Vernal's Basement Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

It’s badass you mentioned that, like they root faster than anything I’ve ever seen. And they just sit there looking healthy the entire time like nothing happened, and just sorta start growing after 9-10 days lol. And the vigor was off the charts, even in the F2. Super strong solid healthy stems, good amount of stretch, structurally perfect plants really. Should make a beautiful partner to the SSC.

10 Likes

The f2s your running look very similar to the f1s i ran. Cherry queen was the first pack of seeds i ever popped that looked and grew like i expected based on reviews and descriptions. And, like you stated mt colas were the size of 24oz beer cans and rock hard. I had 2 large honnywell fans and a huge exhaust fan and filter on my tent. Low humidity and still had to cut a few tops due to bud rot. It is a good day time smoke like lefty said. Doesnt knock me out. Its a nice balanced high i was not expecting for something so afghani.

10 Likes

Glad to hear we’re having a similar experience. I’m super jazzed on it. It’s exactly like the old catalog pictures haha. Everything you could want in an Afghani, really. I could crush 2/light if I packed the tent with just these lol shit is bananas.

8 Likes

Cherry Queen “G” harvested at 60 days. Started fading, zero white hairs on the plant, not drinking hardly anything. Smell is hashy and dank but has become a bit muted in last couple weeks, but we’ll see when it hits jars. Every bit as frosty as modern stuff.

I put a clone plant of this by itself in the mini-tent under it’s own 315, so it’ll be cool to see how the clone does compared to the seed plant. The plant is much larger than the seed plant was when I flowered it, so hopefully it should take up the space. It’s also topped and trained, so maybe I can avoid the single cola bizness. I also harvested plant “J”, could have used a couple more days for the lowers but I was kinda worrying about mold. Plant “I” will rock for maybe another 5 days but it’s under a different light in the main tent.

Courtesy of ol’ @lefthandseeds

22 Likes

You should be saying a coat is required a brother could freeze to death with

all that frost :slight_smile:

super nice plant

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

5 Likes

It’s frostier than just about anything I’ve grown, including modern stuff. Beautiful lime green kushy nugs with peach hairs. This is 100% a hashplant. I’d almost like to self it, see if there’s any OG or chemdog type plants in there. I mean, they’re all just afghan bagseeds anyway haha. I haven’t seen anyone else with CQ that looks like this particular one, just got lucky I 'spose.

Can’t wait until it’s dry, gonna keep the good nugs and run everything else into beautiful black afghani hash. I’m kinda over fresh frozen anyway.

14 Likes

Please post when you make the hash. Would love to follow along on the process!!

3 Likes

I’m falling in love with cherry queen as much as you are. Looks tasty.

2 Likes

I’ll send you my F1 stock to hunt a male, as long as you send me back some seeds. Don’t mind giving it away as long as I can still grow it later.

13 Likes

I’d love to take you up on that kind offer but I’m preoccupied with the SSC thing currently. There will be Cherry Queen x Super Silver Cough though! I’d be inclined to send cuttings of the ones I found if you’d like them for dusting purposes.

11 Likes

If I wasn’t full up on Purple NL2’s I’d totally take the cuttings and the F1’s and make F2’s for everyone. I apparently waited too long to purchase those so they’re gone now :cry:

I have some Cherry Unicorns and some Mandana’s I plan on running before too long though.

Definitely kicking myself on the CQ’s, yours turned out fantastic! I knew better too :joy:

5 Likes

Super Silver Cough F2 #9 at 52 days

Keeping it lol. Smells like warm spicy haze and headshop. This one will probably run 12 weeks. #13 (the other favorite) will probably be done at 10 weeks. #13 is faster, but looks like a smaller yielder and slightly weaker stems. Smell and morphology is similar between the two, but this one tends to form larger fuller neckbones and the other is more little golfballs all over the place.

20 Likes

Very nice. How’s it compare to those SSH cuts you had?

4 Likes

Somewhere between the Bandaid Haze and the SSH. More similar than different. SSH had a kind of rotten garbage/funky cereal hazey thing going on. Bandaid Haze was more of a soapy musty incensey haze. This is a more pleasant perfume, structurally similar though.

I actually like this better than either so far. BAH line was great but you kind of had to sift through it, the non-keepers were pretty “meh” and a lot of the longer flowering plants get this oniony body odor funk I really don’t much care for. Poor yielders, as well, but the winners were pretty spectacular headstash.

I can send cuts when it warms up. Don’t worry, these are all from seed no virus contamination haha since I don’t have any outside cuts in the garden anymore.

10 Likes

@vernal those plants look awesome as usual. I am looking forward to a smoke report on those, too.

2 Likes

Happy to, but my smoke reports are trash lol. I don’t notice a qualitiative difference between “highs”, just mellow/medium/high potency. I mostly get into smells and taste. I also mostly smoke hash, which is almost never single source, just toss in whatever I got on-hand to wash.

6 Likes

Cherry Queen F2 “I” all dried out (humidity was a bit lower than anticipated usually I like to dry for at least 10 days). Just needs a week to cure up. Even still, aroma is pretty rank, smells like dank curry-spiced hippie sandal. Probably my favorite scent of the 3. Big, solid afghani pinecone buds. Everything you could want in a broadleaf.

Stay tuned for post trim shots on the other 2.

25 Likes

Cherry Queen “G” post-dry shots. Should have moved them into paper bags a few days earlier but they still smell nice, no hay or nothing.

Fuuuuck @lefthandseeds I wasn’t anticipating the dankness haha.

Looser buds than the other 2 but still probably the best yielder, plus immense amounts of sugar trim to be processed into hash. Hopefully the clone plant I just put into flower will be even better, since it’s actually topped and trained and properly trimmed prior/during flip. With the seed plant I sorta just let it rip, didn’t even prune the lowers as well as I normally do. Smells like dank acrylic paint, pine, citrus, earth. Probably also the fastest plant of the 3, it was noticeably done several days before they were and the clone should be even quicker, could probably pull at 8 weeks flat.

24 Likes

Super Silver Cough F2 at 62 days. Middle one is going to get harvested at 70. It’s starting to rapidly fade. Bottom one and top will likely go to 84. Intensely pungent sweet haze.

27 Likes

Beautiful Vernal

6 Likes