What brought you to Overgrow?

I used to log on and check my old account. Then poof. All my history gone. No pics to reminisce over. Nothing. Then sometime later I looked it up and bamn. It’s back. Now I am as well. @Heliosphear hooked it up with some seeds back in the day. And we’ll, I’m here to grow :deciduous_tree: :evergreen_tree: :fire:.

Stay kind,
Pawsfodocaws

5 Likes

I joined this website because I wanted to trade seeds with some “poor boy” farmers from other countries. Not commercial super pot but rather local or tribal weed. I have been very successful. You guys are great! :grin::rainbow:

5 Likes

I was on GrowWeedEasy when @blowdout2269, also a member there, mentioned in a passing comment that there were great weed pictures here on OG. I never looked back.

I like GWE and most of the folks there, however, it’s not active enough for my taste. I think it’s simply a smaller site with less activity, so responses to questions/comments are generally not in or close to in real time.

I was not an original member.

I don’t have a lot of experience in forums, but I know I like the moderation that goes on here. Things are generally calm. I like that a lot.

7 Likes

I was on the original Overgrow, they were good times, it was mostly before smart phones, I was on dialup so posting was an event.

I remember the night it all went off, nobody knew what was happening, many growers ripped up plants and bailed. I’d already kept growing through a neighbour dismembering his friend and the whole street becoming a crime scene so it didn’t feel too bad to me.

Since then I moved to three other side of the world, struggled to find any weed here and had some health issues and a horrible experience smoking that led to a ten year hiatus. Recently rediscovered the greenery and decided to try growing again. Found that Overgrow is back up and running in all its glory. I looked at a couple of other 420 growing forums over the years but nothing came close. The new OG Isn’t quite the same as the old OG but it’s close and the best there is.

4 Likes

I’d love to know what happened to make you have a 10 year hiatus and I’ve always wanted to know what that day was like when the RCMP took down the servers

1 Like

I came to OG originally for more chances at a giveaway from a seed vendor who was doing giveaways across multiple platforms. At first I didn’t really realize just how cool OG was. After a bit I started hanging around and one day a buddy of mine in Florida was looking for some seeds so I asked about some in the FSFC thread. Something that would grow well in Florida. At that point I was jumped on by a number of members that were like a pack of jackels, lol. They were whinning about me speaking of my buddy like I was doxing him by saying a guy in Florida. As you all know, when I say a guy from Florida, everyone knows which one, lol. After some ugly stuff was said to me I almost left the forum but some said “stick around and get to know some people and contribute.” So that’s what I did. This was back in 2020. I quickly realized how many amazing people are here on OG and as time went along I tried to make some small contributions to this great place. That was it for me, this became my new online home.

Now don’t get me wrong, there are still some incredibly ignorant morons here. Every now and then you run into one of them and it reminds you that while this place is incredible, and the MODS do an amazing job, it’s still the internet. There are still pathetic idiots that will attack you spouting lies and insults for whatver reason. Not sure what motivates people to make up lies and then get upset about them. Also taken tons of crap for giving away seeds. There are some that look at that is bad for whatever reason. Been told I am only here to giveaway seeds and don’t contribute otherwise, lol. But in the end, those bottom feeders are a very tiny part of OG. All in all I feel this is the absoulute best cannabis community on the web and feel honored to be a part of it. Met many amazing people and learned a whole lot about growing with lots more to learn. I really feel that Overgrow has made me a better person and when I say Overgrow, I really mean it’s users. So thanks to all of you, even the ones I don’t get along with. You have all shown me somthing. Some of it bad but the major majority of it good. Long Live Overgrow.

20 Likes

Can’t argue that one… :rofl: but 95% are on the up and up.

7 Likes

That’s the highest level of contribution though. I’ve seen people attack you in threads before calling you an “attention seeker” or whatever because of the perpetual member of the month thing but everyone on here can vouch for you in one way or another. You’re the first person I interacted with when I joined. We talked about the BOG Sour Grape in the DM’s when I let you know they were on sale on SHN and you even sent me an extra pack of PPP for my uncle on top of the one you sent me! All the while asking for nothing in return.

If contributing to this community in the form of GIVING AWAY FREE SEEDS / POLLEN is a bad thing, then shame on you, Doug. Shame on you for actually doing something and helping people with genetics and navigating Overgrow.

6 Likes

You’re not talking about me? He’s not talking about me right guys?

9 Likes

Well if you have to ask… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

So he IS talking about me!

3 Likes

Even I, @DougDawson , philanthropist extraordinaire, have haters. You do you, and be more hated than me by those lesser than us.

2 Likes

Reddit grow group’s ‘I am a better grower …my way is the best’ attitude combined with the shit luck I was having germinating seeds brought be here.
Now I have seeds, great peers and beautiful plants growing. Thank you for being OG.
:v:&:green_heart:

5 Likes

When I started growing(my 1st time) last April, I was looking for resources to learn from. The ILGM forums was the 1st one I joined and after feeling pressured into buying a HLG unit for my 1st light, it didn’t feel right over there. I was in a panic about every mistake I made during my first 2 grows and OG helped me to calm down and not sweat the little things.

4 Likes

(It’s all small stuff)

3 Likes

The company I work for maintains an on call phone we hand off. OG was still open in the search screen when I got the phone as we are all growers n tokers so I skimmed it thinking it was a breeders farmers market but it is so much more ive come to realize

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s just one of those things. I have become quite good at ignoring those people. Opinions vary and theirs mean less to me than the stubble I shaved off my face this morning. Probably because the stubble seems smarter, lol.

Lol, who could hate on you brother. Although we are talking about morons, so there is that. Nothing to do but to keep on keeping on. Life is too short to waste it on such things.

5 Likes

Oh I catch lots of hate. It’s really pretty funny.

I have a very negative attitude.

5 Likes

I have noticed that, lol. Just playing. We still love you man.

1 Like

I’ll fight you for saying that. No but seriously that kind of negativity tends to burn itself out.

4 Likes