:cowboy_hat_face::mask::chile:

5 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face::mask::chile:

5 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

I got to see Traffic on their reunion tour in '94. They opened a number of nights for the Grateful Dead that year but I also got to see a headlining performance at the Kiva Auditorium in Albuquerque. I knew it was going to be a good show because I love their albums, and they did not disappoint. My biggest takeaway from that night is: I always knew Steve Winwood was a great keyboard player and singer, but heā€™s equally amazing at playing guitar!

I love the extended live segue of Glad> Freedom Rider from the ā€œOn The Roadā€ album:

EDIT: Found my ticket stub! The show was booked for The Pit, where the University of New Mexico plays basketball, but was later moved to the Kiva Auditorium. I was thankful for the change to a more intimate venue.

6 Likes

I saw Traffic open up for the dead. It was like 93ā€™ or 94ā€™. Canā€™t remember now. Might have been some drugs involved lol. :speak_no_evil:

4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

In '93-95 I had left the Midwest and was living in New Mexico. I was broke, but still managed to see the Dead play in Illinois, Ohio, Arizona and Las Vegas. There were most definitely drugs involved!

That one time when Jerry jammed on the Close Encounters of the Third Kind themeā€¦

5 Likes

Illiniosā€¦ Did you see them at Soldiers Field or the Rosemont Horizon by chance? I was probably there lol. :smiley:

5 Likes

got out of the joint in 1982 with no money no place to live and no job :frowning:

so I went on tour :slight_smile: Onondaga County War Memorial

Syracuse, NY

first show :slight_smile: what an 18 months

5 Likes

I was just digging through my ticket stubs. My Dead-related Chicagoland shows are:

1991-06-22 Soldier Field, with Roger McGuinn from The Birds opening. I drove back to Minneapolis the 23rd, worked the 24th, then caught the band again at Sandstone Amph. outside Kansas City on the 25th!

1991-11-22 at Rosemont Horizon. This was the Jerry Garcia Band, not Grateful Dead. It was the first of a three night run of shows I hit: 11/22 in Chicago, 11/23 in Milwaukee (which has been officially released as a live album!), and 11/24 in Minneapolis.

1992-06-25 and 06-26, both at Soldier Field with Steve Miller Band opening. June 25th was the largest dose of LSD Iā€™ve ever taken. I aspire to never be that high again!

1993-03-10 and 03-11 at Rosemont Horizon. The band played there three nights, but I missed the first show on the 9th due to work. After the 11th we drove to the next shows in Ohio. There were supposed to be two nights but the ā€œBlizzard of the Centuryā€ descended on North America which canceled the first in Ohio. That storm was crazy!

The best Phil Lesh & Friends show I saw was at the Riviera, 2000-10-21. This is from a few nights beforeā€¦

This was Philā€™s finest lineup of ā€œFriendsā€ IMO. Itā€™s Phil on bass, Warren Haynes (Allman Brothers, Govt Mule, etc.) on guitar/vocal, Jimmy Herring (Aquarium Rescue Unit, Allman Brothers Band, Widespread Panic, etc.) on guitar, Rob Barraco (The Dead, Dark Star Orchestra, Chris Robinson, etc.) on keys, and John Molo (Bruce Hornsby, The Other Ones, John Fogerty) on drums.

5 Likes

Hereā€™s one of my favorite Jimmy Herring clips:

His solos just slay me. Be sure to check out the keyboard abuse at 4:20

4 Likes

warning: SHIT quality audio, but still very cool :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Sad Memories and Fond Memories this is.Sept 12 1986 they day after we buried our dad.Took my 16yr old sister and 15yr old cousin to the best Live Band of all time.Smoking joints of afghani gold seal blackhash on the street car heading to CNE stadium along with 60 000 other screaming fans.Before this outdoor concert they had always played at MapleLeafGardens which held 20 000 or MasseyHallā€¦This outdoor stadium concert was one of the loudest crowds i have ever been a part of.Angus rose up out the middle of the stage and promptly did his shuffle down one of the 1/4 mile run ways and during highway to hell he dropped down in to and ran playing through the floor crowd it was insane to see.The place went absolutely bonkers.

This was the stadium sadly their is no images of the show.the stage was set up at the bottom right corner of home plate.And the grounds and stands were pack to the hilt.

7 Likes