What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 1)

I have been spamming it, pun intended lol, I shut my grow down in May, and this thread has become my surrogate food, instead of grow, journal :joy::upside_down_face:

On that note, yesterday I made more crackers, this time with powdered sage, onion and garlic. They came out really good as well.

Then thought maybe try making a keto pizza base with some.

Added some Asiago parmesan cheese to it first as I didnā€™t want the sauce to make the base soggy and fall apart.

Then added the sauce.

Then added some motzerella cheese on top of that and some hot peppers and onions on the motzerella.

Then added some more cheese a mix of the Pamersan, motzerella, and welsh cheddar.

Taddahhh.

It wasnā€™t too bad the base I forgot needs to cool down to remain cohesive with the crackers, and being 4 times as thick as a cracker should have got longer in the oven at a lower temperature. As the cheese needs to melt I had it at a higher temperature and the base dried out and became crumbly. Next time I will not half cook the base prior to adding everything on top, more like a traditional pizza.

The wife got her Mushroom Keema and chicken with rice, I got a soup bowl of what was left over after adding it to the fried chicken for a starter and at 4 days old was even better :yum: she loved it.

16 Likes

I guess the cheese sealed all the flavor and moisture in the fish. Never thought of fish with cheese before.

Never have been a seafood person, when I was eating meat, the only fish I would eat is cod from the chip shop, and that was mainly for the batter lol. The other fishy things I ate was shrimp and scampi and Birdseye fish fingers as a kid lol.

Edit, sitting thinking about it, my mum would cook breaded plaice or lemon sole fried in a pan, I did enjoy that.

3 Likes

Looks great. Can I have the recipe?

1 Like

Fish and chz is a taste of its own. The raw fish dish with onions lime some kind of citrus and feta cheese Iā€™ve had before.

1 Like

Iā€™m going for that today. @PhilCuisine your doing a lot of typing. Iā€™m hanging on for this. Lol Your food always looks amazing. @anon98660487 i love that dish. Whatā€™s the deal about bacon I have been reading. Are they cutting it in your state? No sale of it? Or just the slaughter houses. I know thereā€™s some pig and cattle around Los Angeles. I know it one time there was only one place that you could take Holstein cattle and that was in your state. That was years ago. They are tall.

1 Like

I never thought of it either but it worksā€¦living in a small town is not like living in Chicagoā€¦when I lived in the city and I needed 1 or 2 ingredients I could just go to a supermarket less than a mile away but where Iā€™m living at now I would have to drive 27 miles to a supermarket, thatā€™s over 50 miles round trip just for a couple ingredients. The closest big town is Champaign and I go there once every 2-3 weeksā€¦I have fresh vegetables thatā€™s a plus and protein in my freezerā€¦I have venison, pork, beef, chicken, fish btw 4 different kinds, frog legs, shrimp, and lambā€¦so when I cook I cook like those chefs in that food network show CHOPPEDā€¦Thatā€™s how I cook folks but I really donā€™t do dessertsā€¦its actually fun cooking that way and so far everything has been eatable if not it goes to the doggies bowl and they eat everything.

My garden kabobs, everything from my garden but mushroomsā€¦

I do grow mushrooms folks but itā€™s for recreationals.

Vegetable Garden 2021

13 Likes

R those mushrooms penis envy lol kabobs look killer btw

2 Likes
1 Like

No, these areā€¦

11 Likes

Not having all the ingredients can be a pain, especially if you got to travel that kind of distance. It can make for some great experiments adding different ingredients to compensate. You just have to be able to imagine flavours in your head.

I am lucky just far enough away from the city for abit of country side but only 10 minutes from lots of stores.

The wife is wanting salmon tonight, so I am copying your idea, barbecue in foil with lemon juice salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes then open up the foil and add some parmesan and thyme on top and finish off cooking.

I have some B+ spores in the fridge, I will be trying to start some shrooms soon :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Shadey
Do exactly as you said for salmon wonā€™t be disappointed ā€¦thereā€™s r salmon that entered the river barley eat them as it is and now Iā€™m thinking only will eat them if they r cooked this way or smoked

7 Likes

Sure can, the only ngredients you cant substitute is Flax seed meal 1/4 cup, Psyllium husk 1/4 cup, and pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup, and a teaspoon of salt and pepper.

Any spice or herbs you might like dried.

Then its just seeds like, sessame, quinoa, chia or sunflower at a 1/4 cup, no more than 1 cup altogether for these.

Then add a 1/3 cup of water and mix thoroughly, leave in the bowl for 15 minutes so the psyllium husk activates and becomes sticky.

You should be able to compress it, and it sticks together. Press it out onto a baking tray lined with Baking paper and put in the oven for 15 minutes at 300f, remove and cut your squares gently, then back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until desired toastyness is acquired.

Leave to cool down before breaking up the squares as the psyllium husk needs to cool down to bind it all together.

If you are doing it for a pizza base and not doing a keto diet, I would stick to the real pizza dough, but if you want to give it a go no need to cut into squares half way through cooking and add your toppings at the start of it going in the oven and cook at 375f so the cheese melts and browns off. Or use a blow torch to brown the cheese off :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah I saw that posted a little while ago, and thought the wife might like it, I have no asparagus atm :confused: so just going with the parmesan and thyme.

Thanks for the walk through, I wonā€™t close the foil up at the start. I just didnā€™t want the salmon drying out to much. I wonder if some butter on the salmon before the cheese would be goodšŸ¤”

2 Likes

Iā€™m having baked salmon today with mayo, onions, lemon juice, and parsley, and some pepper. Iā€™ll post pics later :crazy_face::relaxed:

2 Likes

What kind of Cubensis?

Edit: All yā€™all fish eaters make me slightly jealous. Iā€™m allergic to fish (anaphylaxis), and donā€™t eat bottom feeders so itā€™s only sea-plants thatā€™ll go in my mouth. :laughing: :skull:

Edit 2: This means that i HAVE to wear gloves when using fish emulsion. I donā€™t even wear gloves when mixing up peroxide! (i do wear goggles with the peroxide).

3 Likes

I forgot to put the specifics yes itā€™s butter and lemon juice in the beginning !

3 Likes

Cheers man :+1:

1 Like

slow start but up and at em !

8 Likes

Insider tip: Fry the bacon 1st, THEN make the eggs/pancakes (canā€™t tell from the photo) in the freshly rendered pig-butter.

5 Likes

We do it with the eggs just not the pancakes ! Homemade batter for the pancakes so it was her ā€œtesterā€ lmao

3 Likes