Who likes oranges?

Well if you want to just make up fake words I can’t stop you.

4 Likes

Never seen a seed in one I’ve eaten. -But not saying you can’t find one!

1 Like

Cara cara are my new favorite

3 Likes

Driving through the orange orchards in the spring time in So Cal was almost overpowering. You could smell them for miles.

3 Likes

Anyone in the north east needs to go to Logees. 200 year old ponderosa lemon in the ground in Connecticut. Dude who planted it-died pruning it so the story goes. Its like a botanical garden where you can buy stuff. I live over 2 hours away but have made the trip a few times.

2 Likes

I got you if there are seeds

8 Likes

This is insanely smart - I’ve been doing it backwards! Many times I’ll grab a clementine or something similar BEFORE I rip. 🫡

1 Like

You got to get some honeybell’s!!! Grapefruit x tangerine hybrid.

Florida grown - got a little beat up with the hurricane this year.

California grown

What is a honeybell?

7 Likes

put some vanilla ice in itscreen_shot_2015-07-27_at_5.13.47_pm

3 Likes

Ugli fruit is good

really like the cara cara have some in fridge but hard to beat a good pomelo
download (1)

3 Likes

I love the Clementines personally. Satsuma Mandarin too.

1 Like

Wow, that doesn’t happen to be robert is here by any chance is it?!

1 Like

Absolutely. As I read the replies I thought of the citrus trees we had in our backyard in Fort Myers. Honeybell and Minneola are the same fruit with two names. It’s a tangelo (tangerine/pomelo) and the Duncan grapefruit is the ‘pomelo’ used in the cross. Honeybells are seedless which is odd because the Duncan is loaded with seeds. Duncan is one of the sweetest grapefruits, but the seeds turned many people away from them.

There’s a kumquat that lives in the yard now. It took a hit during a stretch of low temps in the low 20s F this winter.

Anita knows about Sunshine Trees.

2 Likes

I read that oranges in the tropics don’t turn orange on the outside because the nights don’t get cold enough. So they are oranges, but they are green.

“I’ll have a green please.”

4 Likes

Got some.
https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/planthealth/plant-pest-and-disease-programs/pests-and-diseases/citrus/citrus-greening

1 Like

Interesting. So the natural green masks the unhealthy green? I have scurvy I wouldn’t know.

4 Likes

Hey @Foreigner . Why you be hatin on fruit? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

A tangerine was mean to me in the third grade and I never got over it.

2 Likes

Fruit are good people. I mean good people are fruity. Wait … or something like that. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I don’t know that tangerine was kind of a dick.

3 Likes