X18 Outcrosses (Test Thread)

The 88G13/HP ( ‘1888’ ) above :arrow_up:, still has a couple/few weeks to go…

My Nigerian Haze #1 , still giving it another week, i had to take the kola off my Haze #2 due to potential mold, caught it just in time…

The Stardawg cross is the one at the back right and the ‘1888’ is on the left… each plant had the lowest buds dusted with g13/HP male pollen and there is seeds growing in each of them… snapped a small stem ages ago and stuck it in soil, ditto with the Stardawg, so I also have clones of the 1888 and the Stardawg crosses…
No hermies so far and all will be done within two weeks…
Smells dank as fk…! Smoking a sample of the N.Haze i took and it’s nice :+1:, though when they are chopped and dried I’ll know more…
Thanks for looking…
Gaz

7 Likes

Nice…i realy like the structure and body of the X18…i think ill plant a few of mine and hope they mimick yours…

All bud :+1:
Those look like some winners :trophy:

1 Like

Cheers mate… i only veg’d em for 20 odd days and flipped em… yeah the Stardawg x X18 is ALL bud and the g13/HP has the thickest pistils and is all Cola too… i even like the Nigerian Haze x X18, though im gonna chase Amber trichs on that one.
So far no hermies so it could have been the Lemon Tree- that hermied on @Kalgrae and yourself.?!
Anyway im quite happy with the quality of this stuff, smells dank and is sticky to the touch… cheers @buryseeds
Talk soon @Scissor-Hanz ,
Gaz

1 Like

I had both the Lemon Tree and Strawberry Fields crosses do a little early intersexing. So I had to cull them from my garden. But in optimal conditions, they may have been just fine.

1 Like

All,

Work has been hell the last few months, my apologies for being MIA!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank @Scissor-Hanz, @Kalgrae, @Gaz29, @Calyxander, @pookie123, hopefully I didn’t miss anyone, but if I did, you know I’m grateful to you as well! I think we got a good little sampling of some of what can be seen in this line and in the outcrosses, so I’m happy; I especially am looking forward to see how @Calyxander X18s turn out. In my convos with some old heads from Humboldt, I’ve been pretty much convinced that there’s nothing wrong with the line; especially when grown indoors, those guys witness a lot of strains hermie that are usually rock-solid outside. It’s just a consequence of outdoor breeding, some genotypes of certain strains acclimatize better than others, that’s just Nature at work. So those we have seen some examples of intersex in the outcrosses, I’ve been told it’s nothing to be too concerned about and to just target the stable ones for further propogation indoors. But either way, that’s the end of this line for now; I’m going to keep the majority of this stock for in-house hunting, though I’ll likely let some packs out selectively to people I know will do them justice and try to find something good, but as far as any official releases, I have no plans to do any from this line. What I do plan on doing at some point in the future is another large hunt of the pure X18, to find an apple-male and apple-female pairing that I can use to create a stable, apple-based line of the pure X18 and see if that has the potential for an official release, but that won’t be for at least another year or two. For now, we are moving forward with the XXX OG x Mandelbrot Oil Spill male I’ve been stressing and testing for the past several months, currently finishing up a lot of outcrosses with him, on top of what I plan on being our signature cross for our first official release.

Lastly, it’s only right that I get in on the show myself! I have a Fields Corner pheno and an X18 pheno that I have selected, revegged, stressed, cloned, and am now putting the Gen1 clones into flower for a full cycle. They’re both rock solid, and I am looking forward to posting up progress on those girls as they progress. So stay tuned! And thank you all for stopping by :v:

6 Likes

@buryseeds it’s a pleasure to be able to test your work. Thanks for the opportunity. Still have a few packs waiting. The Lemontree ended up spitting bananas, but the wife says it’s a nice smoke. (Left town during harvest, still gone, not smoked yet).

But…this lil gal started showing pistils, so she’s in some dirt in the foothills of the Sierras. Other three are holding out showing sex. Most likely they’ll meet soil too if they’re female, but a few clones are gonna be tested for mother material. Having a solid indica heavy strain in the stable will be nice.

Thanks again @buryseeds

3 Likes

I can tell you this, I abused the hell out of the X-18 x Starfighter plants! That is why I did not post many pics out of embarrassment… But, The fact they were abused actually might help prove that they were not to hermy prone… They still have about a week or so to go, but I did sample a small lower bud from one of the runt plants and found 1 seed in that bud so It threw a couple nanners I guess but nothing noticable! I have 5 plants and don’t notice any nanners on them… So given they were abused with fluctuating light cycles and such it is a good sign I reckon… I will post some bud shots when they are complete however, They are just so ugly and weak and abused I am embarrassed to show any pics of the plants… But like I said at least one thing good is that they were abused and did not hermie like crazy, so that is one good thing I guess… So I guess it could be considered a good test to see if they are hermie prone being they were abused and seem,ed to fare well for the most part…:slight_smile:

Nice looking plant there @Kalgrae is it guerrilla growing your up to.? You should try @buryseeds 1888’ , i have one female (with the thick as fk pistils) and a Stardawg x X18 both just under 3 ft ( no training done.) and the two Nigerian Hazes
Here’s a pic or two of the plants :arrow_heading_down:

