Where to buy clones in California?

Thank you very much for participating

I remember what happened to a friend’s grow, a few years back, when he got 30 clones from The Goddess and most, if not all, had spider mite eggs on them, no actual mites, but when those eggs hatched, it turned bad in there real quick. He and his crew lost everything they were growing at the time because of this massive mistake.

You want a company that uses a sterile lab environment when making clones, otherwise, you run the chance of aquiring some unwanted plant pests/pathogens of your very own.

If you’re getting clones from someone you don’t know, a dispensary or even a clone retailer, you really need to quarantine the clones for a couple weeks to see what, if anything, they might have on them.

During quarantine, make sure to go over the entire clone, from top to bottom and underneath leaves, looking for anything suspicious and taking steps to remedy any issues before integrating them into your grow space.

It’s always better to be safe than sorry.

6 Likes

you are right

thank you

1 Like

I don’t often take in outside clones anymore, but I treat anything entering the garden with Eagle 20 and Temprid SC. Always assume there’s bugs and mold. Get the soil they’re in, too. If you don’t treat them with effective pesticides, you will eventually get pests from them. It only takes a few spores, a couple eggs, many pests are essentially invisible, it doesn’t matter how clean it looks.

5 Likes

Trouble is…clean place or not the people who go in to the stores to buy them bring in pests. Growers bring in their garden pests all the time I BET!!!

I have bought 1 clone from a store, will be my last one.

I will take clones in from other growers, NO PROBLEM. IF I WANT that cut BAD!! Just quarantine , treat, not a big deal. I am also able to rid my rooms of the pests using organic product and diligence, just had to do it not long ago.

I would NEVER send any cut/cuts with bugs or PM, just would not do it!!! Bad Karma.

2 Likes

you are right

some of them are selling tissue cultured clones and it seems to be a good solution to those problems

1 Like

Sometimes I worry about this when I go to the hydro store. Like every hydro store is usually pretty clean but that’s a lot of foot traffic exclusively from people who grow…and it only takes 1 egg stuck on my shoe and boom mite city.

2 Likes

Get the thread back on track and leave arguments where they belong please

Also don’t most dispensaries incali sell clones or are there just certain ones? Hoping when they get my states laws figured out we’ll be able to grow for more than medical even if we are rec

5 Likes

you have to search nurseries if you want clones

not all the dispensaries sell clones

1 Like

Ahhh I guess that makes sense, with everything they have there, should be some amazing stuff to mess with… I’ve always wanted to grow a clone from a killer mother plant, maybe one day I’ll find one haha

1 Like

I order nutrients and what not online ,cheaper then the hydro stores. There is also the fact that alot of customers are there because they have issues that they are probebly harboring on there clothing and spreading around in there travels,
Like @DesertGrown was describing treat all new plants as if they have bugs and mold on them whether you see it or not, it’s much easier and cost effective to sterilize clones then larger plants. Prevention is key trying to treat issues is way harder then preventing them.

5 Likes

Flame war aside… geez… get real guys.

For the OP, for the most part the clones I have seen for sale in CA are 1) for larger scale buyers for commercial grows only, or 2) WAY WAY WAY overpriced. Or some BS like I49 online. Occasionally I see a legit fairly priced clone post in CA on Strainly. But that is rare.

Clone prices are WAY cheaper in Oregon. So are weed prices. CA weed taxes are INSANE!

5 Likes

This is very true , most places want $20 or more before tax per clone, when I started going to the clubs they were $4 a peice

2 Likes

Oy, the clubs. Those were the days for finding strains and trading clones was rampant. I get clones here for $12 from shops out the door. From medical growers I get rare strains for $5.

5 Likes

There are a few I need to travel south for still but I’ll be paying $18 but there teens. Dude is legit and still only charges $10 for clones but sells out fast.

2 Likes

Wow, really? They nonchalantly post videos showing infestation?

I dont know what to think about this nursery

His owner has good reputation and they only sell a few diferent strains. They are the same strains since years

1 Like

So nice to see you Pancho :gun: :hugging: :cactus:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Well, its nice to be noticed! :slight_smile: You seem to have roped in a lot of rep here now.

This will be a good year for me to grow Canadian hemp. We shall see how they come out my friend! :wink:

1 Like

This is a very true statement Pancho… and it’s also the reason why the black market is so strong, here, in California.

I can go to a dispensary and pay too much for what I want, then have to pay a small phenomenal fee at the register… or I can choose to get quarters for $60 from someone else.
I choose the latter of the two… and I get to pick the strain I want.

As for clones, most of what I see around California are 6" - 8" clones going for $8 - $20 each. Teens are a little higher priced, but it still not too bad. Hype strains can be expensive… at least until the hype wears off. And good luck finding anything rare for a decent price.
Do any of you remember how much Chemdawg clones were going for back in the early 90’s?
I do… I knew a guy in Bakersfield who paid $4500 for a clone of Chemdawg in 1993. Chemdawg clones were new and very scarce back then… if you could locate someone that had a legit Chemdawg, a clone was gonna cost you big time. Some clones were sold for upwards of $5K.

Wow, how times have changed!

7 Likes