What are you listening to? 2020

1 Like

I love it when we get a little personal info about what the song means to you, or what lyrics hit you in the heart. I feel like I know you all a little better now and that’s great thing. This song is a favorite of my family’s. The Cat! :smile_cat: Hey, adentro!

2 Likes
2 Likes

This requires no description, it speaks loudly for itself.
However, for anyone that has not read Nabokov’s Lolita, run, do not walk, to the nearest, most available copy of that fascinatingly disturbing and entertaining book.

5 Likes
2 Likes

it certainly was! ahlers isn’t always given as much attention, so cheers to you for talking about him!

3 Likes

show Jerry at the Lunt - Fontanne

great shows

7 Likes

very jealous cuz it sounds like you were at those Broadway shows…

3 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes
3 Likes

I wish I could have seen those!

In late 1991 I caught a three night run of JGB shows in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Minneapolis. The Milwaukee show was officially released a few years ago:

I also caught the infamous half of a JGB performance in Phoenix '94 that Rock Scully describes in the opening of his book, Living With The Dead. Jerry and John Kahn were both struggling with their addictions that night. They played five songs, but you could tell things weren’t right. The set break stretched longer and longer until they eventually lined the front of the stage with security guards and announced Jerry wasn’t feeling well and the rest of the show was cancelled. It was quite a bummer! I had driven 8 hours to the show and had 10th row center seats…

7 Likes

i’m just grateful for all the warfield runs i was able to see! and how fucking psyched are we with all these betty boards?

1 Like

Was that at Summerfest in Milwaukee? Grew up about 22 miles south of Milwaukee when I was a kid.

5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Unfortunately I never made it to Milwaukee for Summerfest. I saw that JGB show there and also caught a double bill of Phil Lesh and Bob Dylan. I lived in Minnesota for many years so Wisconsin was prime territory for a road trip. I’ve been to Alpine Valley a bunch, and Madison is a really fun town.

“Come to Wisconsin and smell our dairy air!”

Edit - gotta include some music! Here’s a nice Stevie Wonder cover I saw Phish perform at Alpine Valley:

3 Likes
1 Like