What would this technique be called?

looks like lst to me

1 Like

facts!!! Im the same way… I love to experiment and put my own twists on methods… sometimes they help, sometimes they fuck shit up… either way it keeps me occupied, and happy. Thats why they call them personal grows…I always encourage people to experiment with techniques, make it work for you… innovation comes from people like us, usually people smarter but hey… shit happens.

3 Likes

True. But you had fun with it and we agreed so win win.

3 Likes

VERY …VERY …COOL.
I AM TRYING TO DO THIS WITH MY GROW

When do you start initially to top off or trim the plant for the first time.?

:male_detective:
:vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Thats how I look at it, it’s a constant earning experience, always trying new experiments to see results. Doesn’t always end well but sometimes results are surprisingly awesome.

5 Likes

That said, any science should be done as safely, and well documented, as possible.
You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

…I myself have a collection of stupid prizes though, I will admit.

3 Likes

3-4 levels of leaves. It gives you 6-8 main branches that way. Then I used the green spool of twist tie and bamboo to keep training all the branches out to cover as much area as possible. If you top the more central sucker branches it slows them a bit and gives you even more tops.

1 Like

My stupid prizes are my favorite bc if do it again that’s just on me can’t blame it on learning lol

3 Likes

Ain’t that the truth! Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice… now my insurance won’t cover it a second time.

1 Like

I saw a Utube vid on this sub of plant bonsai …ing . Drill holes in the plastic pots and use twine to spread out the branches by looping the twine loosely around the stem and then secure to the container with the appropriate amount of tension, along with pipe cleaners or wire bent in half and inserted into the soil Once U get to the desired horizontal … length the branches will grow upwards.

2 Likes

Yeah, thats basically what I did, but in all directions. You have to keep either using ties or topping the centers until your meristems are where you want them. Then allow to just grow and every end point becomes a top bud.

Next grow I will do a few this tek and post an easy to follow pictorial.

2 Likes

for sure, never know what its gonna do until you try. my wife complains that my experimenting is getting expensive lol Always buying new buckets, grow pots, and building out experimental hydro setups…

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly! Though mine only complains about if there’s a mess/clutter aka "hoarding "( but it’s never called that when I happen to have something that was needed and would require spending extra $ haha) I tend to either repurpose things if/when I can and barter or trade for things I don’t have when I can.

2 Likes

your comment to. BOB
Yeah, thats basically what I did, but in all directions. You have to keep either using ties or topping the centers until your meristems are where you want them. Then allow to just grow and every end point becomes a top bud.

I have started to use twine to loop around the stem and then I use scotch tape to secure to the base of the pot…I tie the pot to the pot using string and tape.
apply some pressure to gently bend the branches away from the plant stem…do this in all directions around the plant.
basically opening up the space to allow light in

2 Likes