Thereā€™s also this thread:

Iā€™m not sure if it helps much. :blush:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Right back at ya man. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

1 Like

Sorry to the op for this being long, it is my true life experience, and it profoundly changed my way of thinking about cannabis.
About 10 years ago, I was at a get together at my son in laws. A childhood friend of his met and married a lady, that had a couple of kids.
Her son, at the time was about 13-14 years old. He had a very hard life, up to that point, starting at birth.
I do not know all of his issues, at that point, but mom was told at birth, 2-3 months and he would be taken by one of them, most likely seizures would be it.
As time passed the 2-3 months and turned into 9-10 years later, when his doctor told her, we have had a great run, but we have exhausted every medicine and his body has built up tolerances to them, and that is why he starting to seize more often.
We can not increase the dose, as it will become toxic. We just do not know where to go from here.
He stayed on the meds, but his quality of life was slipping away day by day.
Mom, is not into cannabis at all. Believed that MMJ was a just a side play to smoke weed all day.
On the day of this get together at son in laws, I over hear this conversation about the son. Since I just happened to be by the lady, I asked her what did the doc say about MMJ, and the possible relief it may provide.
I knew, I stepped into a landmine as she got wild eyed. Like I need him to be a stoner as well! She was shrill and on the verge of losing control. I said please just read up some.
We she hated me for that simple comment.
I started to scour the internet for information, cannabis and epilepsy.
So a few months go by, one day there is a knock on my door, and itā€™s the mom!! She is openly weeping. She is broken. She is exhausted, and has lost all hopeā€¦she did however do some reading, and talked to the doctor about MMJ.
She had one demand, she did not want her son to focused on getting high, but finding relief.
I told her if this is my son, here is what Iā€™d do. Let us just start with a simple butter extraction, and make brownies.
I do not know where exactly to start, but 7 grams of weed into a pan of brownies.
She went a step farther, by using a ruler she measured the pan out so the kid would a chunk a day for the month.
She started to give him a chunk per day.
At this time he was seizing 10-20 times a day. No sleep for him to painful. He would pace in his room for hours. Light would be very painful to him. He was unhappy, quick to anger, never spoke much, never sat down to dinner with the family.
Mom told me, she would love to see him smile once in his life, before the end came.
About day 3 she called me, he only seized 5-10 times the day before. So, I made another batch of butter, 10 grams per 2 sticks of butter, but I used a better quality cannabis, as I was building a belief that some THC is needed to help the CBDā€™s work their magic.
Week 3, I gave her the new butter, she made brownies, measured them out per dose. She gave me what was left of batch one.
3 days later, she called again. Her voice had some hope in it and she was excited, the son was down to 3-5 seizures, and they were way less in potency for him. She said he was not pacing at night either. His doctor appointment was in a few days, she was worried about telling him. OF COURSE TELL HIM!!!
The doctor was blown away!! He told her, the son was his first case of seeing MMJ working, and far better than he was lead to believe in medical school.
After a month, we found 11 grams per 2 sticks of butter, no seizures, no sleep loss, appetite great, positive personal gains, he went to a sleep over at a friends house, first ever.
He went and found a job where they hire handicap folks. He even traveled out to Washington state to visit his biological father. Heā€™s healthy happy, and building a world for himself.
The lady apologized for hating on me, as Iā€™m a simple stoner. I do not have any medical conditions to use MMJ, well it helped me to control my alcohol addiction, I suffered with as a younger man.
I know simply due to it working for him, does not make for success for everyone.
Best of luck!!

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing that man. Made me teary eyed. Thatā€™s awesome that you did this for that kid. Cannabis helped me with my fight with alcohol as well. Iā€™ve been helping my sis n law out for about 9 months now. She has epilepsy and her seizures are down to none since starting to use cannabis. The biggest problem I see is that the commercial market only cares about high thc numbers. Its damn near impossible to find good medicine at a dispensary here in Oklahoma. I dunno if itā€™s this way everywhere but it sucks ass. Luckily I know how to grow good smoke so I can fend for me and mine but there are a shit ton of people out there that need the right medication and cant get it because of a trend.

7 Likes

Have a friend in Washington that Iā€™m helping out along with @Sebring we started with simple 20:1 tincture of CBD:THC has help immensely not to the point of seizure free but has taken it from 30+ seizures a month down to a few a week in which they have probably dropped off by 60-70%.

4 Likes

Man that soooo cool. Itā€™s such a good feeling to help heal with a plant Iā€™ve grown. I was just messaging @Sebring and thanking him for his work. If not for him I wouldnā€™t be talking to you now. He seems like a real good dude and Iā€™m super stoked to see and meet people lime him and yourself on here. Doin the lordā€™s work.

5 Likes

@JBow918 hay bro I have a pack of mental health sinister seeds I believe itā€™s a AC/DC cut if you want then there yours just pm me
I know that the combo of cbd and thc helps a lot of things
Best wishes
Paps

7 Likes

@Papalag thank you soooo much! Everyone Iā€™ve talked to on here has been more than generous. What a community!!!

4 Likes

I can vouch for the ACDCā€¦thatā€™s the ticket!!! Cross that with Canna,Tsuā€¦wala!! All, do be safe/well.

4 Likes

Thanks @misterbee. @Guitarzan sent me some AC/DC x Blueberry. Iā€™m stoked to grow that one too.

5 Likes

I would also suggest to look at what NAW has in stock. Nerds At Work, really has some great worked strains for the MMJ community.
Their G-39 has worked like a miracle for a lady with MSā€¦and still is 5-7 years later now.
They can give you much better info than I can.
Like I said before, what worked in my realm may not for you. I do not understand that, but with the couple of epilepsy drops I made, once I found a reduction of seizures, I then increased THC value, very small increments until we hit that sweet spot, where workable, without a stoner buzz.
I never sought any one out, I do not have near enough experience. But Iā€™m always ready to help, if I can.

3 Likes

Heck yeah Iā€™ll check em out. Thanks very much for the heads up.

:clap:

I was just wondering how that was going :thinking: :+1:

Nice job, weed, niceā€¦ :herb:

:evergreen_tree: :smiley:

5 Likes

Oh yeah G39 that really works well
@webeblzr bro I donā€™t think itā€™s in the shop anymore
I wish it was it really gave me a feeling of calm and relaxed

2 Likes

Hey Ya papalag, yeah Iā€™ve not been over there in a long while to be honest. Our state since I was helping those few folks and a dog, has cobbled together a really crappy MMJ system, but I now tell folks to go speak to them about MMJ.

3 Likes