20 or so years. House prices are probably cheap though

3 Likes