Who builds cobs/panels on here?

I have heard insanely mixed reviews on amazon leds and want to start looking into cobs. All the options I see though are generally pretty expensive to get started. So, I figured I would see what the OG fam has to offer! If u build cobs or panels or know someone who does tag them here and let me see your designs and pricing! Thank u in advance.
Much love, Artisan

3 Likes

@Baudelaire solstrips

4 Likes

I take cheap Amazon cobs and upgrade them with citizen and bridgelux components.
Growmau5e on YouTube is the guy to see.
Nearly everyone here agrees @Baudelaire as said above has a solid product and great bang for your buck with pricing.
Remember with cobs and solstrips actual wattage is better applied, through efficiency and good penetration.

7 Likes

Those solsheets are lookin hella good actually Ima snoop around and try to find some grows using them! How do they perform in flower?

3 Likes

Yeah contact Mr. B —> https://solstrip.com/en/

@Baudelaire @Artisan

2 Likes

Any idea on what kind of yield 2 solsheet x’s would produce in a 4x4 because if 1 gram per watt is good with only 500 total watts from both sheets it seems like I would need to supplement in flower

2 Likes

Contact @anon58740919 for solstrips or cob builds in UK :wink: @Artisan

4 Likes

I think you will find all the info in the thread about sol strips Qs & As

Get your reading glasses on @Artisan :nerd:

2 Likes

I’m running 12 sol strips and 2 red/blue strips in a 5’ x 5’. The 12 Sol strips are under powered with all 12 running off 1 320 watt driver or a little over 26 watts per strip. 40 watts per strip is where I should be at in flower.

That said I’m extremely happy with my results. Sorry I can’t offer any numbers, but I can compare with a 1000 watt MH I used in the same space.

3 Likes

Check out the Grass Monkey test thread. Both @Jellypowered and I used SolStrips for that grow. I have two 9-strip arrays and built my brother a 6-strip as array.

4 Likes

Drop me a pm mate. Sure we can sort you right out. If you’re UK anyway. Even if not I’ll still help where I can

2 Likes

I’m state side guys!

2 Likes

I’m a recent convert to led but i have built cob and solstrip rigs as cheaply as i can and still do a good job. I have a fairly long thread going but if you have half an hour to kill :grin:

You can check out my grow here… 325W of SolStrip (8x). I’m roundabout 21F - first time around w/ the SolStrips but they are performing wonderfully so far!

3 Likes

I’m following ur grow already that’s been my main point of reference so far! Lol

3 Likes

Then definitely check out @Jellypowered and @Mr.Sparkle and @anon58740919 and several others using the strips to great success!

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean I won’t take the time to help you where I can mate

5 Likes

And that right there is why I love this community! I was actually messaging Baudelaire already and he answered my questions very well. Just gotta pull the trigger on the site when it’s time! Thank u though man, that is seriously awesome that u would go out of ur way to help me

4 Likes

That’s what overgrow is about bro. Glad baudelaire has got you taken care of. I’m still an @ away should you need me in future. And if my reply is too slow there will most definitely be someone equally if not more knowledgeable than me to answer :wink:

3 Likes

looks like your covered then, I’ve built cob setups in the past, but honestly the strip options are where it’s at right now, and such example like sol strips are cheap in comparison and are worth it if wanting to go down the diy route

5 Likes