What does everyone feed in coco?

I know this has been asked a million times, but what does everyone feed who’s growing in coco? Currently using heads 6/9 formula with gh nutes. Looking for something better lol! So tell us what everyone is using!

2 Likes

I use Peters 5-11-26 with the same formula as Jack’s 321. It’s not perfect, but it’s pretty decent. More finicky plants usually like a little more N in veg and a little less N in flower. I’ve messed with the formula on occasion (adjusting in some MgNO3 in veg and MPK in flower).

3 Likes

I was thinking of switching to jacks next run. I’ve seen some pretty nice plants grown with it.

1 Like

I run gh Flora series as the instructions call for. I add 3 ml/gal calimagic. Swap the Cali with a mag sulfer after week 5 flower.

3 Likes

i use jacks hydro in the 3:2:1 ratio with epsom in veg and hydroponic research’s veg+bloom in flower. i also use HR’s +life in veg and early flower. my local shop has also ordered some of the +push foliar that i am going to give a try this run at the suggestion of a trusted grower.

the jacks is incredible for veg and costs pennies. you can’t go wrong. i used to flower with it as well, but it produced relatively bland flowers compared to what i have seen with the veg+bloom. my plants have never been louder. since the v+b is a bit pricier, i just use it during flower. switching nutes hasn’t seemed to cause any issues at all, i just give them a good flush when i swap over.

3 Likes

I have been using GreenPlanet Dual Fuel in coco with 1ml/l of calmag, 1/4 dose of Green Planet vitamin B complex, and some silicates.

Now I am doing MegaCrop and CalMag only, plants seem to be doing great

I pH to 6

3 Likes

Megacrop with half strength calmag each feed and full strength vitalink buddy added from week 2 of bloom up until flush :+1:

3 Likes

I’m only finishing up my second grow now, but I have been using the Fox Farms Hydro Trio…Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. You guys are awesome! I truly appreciate everyone chiming in. Keep em’ coming!

I really wanted to try veg+bloom. It’s just too expensive for me at the moment.

Jacks always works good. Canna probably the best but insanely expensive. Vegbloom is what I’m rocking now. Like how it’s dry and easy to carry/dose.

1 Like

Anyone willing to take a picture of the veg+bloom label? I bet we could reverse engineer a similar formula. I just need to know what the ingredients and nutrient assay are.

1 Like

First is their “shine” second is the “RO Soft Base”

2 Likes

just cana coco a+b works fine for me

4 Likes

Sweet thanks! I’ll run some numbers in hydro buddy tonight and see what I come up with.

2 Likes

I like this idea very much! :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

How’s this working out for you? I have the 3 part, and tried using it at they’re suggested feed rate, and had real slow growth. I didn’t use cal mag though. I switched to heads 6/9 formula, and just use micro and bloom, but I now add cal mag. I was just wondering maybe the 3 part would work better for me with the added cal mag?

When I started i wasn’t using calmag either but my first run was all-fucked-up. Ur usual newbie fresh meat 5 gallon bucket dwc. Jesus, if I knew then what I do now…

Notes indicate I’m using 3ml/gal calimagic in coco and no problems. I hold pH at 6 through the whole show.

Week 5 I drop Cali and swap for a mag-sulfer mix. I use Epsom salt in water

Edit because words, words are hard…

6 Likes

Word, bro.

How much epsom do you use after week 5? Is this because of claimed coco’s uncanny ability to release calcium at the most unfortunate moment? I have not experienced that yet, but if the struggle is real i’ll try going to mag sulf, especially on 10+ week strains

1 Like

@HappyHemper When flowers stop forming they no longer need the Ca, magnesium and sulfer are the backbone to finishing and ripening. Cannabis loves the mag, she whores herself out for it. Notes indicate I’m adding 50-70ppm mag sulfer per feed which is about every 5 days currently.

I take a half gallon Mason jar, fill with hot r.o. water and add Epsom til Saturation on a stir plate. Once at capacity I allow to cool over night and decant the liquid off into a clean empty bottle. I then take this solution add 5ml to a gal of r.o. water and note the increase of ppm on the bottle so I now know my dilution ratio.

Never really had a problem with calcium if my pH is at 6. If I see the leaves starting to tailwhip, I know I need more Ca.

6 Likes