Vernal's Basement Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Two different Super Silver Cough F2 at 4 weeks, #9 and #20:

The shorter ones seem to have more budsites, a bit less frosty, leafier, with a lemon-lime twang.

Taller ones are frostier, very little leaf, with more of a ruby-red grapefruit spicy haze smell. #13 is still my favorite but it’s in the back of the space and harder to pull out.

6-8 weeks to go.

I have 2 more confirmed females in veg, and 9 more sprouts. From those 9, I’d like 2-3 additional females, 5 total SSC females for next run. Might keep another male too.

15 Likes

Hey @vernal

So you’ve ran the Xmas bud?

Was it a heavy indica stone or just a relaxing downer?

1 Like

I don’t notice much of a difference in effect from plant to plant. It’s either mild, medium, or strong.

Christmas Bud as a pure line is very mellow/mild. Breeding stock, rather than something you’d wanna smoke by itself. Incredibly short and dense/leafy plants, very little vigor in the pure line. 9 or so weeks flower.

It will dramatically shorten anything; very dominant in crosses. I’ve ran a few Deathstar x Christmas Bud and Christmas Bud x Bandaid Haze and it all comes out looking more or less like a beefed up Christmas Bud.

9 Likes

:man_facepalming: I don’t know why I’m looking for more indicas when I have the ultimate one’s (HP, NL#1) to create the ultimate (HPXNL#1)… but that Cherry queen :star_struck:

4 Likes

It’s probably better suited to extreme narrowleafs, since it tends to be so dominant. I’m not sure even Christmas Bud can turn a long flowering pure equatorial into a squat little Afghani plant.

Oh yeah, Cherry Queen is the business for sure. Textbook vintage Afghani with everything going for it; she would pair nicely with just about anything. One of the girls will definitely be pollinated by a SSC male.

9 Likes

!

Cherry Queen F2 “G” from out very own @lefthandseeds at 42 days. This is my favorite of the 3 so far. Interesting fruity-skunky-dank scents, plenty of frost, stretchy, big ass buds with pretty peach hairs.

This is plant “J” also at 42 days. Squattest and leafiest of the bunch. Strong but less interesting earthy-skunky-kushy scent. Not keeping this one, plant “I” (not pictured) is quite similar morphologically but slightly better overall, less leafy, more trichomes, more defined buds, even stronger smell.

Picture perfect vintage Afghani plants. Really doesn’t get better. I may have a hard time choosing between plants “I” and “G”. Might keep both.

20 Likes

set it out on the curb, I will be by to pick it up in a few

5 Likes

G is a winner winner chicken dinner - @lefthandseeds sure knows what he is doing, and you have a knack for growing them as well. Great job!

2 Likes

It’d last about 5 seconds in my neighborhood. Every time I set out free furniture by the curb it’s gone in 15 minutes.

I’ll probably wash that plant, I bet I can score an ounce of bubble off her haha.

9 Likes

Cherry Queen “I” at 47 days. 2 weeks to go. As of now the smelliest of the 3. Just smells dank; a little of everything. Sweet, sour, pungent, skunky, piney. Giant light green ghani pinecone buds, rusty red hairs, frosty as hell.

Super Silver Cough F2 #13 at 5 weeks. Highly aromatic, warm spicy grapefruit haze. Frostiest of the 4 and the fastest and most trichomes. Almost identical to her sister, #9.

Super Silver Cough F2 #9 also at 5 weeks. Might actually smell hazier and stronger than her sister. Slightly slower flowering, a few less trichomes, a bit smaller buds. Both really stretch and sprawl out. Probably 6 weeks to go, maybe even 7.

18 Likes

!

Lefty’s Cherry Queen at 51. 2 weeks to go. Totally ridiculous. Absolutely cannot say enough good things. This thing is gonna dump hash, and the buds are still enormous. Fuckin’ reeks of non-descript dank. A little skunky, a little sweet, stings the nostrils a bit. Not really acrid or unpleasant in any way. Her sister, the non-keeper super chunk, does have a kushy solvent skunk thing going on, though.

