Albannachs LED conversion

Hi folks i’m now on my second grow since joining OG. I should have taken pics earlier but i still aint got a decent camera, took some of the new girls with my old tablet which aint great but it’s a bit better :grin:

Group shots (minus the runt) under a 400W HPS dual spectrum in a cooltube

Hate that orange glow now. Cant wait to replace it with an led rig so took em out for some pics in the more natural gloom that passes for daylight here.

Mandala Seeds - Far Out (fem) had to bend it but still left it a bit late. It grows like wildfire!

22 Likes

Looking very good @Albannach, nice, healthy looking, plants.

I also am looking forward to going to LED lighting. I’m starting with my Veg chamber because I am trying to increase my capacity to add some auto flowers.

3 Likes

Cream Of The Crop - White Chronic (back by popular demand :grin:)

Dinafem - White Widow (cos i can)

Delicious Seeds - Critical Jack (the runt) it was last to pop and refused to shed it’s helmet without serious encouragement so it’s still living in my other halfs auto tent.

15 Likes

Hope you get good results @Cobra50 led is the way forward i recon. I spray em daily in veg and very early bloom, tap water with 0.5ml per litre of calmag. Virtually none in our water so It keeps em green and healthy for longer.

2 Likes

I anticipate good results. It is pretty much proven out by the large number of folks here that have been using it for a while.

I have an R.O. setup so there is virtually nothing in my water at all. The unit was about $200 from Home Depot. I carried up to 15 gallons of water from the serve yourself R.O. machine at my local grocery store since they started that in the early '90s. I’m 64 right now and carrying all that water is difficult, especially down the stairs to my grows. It just made sense to me to buy an R.O. filter system.

I grow in coco as well, so I need to add everything to my feed. It is more in control than it ever was now. In fact, I’d go so far as to say my grow is under control for the 1st time in the 16 years I’ve been growing.

Edit: Nice Other plants too! Good job @Albannach. :thumbsup:

Edit2: How many strains are you growing at the moment?

4 Likes

Don’t tell me you keep sheep bro. Whilst everyone else was looking at your lovely ladies there. Sat thinking to myself the fuck is vit-ewe-min haha

4 Likes

Good on you pal. I’m almost 48 and already had a hernia op some years back so i feel for you and totally see the need for an RO filter if your water is at all poor.

3 Likes

I was buying R.O. water before I was growing, that is how awful my water is. :confounded: But the R.O. lets me grow good stuff, so all is good.

2 Likes

nice looking plants @Albannach

1 Like

@anon58740919 lol nah a mate dropped of some shit compost in it a while back but it’s good for sitting the smaller airpots in for watering. I actually really dont like sheep at all. Must be an aversion cos so many of my ancestors got replaced by the dam things. Those eyes and horns creep me out too, evil looking fuks.

2 Likes

@Cobra50 I got the 4 different strains just switched 4 days ago and my missis has 2 different autos flowering up nicely in her tent.

3 Likes

They are @Albannach’s beauties. And yes, very nice work!

By switched, I’m guessing you mean light cycles. I grow continuous harvest, but My kid and his fiance are moving out this year and I may put all my lights on one room and switch to a single crop at that time. It would be nice to be feeding all the plants the same feed at a time instead of making up 5 gallon containers of 3 different types of nutes constantly.

Edit: NIce your missus grows with you. You know, the family that grows together…

4 Likes

I run my tent 12/12 most of the time. I pulled those girls out of her auto tent last week, it was getting crowded in there so they got evicted but i was almost ready for them anyway.

2 Likes

I’m just glad you clarified that about the sheep. Started to think you were a Welshman In disguise for a sec :sweat_smile:

I’d question yer pal too ha

1 Like

Oh, switched modes by moving them. :thumbsup:

When I first started growing, I had one (2x3) closet for a grow. I left the light on 24/0. When plants got old enough to flower, I put them in cardboard barrels for 12 hours every day.

2 Likes

Tried something similar once, must have been near 20yrs ago. I used cardboard tubes or boxes to induce flowering early for the ones that stretched a lot but it was a loft grow and i got fed up climbing the ladder that often.

2 Likes

@anon58740919 lol i used to question him a lot but gave up in the end and just accepted hes a chronic womble and a bit nuts. Living right next to a farm aint my idea of bliss so i suppose he can be excused, a bit :grin:

1 Like

That’s gotta be these best inoffensive offense ever

3 Likes

lol hes a decent bloke and you never know he might read this one day, and probably agree :grin:

1 Like

That’s like my halfwit Yorkshire buddy. Quality guy but sometimes…just sometimes :exploding_head:

1 Like