First Grow, popped in April

Learning to trim:

Nora - Jillybean

2 Likes

Or you could trim them off and use it to make edibles, hash etc…

1 Like

I remove all the fan leaves that I can get to without damaging bud, then I shape the bud to the best of my current artistic ability.
I am saving larf and shaping snips for distillate.

4 Likes

Spit out my drink! :joy:

2 Likes

I remember my first drink.

2 Likes

Laura, maybe some action on the veg growth front as an indoor grow space sprouts up around her.

Decided to let her know where I wanted her to put her attention.

Coming up on comment 200 and I am moving it inside. I will start a new thread.

2 Likes

Well I just now caught up with this thread. Sorry to see your plants afflicted with bud rot.

Whenever you spot what appears to be a limp, discolored or squiffy looking leaf (growing out of bud), give it a little pull …if it comes off/out with little resistance, there is probably rot at the stem and bud closest to stem area from which leaf was removed.
Cut away any infected areas. Over cut a little. Spray the area with H2O2 @ 3% (which may burn the buds close to where rot was). Search and destroy every day as needed. Check plants as early in the AM as possible, bud blight can really spread over night.

Perpetual vigilance.

4 Likes

Sprayed with this yesterday evening.

This morning, no new rot or WPM and suddenly both are redheads! I will break out microscope this afternoon. Are red pistils from the potassium? It’s also cold, 49 this morning. Suddenly considerably colder than it’s been.

Dora - GSCxOaxacan - she filled out in a lovely helix. I wasn’t expecting that. Buds on the branch are hard, they are softening as they dry.

Nora - Jillybean: if she’s ready, looks like there may be plenty of her. If she smokes like Ms Jill’s I will be a happy man.

6 Likes

Tarp awning needs repair. And it’s a blood chilling rain coming down. Brought Nora and Dora into the garage, hope a night of peripheral long light doesn’t stress them too much. I suspect Mother Laura needs the consistency more.

2 Likes

OOH fun with the pink hairs! It’s from the cold…quite a few of my buds make a helix as well

1 Like

Weather is turning pretty hard but today there is :sun_with_face:.

Nora - Jillybean:

I give her two weeks.

Dora - GSCxOaxacan

Maybe three or four if we don’t get frost.

3 Likes

Clone girls, playing in the dirt.
Nora

Dirty Laura

Dora and her little friend

Little friend. She’s marked Laura but she kinda looks like a Nora.

Another (dusty) Laura

5 Likes

Dusty Laura appears to have nannered.

I will be cautious of this ColumbianGoldxPanamaRed (F2) in the future. Produced some stunning plants though.

2 Likes

Turned blue last night.

The first plant to make it to my clothes line whole!

7 Likes

The ColombianGoldxPanamaRed’s seem prone to rot.
I pulled this little beauty up today.

4 Likes

Newb question.
I am planning on letting at least part (less what I harvest in response to rot) of my two remaining girls go until the first frost. Is this a risk given my intention to reveg them as mothers?

The idea here is to get a sense of the difference that more CBN will bring. I am in need of some tools to counter insomnia from skin inflammation and itching. The allergies, if that is what they are, have been severe. Seeing a dermatologist this afternoon.

1 Like

Come winter I will have three more sets (of 5 clumps,

I also started a worm bin. I feel that these things should be combined along with some dirt from my yard and some household items to create a better environment for my next set of OD girls.

Also considering tilling my yard/dirty blackberry garden. Is that sacrilege? Did I hallucinate a “start with a good tilling” phase of No Till?

3 Likes

Honestly, I have to till my veggie patch as I have a major bermuda grass problem. Blackberries are a bitch, you may have to till. My mj beds are living and no till though.

I recommend some barley straw for your wormies though to keep them warm. I buy mine at buildasoil.com

2 Likes

How did the Dermatologist go? I am highly allergic to my cannabis leaves, especially my Botafumeiros plant. Don’t seem to have any problems when I smoke her though. I’m also super allergic to most plants in my garden and my soil. Well whatever tree bark was used to make the soil. Horrible hives and scratching my arms off all through spring and summer. Couldn’t sleep for itching and burning. I got some sort of cream from my doc that helps quite a bit, but I had to use every day I spent in my garden during growing season and it was a lot. Really tore my skin up this year. Cortisone cream and a daily claritin help a lot too

2 Likes

Dora and Nora continue to bask in the Oregon cloudshine. I inspect them a couple of times a day and harvest buds or branches that seem compromised (bud rot, PLM, something I am calling “early dry off”) . They are both on the transparent/milky side of the harvest window.
My plan is to take all but the bottom quarter of Dora when she shows 10% amber.
I will let Nora go a bit longer. I want to see if she becomes a sleep aid as her CBN levels rise.

1 Like