Upstate new York grows

LOL! I don’t think peeps from Yonkers qualify for upstate.

5 Likes

Starting bringing my plants outside last weekend and theyre doing great in that NY sun. They were 12 weeks old already so quite strong.

Fyi. I am upstate (about 20 min to NYC lol but thats upstate… anyone north of albany might as well be canada.

4 Likes

Yonkers no. But anything past y/o :wink:

2 Likes

As I said outside the 5 borough upstate :joy:

2 Likes

Orange county boy here… anything outside of the zoo is upstate.

1 Like

Try like speculator for upstate ny :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Watch your humidity levels if keeping under covered greenhouse.

I like to use this app called Sun Calendar for helping to plan my outdoor grows.

In MA here, I put some girls out to flower last month. They are flowering outside now w 14 hours of natural light, w some shading at either end.

7 Likes

OP, if you’re planning on doing a full season outdoors I’d be concerned about your plants beginning to flower and then going back into veg. We’re still down around 14 hours a day of sunlight, and if they’re used to 18/6 they’ll likely think it’s time to get down to business. If you prepared and have reduced lights-on hours to something close to sunlight hours you should be good, if not, I’d probably try to hold out a few more weeks (6/1 would be ideal but by the third week of May you’re probably close enough).

7 Likes

southern tier as well howdy neighbor

5 Likes

Could you put your plants you intend to move outside on a 14 hour cycle from the get go to avoid that? (for next time)

Southern tier as well

2 Likes

That’s basically what people do if they want to put plants out before June… start them on a normal cycle, veg for a little while and slowly drop the number of lights-on hours till they’re pretty close to 14 (I don’t think it needs to be exact, you just don’t want the abrupt change from 18 to ~14).

1 Like

Then I’m in good shape. I opted for the 14 hour cycle out of the gate, so some dumb luck there.

1 Like

So it’s 100% g2g for growing outdoors now in ny???

You gotta be careful, we can get frosts n snow right up till late may if the jet stream swings the wrong way. I would not plant in the ground yet, unless you have something to cover up with if you see a frosty night on the horizon.

5 Likes

Good to see a few people from the Southern Tier here. I’m also a “Southern Tierer”, lol.

5 Likes

So are we g2g in ny now?

1 Like

I don’t live in NYS so take this with a grain of salt, but I believe the answer is no, not yet. This is from the state:

Home Cultivation

New Yorkers 21 years and older can grow up to six plants in their home for personal use (3 mature plants and 3 immature plants) and a maximum of twelve plants per household (6 mature plants and 6 immature plants), even if there are three or more adults over the age of 21 in the residence.

Please be aware the home cultivation of cannabis plants is not allowed immediately. Pursuant to the MRTA, the home cultivation of cannabis plants may only be permitted after the Office of Cannabis Management issues regulations governing home cultivation of cannabis, which must be no later than 18 months after the first adult-use retail sale.

Cannabis plants must be kept in a secure place and not accessible to any person under 21.

Home cultivated cannabis cannot be sold to anyone and is only intended for personal use.

Please note, it is illegal to make cannabis hash oil or concentrates using substances like butane, propane, or alcohol with home grown cannabis.

Local municipalities may enact and enforce regulations relating to home cultivation of cannabis provided, no municipality may completely ban or prohibit home cultivation.
1 Like

Giving them 24 hours of darkness before going outside will also be good.
Its also a good idea when going from veg to flower cycle indoors as well.

Thx, pretty sure he meant “we g2g” as in good to go put our plants outside for the season.
Not are we 100% legal to grow outside.

But one FYI is that it will be legal fairly soon for homegrow for medical patients but non-medical prob wont happen till late 2023/early 2024