Weapon of choice ( no actual weapons. pipes, vapes, bongs, pinch hitters, etc lol.)

That’s cool joker reminds me of the wood dugout I used to carry. I had forgot about it.

2 Likes

I like the classic.

1 Like

Actually, the Fair calmed down after we (i.e., the Fair) bought the property in 1980. That year lots of things changed drastically, but not because of neighbor’s complaints. It’s true that the neighbors never liked the Fair. For weeks before the event the area is abuzz like it never is for the rest of the year.

I don’t know why, but the drum tower is no longer. I know the neighbors hated it in particular as I talked to many of them about it plenty of times. It used to be active until morning.

As far as I know, there were never actual legal threats to close the Fair, nor did I personally ever hear of fair-goers camping on lawns, although again, the neighbors didn’t/don’t like the Fair. FWIW, all of the homes that abut the property now belong to the Fair.

My association with the OCF began in 1978 as a booth person’s “other,” then from 1980 until 1995, I ran a security crew. My son is now crew leader of my old crew.

3 Likes