What Other hobbies?

Soon as i get some built. Layed off 5 months. Going back on road cple days, finally. Next layoff.smoker and choppers.

6 Likes

That’s some. Stiil collecting for tubing

1 Like

Nice stuff guys.

I’ll be bringing a 2001 Yamaha tw200 back to life in the near future. Anyone into Dual Sport/ADV riding?

Stay Hazed,
Jake

1 Like

My thing is snowmobiling, but have a couple 250 2 stroke bikes also. I love my big tripple sleds, 240hp plus. Building a 1300cc tripple monster this year for my thundercat.

4 Likes

Musician here too…
Been playing drums and bass guitar as a child, got into techno/house producing back in the early 90s and stopped all by 96
In 2016 , as soon as I was back in the modern age in Europe, I bought a new synth, a new drum machine and got a track licensed by one of my all time favorite label. That, I must say , it’s wonderful when you are an old cat like me… :wink:
And I have a custom suzuki intruder 800cc in Italy…( and searching for a nice bike here too), mid-long hairs, leather jackets and all so I guess I’m a biker too… :wink:

DS

3 Likes

Reviving an older thread… I like making,fixing and modifying shit. LITFA is not in my vocabulary.

I’ve been making knives for a little while now, and have recently started stabilizing my own wood for handles

Besides that, cars hunting guns 4x4ing are the main go to time wasters

10 Likes

Bmx, snowboarding, hockey, golf, disc golf, read. Make beer for a livelihood.

5 Likes

One of my other hobbies beside “Photosynthesis” …lol…1/8th scale Gas Powered Rc boats, and cars… Also into old school muscle cars, and detailing and … My list is endless!. :blush:

Getting a little dusty,… here are my Rc boats, and Ferrari …:slight_smile:

5 Likes

The TW is a unique, but great little bike! My buddy has one.

I started with an XT225 and this past spring I sold it and bought a 2019 DR650. As you may have guessed, dual sport / ADV riding is one of my hobbies.

I’m on and off with a lot of other hobbies. I do something full on until I learn or accomplish what I want and then move on to something else. Then months or years later I might cycle back to a previous hobby. Some hobbies are very consistent, however.

In no particular order; electronics, DIY audio, wine/beer making, reloading, marksmanship/ballistics, cryptocurrency mining, gaming, reading (mostly philosophy but plenty of other stuff), gardening, hunting (feed my family this way), home renovations, motorcycle maintenance/repair/rebuilding, butchering, sausage making, cooking… I am sure there are more that I have forgotten.

I own an acoustic guitar and an electric bass, but have yet to learned to play them, and I just purchased a recurve bow - going to become an instinctive archer. I don’t ever see an end to learning (except the obvious).

5 Likes

Ha I’m the same way… go hard on a hobby for awhile, get distracted by 1 or 10 more then fall back to the first one. Now that hunting season is on it’s way I will be too pre occupied for other stuff

6 Likes

Yep. I know the feeling! Good luck!

4 Likes

Reading, biking, swimming, guitar and piano/keyboard. I’ve been learning about music production lately for fun, it’s quite involved. I also read alot and am into some tech stuff.

Used to be drinking too but have been off that for a while lol. I used to blow glass as well it was a ton of fun and will get back to it some day.

I also want to get into beer and/or winemaking in the future when I start boozing again. It’s crazy I didn’t all those years I would have saved thousands $$$

2 Likes

Avoid the MR. Beer kits… I’ve yet to make good tasting beer and it ends up costing as much as a 24 pack of the real stuff lol

4 Likes

Ya if I do it I’ll start with grains and hops, keep it simple. I like to learn things from the ground up. The real hurdle was always shelling out the initial cash for a propane burner, big boiling pots and carboys etc.

If I do it I want to do it somewhat large… I’m not gonna stare at a case of beer for 2 months while it ages only to drink it in 3 days lol

3 Likes

Hahaha I dunno how many cases I drank waiting for that one to finish.

3 Likes

Enjoy all you car guys, my latest build. 566 rear wheel hp👍

5 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Are you Mandela effected?