What's the point in auto flowers?

Did the Trizzers come from our friend @Mr.Sparkle? I’ve grown a few of his creations, got some of his auto beans waiting their turn. Dark sparks and a few others. Great guy, sent them all the way to Scotland for me. GG4/wedding cake sounds nice too :+1:

1 Like

Not the best picture because of the HPS light

White widow auto grown in a bubble pot.
11 Oz dried. These autoflowers are :poop::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

lol aye hps doesn’t make for a good pic but i get the idea. Nice job!
Been a while since i had the pleasure and they were regs. Quite fancy trying an auto widow at some point. How close to the original was it and are they still available?

1 Like

Pretty excited about this grow
But my last grow all the seeds came from overgrow did some trades,all the plants turned out amazing,except for my own strain one of them got mold week before harvest
It was mostly a photo grow except for the sweet tooth autos I grew,

3 Likes

I got some sweat tooth auto crosses from @ReikoX a while back and they turned out dam fine. In some ways better than the original :+1:

1 Like

Yeah it was by Phoenix Seeds.
https://www.phoenix-cannabis-seeds.co.uk/seeds/white-widow-express-autoflowering-feminised-seeds
Advert says 7 weeks :rofl: mine went more than double that :roll_eyes:
It looked and tasted like WW from back in the day but the high was mediocre.
Would I run it again. Yes. But only outdoors.

1 Like

Cheers bro! the original widow wasn’t that strong either eh. Nice daytime smoke though. Hear you about autos timing. That green crack flowered for 10wks lol not exactly a fast bud but a very nice smoke

1 Like

Sugar black rose auto, very nice smoke

6 Likes

Yeah the fastbudz gear is excellent. Love the GSC and grew it out a few times now.
Thing with fastbudz though is a while back they were just slapping popular strain names on anything.
They also got into a lot of shit over the GSC adverts they did :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeh i can see why, some of their strains have decent taste…

1 Like

Yes, though not really my creations just f2’s of seeds I was given, sure I made the seeds floating around here but not my work that goes to the breeders “twenty20 mendocino”

3 Likes

I’ve got a few in my veg tent because I like trying new things, last time I ran “autos” they turned out to be fast photos, decent enough smoke but nothing to write home about. Probably gonna use the ones I just started for bubble hash.

1 Like

With everyone breeding cookies into thier lines this is one of the things i was worried would happen.Just like with hop latent viroid something is bound to pop up one of these days.Check is in the mail it’s coming.Hopefully we have enough cats that save as many land races and solid genetics as possible and share them with everybody and not try to worry about making a buck.The autoflower thing is something I also worry about.Once you turn something into a chihuahua you can’t turn it back into a wolf.

I crossed sweet tooth with cream caramel then I bred the
Sweet tooth caramel back into a sweet tooth again lol

Cream caramel was a pretty small plant so that’s why I bred it back to a sweet tooth that strain had the height
Messed about with this strain for over a year ,lockdown experiments

2 Likes
  1. The home grower doest have to buy from dispensary or off the streets.
  2. Doesn’t have to worry about light leaks.
  3. Gets to sample bud that otherwise may not available to him.
  4. Can easily produce enough bud for his household.
  5. 63 days start to finish.
  6. No training needed.
8 Likes

I hate autos for the simple fact that they can show everyone how shitty a grower you are in half the time.

:wink::+1:

15 Likes

Yeah autos can do that for guys that’s aren’t experienced with them.
Just 1 f-up and it can be over for sure.
There is definitely a learning curve versus photos.
The pros and cons can go for both autos and photo.
We have are very familiar with the arguments.
If autos are so bad, then why are so many people turning to them. Maybe auto growers don’t know any better, or maybe they simply don’t want what photos have to offer.
Me I’m just going to grow what I think smokes the best, be it auto or photo. I don’t have a quota to meet.

3 Likes

My usual problem is keeping them small enough that they don’t burned by the light.

4 Likes

What size container do you grow them in? Usually autos flower if the taproot hits the edge of the container they’re in, so if you want smaller autos you can grow them in smaller containers

1 Like

It’s only half the time if you believe the breeders shitty quotes on the adverts. Autos finish when they wanna finish same as photos :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::v:

4 Likes