WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

Yah but the layout is nuts right. Just imagine the strange trails the vertical tubes would have to follow in my bloom room. It would have to go down then up and then down then up, unless you are using a tunnel grow, that wouldn’t be so tough. I think the tunnels were called omni grow.

2 Likes

I’ve seen it called different things. Stadium growing and many others…Jayden something or other, too. I don’t recall exactly. But, yeah…tunnel growing was another.

I’m generally going by the Prawn Connery style of vertical growing - from memory, so it’s a little muddied! winky

We’ll see how nuts it is, as I’ll be taking these through Flower with this set up. winky I have even pondered cutting an opening in the ceiling panel for the MH bulb (fixture) to recess in to and giving me a few more inches of vertical height. But, I think the intent was always to keep the bulb within the top to middle range of the plant.

Dang, just running the thought of re-configuring the space up there…I’m not sure I have enough room in between the knee-wall and the attic ladder I recently put in! ROFLMAO

I’m about ready to get up there to start the task with Lights On and I don’t know right now if the space will allow for it! ROFLMAO

WHAB

1 Like

I am a very horrible speller. I get letters mixed around. Mild dyslexia probably.

3 Likes

No, my friend…it’s my bad. I misspelled it.

BUT, when “I” saw you mention Kratky “I” thought you had misspelled Krusty! ROFLMAO I didn’t, at that time, know there was a thing called Kratky! ROFLMAO. It wasn’t until much later that I realized what I had done in misidentifying what you accurately identified! ROFLMAO

All the very best,@LilJonB! tup

WHAB

2 Likes

No problem at all. I tried to go back and check. It was a ways up there. I couldn’t find it.
It is funny you say it because every time I brought up that style everyone would bring up that member. He must have been in-between the times I was here.

1 Like

Krusty - goes by many names - Freedom Bucket System is one of them, right here on OG 2.0!

tup,
WHAB

1 Like

The liked his bubbles! He said let it froth! Makes sense tho. Any one using this method right now?

1 Like

Modified versions of it, I’ve read. Except for Krusty’s use of dripper feed lines it’s very similar to DWC.

WHAB

1 Like

I started reading a book on hydroponics today. It was the first time I have heard of the drip being applied to DWC. Found it interesting.
I also read that you get higher yields from Ebb & Flow over DWC. So I will take the L on that. @ReikoX I apologize.

1 Like

In my opinion, there are too many variables that decide outcome regardless what method is used to get there. Just my opinion.

It’s a Pyrrhic argument to be had! winky

volcano,
WHAB

3 Likes

We must of been separated at birth :rofl: And my mind goes faster than fingers :crazy_face: :seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

I am not a horrible speller BUT, I do it on the regular!

winky,
WHAB

3 Likes

Someone decided to change MY plans! ROFLMAO

The new Ebb&Flow Controller Bucket was due in tonight. I was expecting it tonight. It’s not coming tonight!

I’ve completed the Cloning Machine II (except, somehow, I’m still 1 stainless steel nut and 1 stainless steel lock washer short of complete facepalm ROFLMAO)

I’ve started on the long (tall) East wall. I can only build 1/2 of it as the air conditioner and existing controller bucket are in the way and I can’t move those until I’m ready to take the P&S (Poly Shield) down. First I have to get up there and trim the original 1924 tongue & groove floor boards off at the edge of the loft floor. They were all hanging long over the edge - for some reason! confused2

I did buy 2 2x6x8 boards for the Truss Supporting Header on the East wall in anticipation that ‘I might’ soon be able to afford the lumber I’ll need to build the Attic out as was my original plan. 14+ each facepalm.

I did determine that I can’t rotate the grow space 90 degrees as I potentially envisioned. The attic ladder I installed prevents it. I know I can regain 8sf and potentially 16sf where it is located now.

I also bought everything I need for the Oxygen System - Air Pump, 6 Airstones and 3/16ths ID air line (black).

The first 2 - the Air Pump and Airstones - arrive Monday (so I’m told! ROFLMAO). I will be away, I have a Stress Test scheduled.

The latest the air line is supposed to arrive is the 14th, with the window being May 12 - May 14.

I’m not entirely sure how I am going to approach bringing algae’d plants into a new, clean system BUT I see a UVC light in my future! biggrin

I’m going to H020 flush them again when I make the move but I’m just ‘hoping’ that will kill it off.

I also bought some bleach today - AROCEP Ultra Bleach - whatever that is! ROFLMAO) I’ll use it to scrub the Reservoir out.

I ‘might’ consider sending some of this bleach through the system with the H020 flush. I have read it is possible.

I took some pictures the day before yesterday but I received a guest and after they left I forgot to post the pictures! ROFLMAO. I didn’t take any today.

