What brought you to Overgrow?

I was looking into putting a 315w CMH in a 3x3 and read through a thread on THCFarmer where a brand new grower with that setup was getting trolled by an older member. When the new grower stood up for himself, the mods cursed him out and banned him.

THAT WOULD NOT FLY OVER HERE!!!

Really got me thinking how good we really have it on OG. It also made me curious, what brought you here to Overgrow? Are you a forum refugee? Were you an original member? Share your stories and burn one with me :dash:

28 Likes

There’s a lot more people here that actually serve the plant and not their ego. And the mods do a great job at keeping the trolls in check.
:v::canada:

28 Likes

Someone mentioned overgrow on reddit. I figured I’d check it out. I had no expectations as the subreddits I was in were the only weed growers groups I was in and most of the posts were either “is my plant done” or “what’s wrong with this plant” and then a bunch of folks arguing or piling on in the comments.

I came here. I read for about ten minutes and joined. This is almost my exclusive web browsing activity at this point. Almost everyone is positive. Arguments almost always end with a hug. And I get to live vicariously through everyone else’s grow and share my own.

30 Likes

Legalization. Before legalization i stayed off line and lurked forums for years. Last 5 years I’ve slowly gained confidence in going online. Tried a couple other forums but loads of trolls and not for me also was noticing certain other cannabis forums have no problem advertising scammers as long as scammers pay for banner ad space so i immediately knew the place wasn’t for me. Lurked here for years and years and last summer finally made an account. Very happy i did as it much different vibe. Im on here and bean basement and thats all i need.

12 Likes

That diygreenlife;) @Sebring

5 Likes

I made a comment a while ago about overgrow being a collective of people who found a pretty garden and had the good sense to stay, and I still feel like that’s accurate. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Same as @Gadarien ! Someone mentioned OG on Reddit so I checked it out and instantly was impressed with the community over here. Everyone is so welcoming and informative, it is the greatest resource to have for a new grower like myself!

7 Likes

My medical situation led me to the stash podcast. Although I’ve smoked my whole life I had never grown legally and always at parks and such. Got more into the science of it, and with limited to no income my only options were to win some genetics or find a community that would actually help. After 2 months here I’ve got enough seeds for years and from the pictures I’ve seen most are master growers.

6 Likes

I came here looking for s2 seeds of usefuls bag of oranges, off a tip from some other site. Since they can no longer be purchased from the man himself.

They haven’t materialized yet, but I’ve been gifted way too many seeds in the meantime and sent a number of clones. The vibes are generally good here.

5 Likes

I like overgrow because I get to look at pretty pictures of plants and talk shit.

20 Likes

I was reading the comments section on reddit about some dudes grow and the conversation was about how toxic the comments get in the r/microgrowery. @Yetigrows chimed in, talking about a magical place where the vibe was great, the plants were beautiful and everyone was able to get along. I checked it out and haven’t looked back since.

10 Likes

r/microgrowery and r/cannabiscultivation are horrific lol I watched a guy have a literal mental breakdown in the comments section. Threatened to r@₽€ and kill some guys whole family because he liked dispo weed. I’m good on all that lol

2 Likes

For sure, @Yetigrows, but more admirably, YETI KNOWS!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I bought a Phototron, that’s what brought me to Overgrow in 2000…Everyone gave me shit for buying one and I had to prove them all wrong…
They do work as long as you do not follow the directions that came with them…And if you really think about it Phototrons are just a hard walled tent that comes with it’s own lighting system…if you can grow in a Phototron you can grow in a tent, if you can grow in a tent you can grow in Phototrons.
I’ve had a total of 9 of them big and small and all were given to me except for one because people couldn’t make them work…I still have a brand new one still in a box.

Ogre clone only strain, a mutant strain of Sensi Star

Matanuska Thunder Fuck (Bikers Cut) clone only strain

20 Likes

Google search, I was seeking for OG before I knew ir was here, I remember the results with reddit and many seedbanks forums.
Once I got here I started by look around but I had to register in order to evaluate OG.

I registered and presented and immediately topics start calling my attention and after a few hours of read I was astonished with OG.

Amazing friendly people in general, many many experiences share and help are top, but then there are the give aways from sponsors and several known brands, over all this is the place to be if you are honnest, sincere and every body wish the best to others, no jealousy around.

Lets add some sexy bitches thread, airgun thread and I’m out of Facebook, all I need and want can be and exist here without the adds and overpowering people.

Still I had a blocked topic concerning racism, be aware that we still a community where we can find people worldwide with some cultural differences that need to be considered so politics, religion, are no nos.

But appart from that this is a 5 star place where I watch, learn, evolve but I also know I am watched and if something is way out someone will speak so I can correct and do the best.

Along the way I discovered more about OG, that it went down and came up, that it was home of Jorge Cervantes, well known activist, very nice to know all these details.

4 Likes

I’ve only ever heard of P-Trons!!! That’s so cool to me. You first joined OG 1.0 the same year I was born lol a true OG

3 Likes

Btw, I had to stand up for myself when I first joined Overgrow, some members gave me shit about them but members like BOG did not…he and I got to be good friends and he even sent me his genetics because he wanted to see his creations being grown in Phototrons.

10 Likes

BOG was a gentleman and a scholar. I’m obviously too young to have ever interacted with him but I know his work well and his contributions. RIP to a legend

3 Likes

I don’t know if i bring much here but i’m proud
To be a part of that Big family who fight for growing the Sacred Plant

I have started with cannaquebec forum
next with opengrow
and a searching on Google led me here…
I like to start my journey to see what others Ogerzz have posted
Big solidarity and unity here :pray: :pray: :pray:

3 Likes

I browsed Overgrow something like 20 years ago when I was just a wee little lad. ( didnt even smoke yet)
Then yall gon dun got shut down by the government… 20 years later I type " cannabis seed trading" forum into google. Low and behold Over Grow is back.
so. the love for genetics brought me here but the passion in the community kept me here.
:rabbit:

shout out to Eroiwid.com
:heart: Much love Shroomery :heart:

4 Likes