26 Likes

Brrrr!!! you are giving me Frost Bite :slight_smile:

beautiful flowers thanks for a peek

make beans and share them

Dequilo

4 Likes

I’d love to but I killed the males, Lefty is out of the F2, and though Bodhi has more of the F1 in stock, I also promised myself no more buying seeds. On the other hand, if someone happened to have any spare Cherry Queen beans kicking around…

On the bright side, this girl will meet my Super Silver Cough male or possibly Super Silver Skunk male…unsure. If I jar it up and it still knocks my socks off, reversing it isn’t out of the question, either.

11 Likes

Cherry queen? More like beauty queen! Props on the grow, she looks amazing.

11 Likes

And here you were being all modest and humble about your seeds! This shit is killer.

Hate to do it, but as a non-paying customer I’m going to have to formally demand you remake these.

11 Likes

Haha, well I do have a stash of some F1 seeds still. Maybe next time I’ll make a lot more and not be a idiot about packing them correctly…

Well at least I’ll get the making more part right. :joy:

17 Likes

Veg happenings:

6 x SSC F2 “hazier” seedlings about 6" tall. Germed 9, killed 3. Total of 50 SSC F2 seeds have been soaked as of now. 20 left, and I intend to germ them next round. Now that I know what the good plants more or less look like culling is even easier. Red stems/petioles, tall, lanky, bluish-green leaves.

2 x Mango Nigerian Cough F2 are confirmed ladies. Cuts taken and plants topped. Will transfer to their own 5 gallon hempies within 2 weeks.

These MNC females will be in the next main flower round along with 2 x SSC F2 ladies from the “middle” germination round. 4 plants total, they really sprawl out and I’m assuming the MNC F2 is the same. On the MNC F2, I picked the plants that appeared most like the “Fort Collins” plants. Soaked 10, 6 germinated, killed 2 males, a runt, and an obviously-too-damn-hazey girl that looked like “a problem” haha.

Killed duplicate clones now that everything is sufficiently big enough to free up space. Always take 2 cuts, it’s just good policy. If one doesn’t make it, you got the backup. It’s not enough to just get roots, keep the backup until the plant is really growing; once in a while a rooted clone can die on you from a stem disease.

Next round in the mini-tent is going to be Cherry Queen “G” clone in her own hempy bucket under her own 315 CMH. The tendency to form a single cola won’t be as dramatic, so I think I can keep a nice flat even 2x3 canopy. She’s going to be twice as big this time. That’ll be coming up in 10-13 days.

Veg tent is getting crowded again, but that’s alright. I’m always killing or trimming something back.

13 Likes

Cherry Queen “I”

58 days in, harvest in less than a week. Still a few odd white hairs here and there but it’s starting to look close. Due to the bud density, I wouldn’t want to run it more than 9 weeks. Even with how dry it’s been in the winter, this thing is a hedge. Definitely keeping it for another run to see how the clone does. Clone looks radically different from the seed plant. Wide nodes, kinda stretchy but with thick strong stems, a less leafy and skinnier leaves.

I did notice a couple late flower bananas beginning to form on my favorite plant, plant “G”, but that’s kind of a given with these old lines. Simply comes with the territory. I’ll reserve judgment until I run the clone. Plant “I” doesn’t seem to have any. I think plant “I” might smell better than plant “G” but we’ll see after it’s dry and jarred for a week.

17 Likes

Super Silver Cough F2#13 at 47 days.

Probably run it to 70-77 days from the looks of it. Still loud sweet spicy haze. Still the favorite, but #9 is very similar, bigger yielding but will definitely need another week.

17 Likes

The cherry queen f1s i ran were the most vigorous plant i have ever grown. Cuts root super quick. The pheno i ended up keeping has a very strong fruit punchy/bubblegummy cherry smell and the flavor actually has some sour cherry to it. Check out this stock on this bonsai mom that is only a few months old from clone.

I think i still have 7 f1s in my stash.

15 Likes