Lastly, I topped off the reservoir last night with 10 gallons of pH’d water and Mega Crop Parts A&B at Late Veg recipe. pH was 5.7 and E.C. was 1.6 (900ppms on 500 scale).

I hoping you’re all making it a great night! tup

WHAB

3 Likes

We have failure to launch! facepalm

Well, this sucks on ice!

I received the GoHydro (Ebiz-Global) Ebb&Flow yesterday.

I got it assembled yesterday. I programmed it (12 12 minute Fill/Drain cycles (5 minutes to fill and equalize and 7 minutes to feed the plants) every 2 hours) last night.

I ran a test setup and their seems to be a problem with the Fill electrical receptacle.

I checked everything again. I don’t see anything wrong. I tested the pump I had in the Fill position and the pump works.

I manually filled the controller and it did Drain on schedule as it should have.

I swapped the pumps out just to make sure I tried everything I could - that didn’t change the situation.

Every time the Fill pump was supposed to come on the Air indicator light was lit as scheduled even though there wasn’t anything plugged into that receptacle. On a subsequent test I plugged the Fill pump into the Air receptacle and it worked.

I just plugged in a electric outlet tester (I don’t have a volt meter) and will have to wait for the next cycle to see if it lights up. I suspect it will not.

I’m tempted to take the back off of the brain and see IF someone failed to make the connections to that receptacle. But, I don’t want to void any warranty.

I did contact the seller Ebiz-Global earlier today.

I had every intention of running 3/4 inch Fill & Drain lines in the controller. I even bought a pair of 3/4 inch Barbed Garden Hose Fittings in anticipation of doing that. The 2 pumps that came with the system came with additional nipples. They came with 3/4 inch nipples. The system came with a sort of Fill/Drain manifold that is sized for 1/2 inch hose. I don’t see how I can up-size the Fill/Drain portion of the system in the controller to 3/4 inch since it has this what would be a 1/2 inch restriction point.

Any suggestions I haven’t tried are welcomed!

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mothers out there! :rose:

Make it a great day! tup

smoke,
WHAB

2 Likes

Eh, just send it back. It should work right out of the box. Good on you for trying to resolve the issue, but just get a replacement. Of course, I’m assuming you bought it via Amazon or another seller who will give you free return shipping. If not, you may want to see if there are any other ways to fix it - stopping short of opening anything up that will (potentially) void your warranty. You’ve waited this long to get it, so you know you can survive without it. But you deserve to have one that works 100% correctly out of the box.

2 Likes

Hello there @Purple-N-Hairy! wavy

I agree, it should definitely work right out of the box. Especially for that money! No buyer should be presented with any problems upon receipt of a new product.

I did buy it on Amazon. I considered hitting the “Problem With Order” button but I didn’t want to get locked into an action that might represent ie Send it back and wait for another one…etc. That’s why I emailed them directly first in hopes of them helping me troubleshoot it before having to send it back…

I couldn’t resist. I took the back off.

Just as I suspected, someone failed to make the connection to that outlet! facepalm

Incredible!

Now I have to wait for the next scheduled Fill/Drain cycle to ensure it works (I’m sure it will - NOW! facepalm).

Then I need to catch up on the upgrade. I still haven’t finished that tall wall.

Thanks for the input, @Purple-N-Hairy … It is greatly appreciated! tup

WHAB

2 Likes

Oh, great! Yes, shoddy manufacturing / QC, but let’s hope it’s fixed and that was the only issue you’ll ever have with it. I’d “like” your reply, but I’m all of them until tomorrow!

3 Likes

Yes, incredibly lacking in proficient manufacturing and QC!

Yes, let’s “hope”! winky … although, I’m already convinced it will! biggrin

Speaking of “Likes” - maybe you can help me understand how one aspect of it works?

When I get to the end of my likes for any given day a pop-up window tells me I’m out of likes and I have to wait X amount of time to give out more likes BUT it shows on the page that it did like that post - it registers as a like and the heart changes color to red. Is that like counting as a like or is it not counting it?

Thank you, @Purple-N-Hairy! tup

48 ,
WHAB

3 Likes

Even when you’re out of likes, you can click the heart and it will turn red and register a like, but behind the scenes, the robots are reviewing the numbers and see that you’re actually OUT of likes. So while you’re not looking, say - perhaps - you’ve returned to the main OG page, the robots delete your previous like as if it never happened. When you go back to the post that you liked, you’ll see that there’s no evidence that you ever liked it - even though you KNOW you did. It’s a quirk - or a feature - depending on your perspective.

4 Likes

Thank you for that,@Purple-N-Hairy!

I suspected they were ghost likes. I just wasn’t sure.

SO, EVERYONE I “Liked” but didn’t REALLY Like - my apologies! frown biggrin There’s been 100s of them and I can’t go back and re-like them frown

Thanks, again,@Purple-N-Hairy! tup

Regards,
WHAB

4 Likes