2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Pinky T’s cousin on happy Days

3 Likes
2 Likes

Well, I am a big JW fan and met him a few times, and Edgar, and I got to play several times with Uncle John Turner who was on a couple of the very early JW albums and went with JW on his first British tour. For me, there are several “periods” in the playing style of JW: early Gibson Firebird/tube amps, the LIVE rock period along with the Rick Derringer period, the Dan Erlwine Lazer guitar period, and into the solid state amp and flanger/chorus late period -everything post mid-90’s Rock Plast concert. This piece falls into the later period, but for me has resonances of the Beatles’ use of chorus/flanger from their AbbeyRoad/White Album days, perhaps unintentional but probably completely aware, then also note choices in the progression also remind me of those albums. Merely my opinion. I was going to throw up his covers of “Stranger Blues,” “Drown In My Own Tears,” and “Mother Earth,” but put what I was listening to instead, with the original by Ray Charles. I think JW along with Gary Rossington two of the most underrated, amazing musicians. Rock n’ Roll!!!

4 Likes

And he has like 46 albums out…

2 Likes

Yes, Uncle John Turner on drums!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Johnny Winter was too dark for me. Joking! Don’t @ me!

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Always start my day to this :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face::mask::chile:

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Camper Van Beethoven were my jam during my college days in the 80s…

Edit to add: They play a lot of different styles in their music. The vast majority are originals, but check out their cover of Pink Floyd’s “Interstellar Overdrive” which starts around the 27 minute mark.

3 Likes