Left in pic is the 1888’ and on the right is Stardawg-( i actually took the top from the Stardawg about 10 days ago and all these shoots are popping up as it finishes) prob another week max then out comes the Haze and Stardawg , another 10/14? days for the 88G13/HP (aka 1888’)…
I stressed them all twice by leaving my lights on an extra 6 hours and 3/4 hours and I just let them get 12hours of darkness straight away each time so I’ve kinda stress tested these as well lol…

This , :arrow_up_small:the Nigerian Haze #1 is getting very resinous, i could take it now but im waiting on more Amber trics…
Anyway thanks @buryseeds for letting me test these dank smelling plants…
Happy growing guys ,
Gaz

1 Like

…On purpose?

1 Like

Nah mate i just forgot to turn em off…! I have timers but im up every morning for school etc… i had two plugs to turn off and forgot about the other TWICE , but that was nrly 3 weeks ago… all seems well, no noticeable signs of hermies…tho the Stardawg threw out the kinda round leaves ( as if it mini re-vegged so to speak ), but apart from that they look :eyes:fine…
I will update again soon…
Gaz

1 Like

Hey @pookie123 i would like to see your ‘ugly’’ plants , especially the hermies as that’s why we test - to show the good bad AND ugly especially if the plants have hermied- it will help @buryseeds’ …

@pookie123 mate will you show us your soon to be chopped plants :seedling:…? Could it be that you stressed it to herm on you…plus the seed coulda came from your hermie…?
I don’t think I’ve seen any of your plants yet, no need to be embarrassed bud…
here’s my update (again lol.)…
My Nigerian Haze #1:arrow_lower_right:

My 1888’ ( 88G13/HP) cross …:arrow_heading_down: on the left and on the right side (both taller plants :seedling:), is the N.Haze #1… plus a mix of other plants…

1888’ cross :arrow_heading_down:.

Stardawg ix cross on left side and 1888’ on the right…:arrow_double_up:.
Happy growing guys
Gaz

Edit /Thurs 14th June 18’ ; here’s a pic of my Nigerian Haze at nrly 60 days… ( i trimmed most fan leaves :fallen_leaf:)

I coulda let it go some more but it’s a resinous girl and trics were all cloudy v.few amber though…
Cheers

4 Likes

These @buryseeds X-18 were in a field with 60 other seedlings. Today I moved and fertilized them because some were overgrowing their neighbors and starving for nutrition from the growth spurt. Now they will go out into the sunshine :sunny: They are ugly today, but they’ll be green in a day or two. The super-vigorous one is gonna be a male anyway :grin:

3 Likes

Hey Gaz,
I know you are looking for very sedating strains. Well I find if you leave most indica/hybrid strains flowering for a couple 2-3 extra weeks, it makes it VERY stony/sedative. Leave one till it’s 50% amber and test the difference yourself.

2 Likes

My larger X18, as of yesterday.

7 Likes

Hey @Scissor-Hanz ,
Mate, I am doing this with the g13/HP (1888’) and Stardawg IX crosses bud… i took the Nigerian Hazes mainly coz they were older than the other two and trics were all cloudy @60 days…
But im still finding I’ve no space I’ve also taken my @LED_Seed’s Kimbo Kush- very resinous but hardly any aroma as yet, early daze still got to dry and cure them, but early testing of the Nigerian Haze is it’s nice., tho too early to know for sure what it’ll be like, - i have a few bottom buds on each X18 cross with some pollen from the 88g13/HP male i took some pollen from… and a cut each of the Stardawg IX and the g13/HP …
Anyway I also have lotsa seedlings/plants (i know a few obviously) which I DID’NT Label, i kinda go by memory ( which is fading quickly lol…) I will find out what’s what when they’re bigger :+1:
Anyway I’ll be sure to see lots of Amber on the last two before I harvest, they’re both roughly 34" of bud- 2 big Kolas lol…
Hope all is well @Scissor-Hanz

Those X18 seedlings of yours have fkn massive leaves :fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf: and yes no doubt the big yin will be a male lol… what light is it you veg with bud.? Always big fk off seedlings i see from you…

So back outside tomorrow and that’s them til done.?
I won’t be able to crack my X18 ibl til winter maybe but i will run them.
Happy growing
Gaz

2 Likes

1888’ still got a wee bit to go…

Close up af the Stardawg IX cross :arrow_up_small:

The 1888 with a week or so to finish…
Gaz

5 Likes

Beautiful buds u got there! Like wow, do let us now how she tastes when she’s ready.

2 Likes

Thanks Gaz’ :smile:
I like T-5’s for small veg plants. So I can keep them very close to the bulbs without roasting them (1" away).

2 Likes

Haven’t been home in a bit so I can’t give my smoke report, but the wife is liking it. She claims it tastes nothing like it smelled while growing. My advice was to be patient and burp the jar daily. I hope she doesn’t burn it all before I get a taste.:grin: Lemontree x X18

My mom is taking care of this one for my dad in their back yard as well as five others of different origins. She’s absolutely beautiful. (Mom and plant!)

:scorpion:

7 Likes