Who owns an antique car nowadays?

I had a ford Ranger I liked too . If you like ford . Which you probably don’t . That’s a big motor in a small truck !

I’ve always wanted a 1971 Buick GS 455 stage 1 …I saw one when we were getting high in an alley when I was just a junior in high school and it was a convertible and it needed a new top…an old lady owned it, well her dead husband did and the grandson who was 19 then said she was selling it for 1K…I didn’t have the cash then because I was still in high school, that was in 1981…got this picture from Google

7 Likes

The first brand new car my father bought was a 69 Firebird 350ci . I learned to drive in that car . I think it was like $3600 - 3800 Canadian new back then . I loved that car .

4 Likes

Yeah sounds just about right on the money.

I went with him to the dealership . He haggled like crazy to get wide oval tire option with red pin stripes . lol The car was dark green . The tires looked good !

1 Like

My first car was a 69’ Firebird 350 wish I had it back…been looking for another, love my Poncho’s. 1966 Pontiac Tempest Custom body on restoration about 12 years ago. 462 dual quads 500 HP. A literal barn find I just picked up off one of my construction jobs

for my Grandsons first car. 1965 Chevy C-10, will be getting a 388 stroker, 5” rear drop 3” front, front disc brakes full tubular A arms upper and lower, tubular 4 link rear end.12 bolt 3:55 .

26 Likes

awesome rides, always loved pontiac as well

1 Like

Thats a nice 66.
Pontiacs are the coolest. Style, looks and horsepower.
Still got my 68 GTO with 400 and automatic.

4 Likes

Like the name Chief…had several firebirds over the years. Missed a Joe Dirt 66’ GTO at 16 so getting one was always on the bucket list. Couldn’t pass on the Tempest. High desert Idaho car so it was a great foundation and 99% there. All factory body and frame, one nickel size hole under rocker trim. Did body, paint, interior, motor install(s) myself.

Have 10 years until boy gets license, to get truck done, and Grand needs to EARN it. If his dads lucky it will get done in the next year or so and he may get to drive it for a few years after me and the wife get done with it.

4 Likes

I hated to see GM kill Pontiac line.
I am a big fan of 60s GM cars. We always had one in the family.
Mom had a 64 nova wagon. I learned to drive in a 61 Impala, 348 with 3 on the tree.
Lol Youngsters won’t get that reference . :rofl:

4 Likes

Pickup is a 294 with a tree…we call it the millennial theft deterrent system…remember them fond from my youth, learned to drive on a manual. Tempest is his and hers… less will know what that is…:joy::rofl::joy::metal::sunglasses:

1 Like

Yep. I got the dual gate. Kids love old cars.
I do burn outs for them.

1 Like

Grandson that the trucks for always says do a burnout Pops…daughter helped me on the Pontiac and already has dibs and Grammy wants to use the truck as a shop truck branded with the company logo for a while to bounce around town and drum up business.

Hers my hopes for the truckimage

8 Likes

Awesome truck. Great to pass on the fun things to kids.
I’d rather drive a old truck anyday. :grinning:

3 Likes

You in the idaho area??

This is my biggest regret, traded it in on a full size gmc pickup so I could tow a trailer back home from so. Illinois to Washington st. Should of just packed my clothes and personal stuff and drive it back.

5 Likes

GM made some nice rides over the years. I was a die-hard Chevy guy untill cash for clunkers. The only reason I have a 10 Camaro is the wife wanted it. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I hated the blue oval, but all I’ll buy, American wise, now if it’s 2008 or newer.

5 Likes

No car was on E-bay. Have uncle in Eagle ID that helped make the deal with seller. Had been in a car port covered in junk since 1976

1 Like

Oh okay… have family property in North Idaho. Like 1.5 miles from Canadian boarder

Not antique, but classic… My 87’ brougham backed by 81’ elco

Turtle and the hare

12 Likes