Upstate new York grows

Yeah, you may be right, somehow the second time the question was asked I thought maybe it was a legality question not a time question.

Very true. Decriminalized, and legal in NYS, but not without lots of rules. You don’t want to be growing it in your front yard for all the neighbors to see, nor do you want to be growing acres of plants either, but, we don’t have state police flying overhead with specialized camera’s looking to bust you for a few plants any more. Its also different that you can drive down the street, buy seeds or clones at your local hydroponics store, and nobody bats an eye. Safe to say, as long as your responsible and not causing trouble with it - as with anything, you should be fine.

4 Likes

What he said above :point_up_2:.

Thank you ALL for the wonderful welcome and heartfelt advice! So many options, but I do have the greenhouse up and all I’m worked about is lighting for this time of year. I think I’m going to put a few LEDs in there to keep em in veg for maybe a few more weeks. I forgot to say, I am a medical patient and a card holder so I’m good to go for me. As far as the rec market/home grows, they are already selling rec cannabis here in New York through All Indian reservation dispensaries! And you can get “gifted” cannabis all over new York and PA.! I am seriously not worried, almost all of my plants are high CBD except for 6 of them which in my medical explanation, says I can grow 12, 6 mature and 6 immature plants as long as they are sealed away from anyone under 21 and I’m sure at 53 years old and all my neighbors in their 40’ 50’s and 60’s. Why be even remotely afraid of growing? At least here, I believe if you had too many they would just have you pull the overage. It will be soon new York weedies, I’m connected to the OCM in Albany, and they are working on stop to get the rec situ down so we can ALL enjoy the benefits of cannabis! Stay strong southern tier, because at the cost that vireo is selling their flower and concentrate I’ve got to start growing my own! I smoke a lot of weed! On average at least a 1/2 lb or more a month, so with that I have to have a continual grow to keep me supplied with medicine! THANX for the advice guys/gals, one more thing I forgot to say is I have been growing EVERYTHING under 24 hour lighting indoors, so I think for sure 24 or more hours of darkness B4 putting the in the greenhouse right?!

3 Likes

Sorry I don’t smoke a half a pound, more like a quarter of a pound a month​:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I don’t think so. Medical card holders can grow but the rest of the state wait’s till September as far as I know.

The great state of NY.well their Marijuana website is non-funtional…worked last year when it was new…but they “fixed it” lol…

Hi there Willie, yes card holders can grow 12 6 immature and 6 mature plants as far as the law goes, Hemp is FEDERALLY LEGAL ACROSS THE BOARD, so if you want to grow high CBD, low THC hemp you can plant a whole backyard if ya wanna buy weed plants containing THC are limited, personally I never really gave much thought to “hiding” my grow, This Sacred plant has saved my life from cancer to Lyme disease back to cancer, I would give 2 shites for the law, but I am much more mindful now and staying within my parameters.

4 Likes

Link to astrological times (sunset/sunrise, total daylight). Link is set to DC (near me) but you can enter your info for location specific I fo

4 Likes

I believe technically the law in ny says no recreational growing until a year and a half after rec. dispensary opens. The ocm is putting the dispensary opening at the end of this year.

1 Like

What did u make to help your cancer and Lyme disease?

1 Like

Wait… your stores got clones?

1 Like

yes. seeds and clones.

That’s amazing! What do they have may I ask?

Even with a med card its still illegal to grow 1 plant let alone 6 or 12. Just to correct for readers.

1 Like

The law states that they can’t drag their feet for more than 18 months after the first recreational sale.

@Bizzaro
What area of the state are those stores if you don’t mind me asking

i don’t know the strains, but they sell Barneys seeds exclusively. I’m guessing a handful of those.

Thank you. I didn’t particularly care for my Barney farm experience

A little too early for me, I put a venomberry out too early last year and it started flowering. It looked like a mutant at the end of the season, and didn’t get as heavy like I thought it should.

3 Likes

What do you mean can’t drag their feet. You can grow 18 mos after the first dispensary opens

No. They have 18 months to come up with the rules for non-medical homegrow after the 1st rec sale which will probably happen around January 2023.

So it could be 4 weeks after the 1st sale, 3 months, etc. It just cant go beyond the 18 month time limit. But it doesn’t automatically happen at the last day of 18 months.

Which is why everyone should just get a med card. they’re open to any ailment now so insomnia/anxiety/whatever. You can just go online and do a 30 second telehealth video and get your card same day for 149$

1 Like