Would anyone listen to an OG based podcast-TheOGBudCast

As the title states. After featuring on a mates podcast the other day regarding music and some social issues. It got me thinking. How many times have you sat there and thought. You know what I’d love to get a proper spoken insight into what’s going on. Theres a good many people on here and the knowledge shared is always 10/10.
But sometimes I’d rather be listening than reading. (Like headphones on and drown out the outside world whilst learning about my favourite things)

I’m in a position where I could and actually do want to produce a cannabis related podcast. And would love guest speakers from this forum to speak up on topics close to their situation. Varying it every week. From soil building recipes from the kings and queens of organics. To grow room design and equipment chatter. Medical use. legalisation and prohibition in different parts of the world. It’s very much illegal where I am and can carry a sentence of upto 10 years although that’s rare. Personal growers are more likely to get community and supervision orders.

What and who would you guys like to talk about/to. Tag them.

Would you be happy to speak to this mancunian ejit on air? The podcast station I’m looking at has the ability to patch in 2 callers at the same time.

This could be the gabapentin for my back making me think it’s a good idea. But thought I would ask for some clarity from you guys.

Stay safe, stay high
MCR

45 Likes

I’ve been told I have a face for radio and I could maybe come up with something interesting to say.

24 Likes

Yes, I would totally listen to an Overgrow podcast. I discovered that when I find an enjoyable podcast, it’s a format of learning and entertainment that I really enjoy. I look forward to new episodes of The Potcast, Breeders Syndicate, and even the icmag one that Gypsy has recently interviewed the likes of Soma and Sam in this newer podcast format.

An Overgrow podcast with contributions from the community here would be wonderful. It’s top notch in terms of online communities in my opinion, and a podcast birthed out of that would surely be a benefit and bring value to many. Wishing you the best in your podcast endeavors. Much love

11 Likes

I’ve been told I’ve got a face not even a mother could love :joy: you always have interesting stuff to say and I would gladly chat back. I like your humour. Is dark init :sunglasses::upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I have a face many mothers love, just not my own… :joy:

We’ve got a lot of very skilled folks on here with, I’m sure, some very neat things to say.

7 Likes

Thank you for the kind words first of all. And if we had one listener lined up that tells me it’s worth doing. For the folks not too happy to talk on the phone etc. This thread could be a place where folks can suggest a topic to be featured etc. I know not everyone is confident/comfortable speaking live. I only just found out I have a hidden confidence there by going joining my mate the other day. Much love to you too :green_heart:

That makes 2 of us but if yours is like mine it’s no loss. Let’s save our mummy issues for a live show though. Give the listeners a laugh :joy:

We certainly have. Theres many that I would love to sit down. Smoke and shoot the breeze with. But distance is a big factor. This seems a good in between though :thinking:

5 Likes

I would listen in for sure

2 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses: gonna name it TheOGBudcast. I’ll do some background work the next week or 2. Will update here as I go bro

7 Likes

I don’t take listen to much in the way of podcasts, but I’d give it a shot 🤷🏻

2 Likes

I haven’t listened to many podcasts in general, but I would for sure if it was OG related.

2 Likes

Yes, I would tune in to check it out! I would hope all true OG’s would at least give it a chance. :sunglasses::+1::v:

1 Like

The ONLY problem I have with a podcast is this. -

I think we all tend to get focused on our own way of thinking and often get caught in the rut of popular opinion. The thing I have always loved about The OG is its diversity. It allows you the freedom to explore new avenues and ways of doing things at your pace with little pressure to ‘keep up’. Having the vast majority of OG RESOURCES located on the OG allows users to expand their knowledge and personal relationships to a much fuller balance than a podcast alone.

I agree the amount of personal knowledge and experience on this site is nothing short of outstanding and I fully agree that the amount of talent present is off the charts. While I think a podcast would be a nice addition (if hosted here) and an added benefit to the community. I would really hate to see it become ‘her’ or ‘his’ podcast on The OG. The OGBudCast has a nice ring to it. YouTube Channel maybe?

15 Likes

I will like it to listen it as a “radio” while i’m transplanting. With known “faces” in bonus, can be fun.

6 Likes

First topic suggestion:, tricks or epiphanies you learned from others on og

Or rotating group of “casters”? Like a pass the mic thing?

4 Likes

I fully agree that it could become a his type of thing if done in the wrong way. My thinking is the subject matters could be discussed in a thread like this. And then fitted into a show.
I see a lot of people do some magical stuff here. Living soil etc fascinates me but trying to read about it I get lost. If it was verbal or visual learning I’m sure I could take it in much better. Quite a lot would be opinion based if we had any phone calls or the like naturally. But that’s very much the same when its written. The entire thing would be community based. I would just be the medium. The idea of a YouTube channel I like too. So kind of record the podcast recording? I appreciate your input there massively :sunglasses:

I don’t particularly but I like the written voice of this community, so I think a verbal and maybe visual extension of that would be good.

It would likely be the only one I listened to even if it wasnt me wanting to do it. I’m a music man usually and spend a fair amount of time reading. But that’s hard when you got kids running riot sometimes :joy:

That’s the kind of attitude we like. I’d hope many of the true OG’s would speak up. Give their tips. The likes of @Mr.Sparkle and @ReikoX work has helped my growing more than you could imagine.

Its always fun chatting to you fuel. Hows the jag coming along brother?

As I mentioned above. Reikox and mr.sparkle have been most my inspiration over the years. And many others too.

I think that’s everyone replied to :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Might get me to listen to podcasts. My son tried to get me to listen to a true crime podcast and it was more about who was sponsoring as opposed to the subject crime. I understand ads generate revenue but if I feel I’m listening to more ads than content I’ll just not listen

3 Likes

All parts landed … since two weeks :rofl: Trying to whip the commercial releases in the crop for now, “one war at a time or you lost all battles”. But can’t wait to drive like a lord again ^^

Trying to resist to my inner evil too, but i think i’m doomed. Cardio, punching ball and weighted hands are on the planning already. Catch you later on it where you know ;o)

1 Like

Im 100% in as long as @DougDawson is the first guest.
This a cool idea and i think it would be awesome.

6 Likes

If it did get to the point there was enough listeners to generate revenue. (Which I’m doubting but who knows?) They would certainly have to be related to the cannabis industry and trusted companies or it would be a flat out refusal. It’s not about money though. It’s purely an extension of the community in my mind. You can always use an adblocker too brother to avoid those pesky ads :sunglasses: cos I feel you on that front. Nothing worse than getting into a song and then an advert for tampons or some nastiness comes on :joy:

1 Like

I absolutely agree. I would love a chat with @DougDawson he should qualify as member of the decade now :sunglasses:

2 Likes