Who did the reveg?

While looking through some threads on here awhile back I came across a pic after harvest, of what looked to have been a heavy femmed plant, big thick branches low, which the poster said they were going to re-veg. It had a few small green leaf nodes left but otherwise was fairly bare. Anyone know who did it? I’m curious as to how it turned out for them since usually re-veg doesn’t produce as much.

2 Likes

Could have been me.

I wouldn’t look to reveg as a way to heavy production. SCROG more better for that. I consider revegging a way to possibly extend the life of the plant, perhaps to evaluate the smoke or keep the possibility of a BX open.
Revegging the base plant is a bit of a dice roll. The earlier in bloom it’s done the better the odds. Also, I don’t think my radical root trim is increasing my odds of success. Revegging flowering clones is a viable alternative if the plant cuts well.

3 Likes

yep, pretty sure that’s the pic I saw. An ‘after-harvest’ cut way back n re-vegged. I tried re-vegging a couple times on plants I’d neglected to get clones off of back in the early 90s. Didn’t like the result, and made sure I always got clones from then on! Was just curious as to how it came out for you… lovely plants, btw.

1 Like

i’ve revegged plants a few times because i was trying to clone without a humidity dome for a year or 2 and just had the shittiest success rates, now with a dome it’s way faster and more successful

2 Likes

To be honest I find clear tubs from wally world the best and they dont break and heavy plastic…much deeper also can get a plant in the clones if you have to:)

Im re vegging right now…the OX is taking forever the skunk 10 days and the NL is catching up fast. Takes time lots of this…LITFA

4 Likes

Hey legalcanada and bandit306, I’m wasn’t saying reveg doesn’t work. I was mentioning that whenever there IS a reveg done, everything I’ve ever seen or even the couple times I tried myself, even though ‘successful’ in the sense that the plant did reveg… the yield was never up to what other plants of the same strain produced.To reveg has good reasons sometimes, like when a person has that plant as the only one of a strain they like, and due to any number of reasons why they don’t have a clone surviving. (been there, done that)
Appreciate your sharing, though, and glad it worked for you. I will note that after the reveg I took clones that produced as expected. I just don’t expect much out of the actual re-vegged plant itself in the way of yield.

1 Like

I’ve had good sucess with reveg. If you are starting with a nice size root ball, a root trimming has helped. I think trimming the roots and putting it back on 18/6 starts new root growth.

Say if you have a 3 gallon pot plant I would trim off the outer first few inches. Then up pot into a 5 gallon.

Yield shouldn’t be effected by a reveg, unless you put it back into flower too soon. Ideally tho, if you liked a girl enough that you’re revegging her, she should just be turned into a mother plant, and cloned ad-infinitum.

I’ve had an idea bouncing around my head on how to speed up a reveg. I’ll throw up a couple pics if you’re interested, lmk.

2 Likes

This has been revegging for a few weeks on 19/5 hrs . Gonna put it outside in June sometime . First time I’ve done this .

4 Likes

Me thoughts on re-vegging… im like its always a better plant its an older-plant and wants to be in flower it knows how to be in flower…and you can get great cuts from it.

1 Like

took clones off her was exactly what I did, and the clones did nicely as far as yield.

1 Like

But I digress, the original question here was just curiosity as to how the reveg of AllOra did with that drastic cut back. Which was answered… :wink:

3 Likes

@Undead-Toker how’s the revegg going bro?

1 Like

Believe it or not things got a bit crazy in more ways than one since I started that. Had to scrap that project and will try and revisit it down the road. Sorry @Mongobongo and @Bullskinner who were interested.
Not hard to do though for those hat want to try, Doesn’t take a lot of vegetation, but as @legalcanada mentioned use a dome. Have to keep the humidity up enough that it doesn’t dry out. As long as it doesn’t get crispy it should come back. Also I wouldn’t transplant until the reveg takes off and then trim the root ball way back.

4 Likes

No big deal Brother, my favorite saying is you just can’t sweat the little shit. Move on to the next project.

1 Like