What are you listening to? 2020

5 Likes
2 Likes

Question mark and the myst. were from my home town area.

4 Likes
7 Likes

and if you haven’t seen this …

5 Likes
9 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

I worked for a University for a long time where I could take classes for free. I was so burnt out on school from getting my degree that I only managed to take one course: The Music Of The Beatles.

Best. Class. Ever!

In the professor’s opinion, “Norwegian Wood” is a sly reference to cannabis

He also lists August 28, 1964 as possibly the most important date in rock n roll history. That’s when Dylan met the Beatles and got them high for the first time. Article.

6 Likes
5 Likes

I love a good Beatles cover too

The EZ Star All-Stars are a reggae group known for covering entire albums by other artists (Radiohead, Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd). I really like their take on Sgt Pepper’s, where they bring in a different guest vocalist for each track:

My favorite might be When I’m 64 which starts at 30:00. It features Sugar Minott who passed away in 2010, and there’s a nice extended dub section at the end of the song.

Jake Shimabukuro is arguably the greatest living ukulele player. He rose to prominence when a video of him playing WMGGW went viral (17 million views).

He ended up joining Jimmy Buffet’s Coral Reefer Band, but still plays the occasional solo performance. I captured him playing solo in 2006 and it ended up as my most downloaded recording of all time with over 100,000 spins! Not bad for a mediocre recording. Link

3 Likes
5 Likes

Tee hee, no better way to go “FLEX” than with gold on my teeth and on my neck, LOL-

Oh, and currently working on the man bun…

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes