Main-Lining techniques and experiences!?

Hello there peeps,

I’m interested in knowing your experiences in main-lining the plants…

You know to produce even colas in the whole canopy! Pictures would be great.

Thanks peeps!

11 Likes

6 cola mainline. Went with six because I thought it might produce a hexagonal shape from the top. I’m crazy. I top after the 4th or 5th node that leaves the two bottom ones then again to split the original top in 4. I just go with it as far as defoliating from the bottom up while in veg taking off any ugly leaves and suckers. Vader OG from CA dispensary.

10 Likes

I’m going to try mainlining one of my crack babies. Trying to fill my 2x2 with only 1 plant so I figure this may be the way to go

4 Likes

IME, it takes way longer to veg and didnt really increase my yields a whole lot. Lately I just top once and roll with it.

18 Likes

Origami comes to my mind. It’s like they gave us all a piece of paper and we’re all folding it different ways, but then unfolded it’s the same piece of paper.

3 Likes

Would 1 mainline plant take up a full 2x2 or would I be wasting space by not putting a 2nd one in with it. I was thinking scrog originally but then I cabt get the plant out to do maintenance

2 Likes

1 Mainline can easily fill a 3x3.

1e6205a9342e1664772b3095eaf4e3d012811737_2_666x500
That was a single mainlined(8 tops) Godberry from Freedom of Seeds DWC in a 3x3x6 tent. Vegged for 50 days and flipped at ~18 inches. Pulled 6oz on a ~32" tall plant.

18 Likes

Alright I’ll stick to 1 lol

1 Like

50 day veg…

There are no shortcuts in this…

My intention is to grow large long colas, it’s there an easier way?

2 Likes

I don’t feel like you have to be as aggressive with the defoliation all at once. It seems like you can do your topping first, let it recover and then do a little trimming from the bottom up as time goes on. Once the tops are set it almost feels like your gradual trimming is “pushing” or “chasing” the colas up.

3 Likes

Bro I’ve got one bubba kush that covers half my 4x4

3 Likes

Ditto, and also when I tried it, it left an open spot in the middle. Maybe I pulled the branches too far out. I like a shorter cycle time though, so I didn’t try it again.

4 Likes

Lol monster! That should be a good yield

1 Like

lmao i was skimmong through and all I caught off that at first was “main lineing crack babies”
This should be interesting :thinking: then I reread it.
Sorry couldnt help it.

4 Likes

I was going to try main lining but honestly it just seems like a huge waste of time considering how long you have to veg. By the time your done with veg I’m half way through flower.
My most recent grow I just used wire to train and didn’t even top the plants. I had i pretty level canopy with many colas

19 Likes

What kind of light are you using in that pic? Is that an Apache?

1 Like

its a spider farmer sf4000 and I absolutely love it. Think its 600w but mine came drawing 550w from the wall so I just left it there instead of turning it up. It grows some pretty tight dense heavy buds

9 Likes

yeah it seems like way too much work and time for the same result as lollipopping,

you have to veg for like 3 months when you do this, forget that noise

4 Likes

Hahaha that was the plan

3 Likes

How do i do this then?

I figured this people will not veg for long given it’s a business, but how do they do that?

13 Likes