WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

Thank you so very much,@G-paS! tup

WHAB

I’m still messy with the conditioned temps. Before I did a basic maintenance clean up on the A/C unit the temps were considerably higher. Since I did the cleanup it’s been running a lot colder. I bumped the setting on the A/C unit 11 degrees. I may have to bump it up a bit more. I’d prefer a temp of around 78F during lights on.

The A/C unit keeping it cooler up there than expected has me considering putting both the controller and the reservoir in there with them, something I would not have considered under different situations. That is a potentiality I am considering in the new layout. I know I didn’t want the reservoir up on the loft - I think it is going to be the best way for me to keep the res temps in check. The res is getting into the low 70’s now and that has me concerned.

What I need to figure out in the new layout is how to get it all up there in the grow space and serviceable access to them and still keep any leaks from drenching me while I’m trying to get ‘some rest’. Oh, and to get them all plugged into electrical outlets. I haven’t had the electrician out for upgrading recently.

Thank you for the discussion,@mistergrafik! tup

beercheer,
WHAB

Hey there WHAB - You asked and shall receive!

OG journal up and runnin’ hope 2 catch you there :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Got it! Thank you very much,@mistergrafik! tup

WHAB

May i have your permission ?

It’s a NTHP op ?

Just joking …

Top flow man

You don’t need my permission to post in this thread and all my threads, all are welcomed!

Welcome to the board,@Bud_Weiser! tup

beercheer,
WHAB

1 Like

Tks man … i’m just a simple grower … First guerrilla 82 … F indoor 96 … No stop since 14 … Play Botanic … Architect … blablabla

Jah é

SLG … Sea Level Grower kkk

4 Likes

You’re most welcome,@Bud_Weiser! Tips tophat Need to find a way to resize that damn thing! ROFLMAO

Nice work there!

beercheer,
WHAB

1 Like

I really don’t know. I know that the Active Aqua dose do the trick and reasonably priced. Just not that strong as far as air pressure is concerned. @BIGJ has 3 of them going. All DWC at the moment. Can’t be too bad.
I can tell you the Vivosun pump is going to give you twice the amount of bubbles. If you go with these you can sit it on a rubber mat or hang it to keep the vibration sound down. If your not in the same room it’s really not that bad.
I don’t know if there is a proper formula to figure out how much air you need for X amount of gallons. From what people have told me it’s really not much.

1 Like

Sea level groweR? Is that an old handle of yours…

It sounds official. Could have been my neighbor

How many air pumps are you running, @LilJonB ?

My access to electricity at the moment is limited. I’m running the A/C and the reservoir and the air pump I now have going off an extension cord where the dryer is. Everything else is running off the limited outlets in the loft right now.

With the new Reservoir due in soon, there is only one dedicated outlet on it for “Air”.

With the new layout, I expect to have to keep running the extension cord for the systems mentioned above. At least until I can get the electrician back here!

Thank you, again, so very much, @LilJonB tup It is much appreciated!

WHAB

2 Likes

No problem @WhiteHotAfterburner :blush:

I’m only running one of the Active Aquas. One airstone for each bucket.

Wow I see your dilemma with the electric. I won’t touch the stuff. Lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, I leave the power stuff to the power people. I don’t have a problem working with 120V electric, it’s just I don’t do it enough to have become proficient in it. They do it every day. I do it once in a decade winky only 1/2 true but only 1/2 winky

beercheer, mate!,
WHAB

2 Likes

Depending on what ya want to spend, I will be switching once funds become available , too many house issues at the moment. Lol. For about 90$ And up you can get a Comercial pump that will run 12 buckets

2 Likes

Hello,@BIGJ! wavy A pleasure to make your acquaintance! tup

Yeah, while researching on my own I sort of settled on the VIVOSUN 1750GPH 102W 110L/min Air Pump knowing going bigger couldn’t hurt. But I didn’t want to overbuy or overspend.

I just had no idea what other growers are using, especially DWC growers, specifically.

$90 for healthy ladies is a small expense. I just have to spread my expenditures out a bit.

Thank you for adding to the discussion, @BIGJ … it is most certainly appreciated! tup

Edit Add: It wasn’t until just now - reviewing threads started by you - that I saw that yours is a thread I landed on when I was looking for information! Wonderful work there, BIGJ! tup

WHAB

3 Likes

Thank you brother, much appreciated, same pump I’m looking at. Lol. need to get some recent pics up. Ladies are a little angry with me. Been doing some stress testing on 2 strains ( 4 purple train wreck and 2 monster mass ). Pheno hunt for my buddy and he likes me to push them hard and neglect them a bit on these runs to see which bounce back, wants strongest, most resilient for breeding and crossing :+1::+1::v:

4 Likes

You’re very welcome, friend!

Happy Green Hunting! tup

rockon,
WHAB

1 Like

Wow bro! I’m jealous! Your bro hooked you the hell up! He must know you grow the funk! That school house is freaking awesome brother! The school of nuggets!

You care if I hang around? I got a lot of plants I’m juggling right now. I wanna build a greenhouse out of repurposed windows! I someone else do it and it was sweet!

3 Likes

Veg Day 37…

E.C. 1.6 (800ppm on 500 scale)

pH was 6.0 when I started. I adjusted it. It’s at 5.6. The meter dropped .1 when I took it out of the reservoir before I could get a picture of it.

Group pictures…

Raspberry Cough (Saggy Sally winky)… much less saggy today!

The Raspberry Cough that was missing from the last update, IF you can differentiate her from the other hers ROFLMAO

Blueberry (Dutch Passion)

Blueberry (Dutch Passion)

Tangerine Dream x C99

Tangerine Dream x C99

I forgot to get a profile image that girl! :facepalm: ROFLMAO winky

And, I couldn’t get a great shot of either of the potted plants in there.

I’m running out of room in there. I will probably have to move those 2 outdoors. Transplanting both of them, I ‘think’. Especially when it comes time to put the cage up.

My running out of room has me considering making the changes to the space I have in mind when I set up the new system before then.

With the cost of building supplies it is forcing me to reconsider things. When prices lower or at least level out that may change, or IF I can find it from other sources ie Craigslist…etc.

I ‘may’ even consider Vegging in the space beneath the loft where the reservoir resides now and flowering up on the loft.

This time leaving them in Veg longer because I don’t have the new buckets set up is showing me I will likely have a problem Flowering in there. There isn’t much more head space for them to grow.

However, someone correct me if I’m wrong, I ‘think’ I recall “Vertical” growers allowing their plants to hit the ceiling and even curl back down. From memory, running out of head space wasn’t a problem for “Vertical” growing…do I have that right?

WHAB

9 Likes

They actually look more perky to me. Nice and happy like. Good job WHAB!
I think your right about the vertical grow thing. A lot of the pictures I’ve seen some plants went above the light. Of course I’m sure you want as much light coverage across the plants as possible.

2 Likes