Why do I feel like I'm overlighting my grow?

My tent is bright as hell , way brighter than every other grow I look at is it just me or am I really giving them to much light? I look at my setup and then look at others and they are not as bright as mine but have massive colas and I get little nugs? What is really going on is it a secret or am I doing something wrong?

3 Likes

Well what type of light are you using and what size is your tent?

4 Likes

Was just checking out one grow he was at day 35 flower in a 4×4 and 1single Mars hydro 300 watt quantum and the buds were so huge

I’m using a szhlux 200 watt and 2 150 watt aewonda quantum boards in a 4×4

1 Like

And I can’t turn them up any higher cause I’m out of vertical space

1 Like

30w per sq ft is about right.

Assuming those boards are true to spec.

5 Likes

Like mine is totally lit up and others have dim areas and still huge buds a

I would like to think the issue will come down to the lights not being up to the task at hand for your growing needs.

3 Likes

Yes I don’t know those brands and so am immediately suspicious.

2 Likes

So your saying they aren’t intense enough to get the results I’m looking for?

Is there such thing as bright as hell but not intense?

I know I had similar issues when I first started growing. I was using less-expensive lights and the final yield would suffer. Once I switched to a better lights things changed.

Just because it is bright does not means it is better. In Veg your plants need a light that puts out a good amount of blue light in it spectrum. Once in flowering it needs red light in the spectrum.

5 Likes

I’m saying 500w of quality LEDs are about right for your space. But they often lie. Do a little digging and you may find they are not what they say. Especially if your buds are not up to snuff.

2 Likes

There’s also the possibility of genetics or user error.

1 Like

I guess I don’t understand why others can get great results with a light that cannot output the amount of photons as I am and actually have low light areas in the tent but still have amazing results.

1 Like

Do you have any pics?

Spread was one of the main reasons I chose my light. It’s 240w in a 2x4

I don’t worry too much about red/blue but it’s something to think about.

5 Likes

The pic is a bit blurry and there are maybe a few small issues going on but it looks like what you’re growing is going to be small dense nugs, which is fine.

Are you sure you’re not comparing them to huge fluffy sativas?

Also, get Photone. It’ll give you the real info you need.

4 Likes

I have photone just the beta app and it helped me with the coverage but my phone isn’t Good enough for accurate readings

1 Like

Also note that there is a lot of very low canopy space which makes an impact. The top buds are big.

Overall though, perhaps a little more aggressive canopy management, they look good.

Yeah you kind of need an iPhone and to pay for it to make it work right.

1 Like