X18 Outcrosses (Test Thread)

@buryseeds that’s not the best :lemon::evergreen_tree: news, but oh well…win some lose some. I’ve got vertical space so anything you know likes to stretch would be fine.

I’ll PM you. As far as sending seeds, I just repacked a bunch because of issues with thickness. Keeps postage low too.

Time to cull. Cheers

1 Like

I was with you and the wishful thinking @Scissor-Hanz. Just for times’ sake it would always be nice to cull sooner. :wink:

Not running LEDs. It’s a 14 bulb DIY floro fixture I put together. That and music. Probably remove a couple bulbs because it seems almost too intense for fluorescents. Too close and the tops start to get waffled and crispy. Like they can’t expend moisture. That’s what I think at least.

4 Likes

I’d be confident ordering from Canada. Tracked your testers right to my door. Quick style too. The paperclips worked like a charm.

1 Like

Hi @buryseeds, I thank you for your excellent offer and will shoot you a pm. I’m sure your int’ mailing will get better with time - we’re ALL at the mercy of baggage handlers & rollers at Sorting Offices etc.! ( btw : seeds are legal here in UK - just illegal to wet them lol.)
Much appreciated bud…

@Kalgrae bud sorry to hear of your males … but @buryseeds will, im sure send you some more as mentioned above :arrow_up: , I’m sure you’ll have better luck next time…
And I like the floro’s in your cab, have you flowered under them, or is it your veg area…?
Gaz

3 Likes

wow @Gaz29 sorry for your luck m8 thats shite!

1 Like

They look amazing. Mines really look like that too , their just a bit shy lol. I wish. A_MAZING

2 Likes

@Gaz29 I made the best of the situation… :grin: The last girl standing is looking really pretty though so no complaints. She has a nice aroma to her. Both of these males really had strong pungent smells. The 50/50 chance running regular photoperiod seeds is just part of the process, so I’m cool with it. I actually really enjoy it. I find a lot of solitude when I’m hanging out with anything I’m growing.

The floros are in a make-ass-shift-room in the garage for the time being. I think they are definitely strong enough to flower under. May just put another one together since I have the materials. And…turns out my “friend” wanted more from the deal for using the monster LED he was lending me. So I gave it back, which means there isn’t much of a choice for me right now but to run them.

2 Likes

Didn’t you keep a stud @Kalgrae, and is there one female left ?

I too sometimes sit and ‘hang out’ with my plants :seedling: lol… glad you have a female bro.
Wishing you well for the next round… Happy growing,
Gaz

2 Likes

this is the soil thiat I use.seems to be good .its a bio \ biz mix . x… a few seedlings xx

2 Likes

@Gaz29 I put the last LTxX18 male in the box under 12/12 for several days, for no real reason other than it I didn’t have enough soil to transplant it, then randomly decided to just remove it the other day. I have some other seeds from folks on here and hopefully some more testers from @buryseeds to pop soon. most likely I’ll pull some clones from this lonely LTxX18 female. She smells real nice for her young age.

Sending some positive thoughts your direction for higher ratios. :seedling: :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Ok I finally put my plants under some LED’s though I still have not transplanted them into my 5g smart pots yet, but I will in the next day or two. aLso i have. Some old CREE 3070 COBS. THAT I PLAN TO ADD TO MY CURRENT LEDS… 10 of them actually at 2700k to help with flowering so ill probably add them in the next few weeks.
Heres a few crappy pics of the abused plants that only had 80w of flouros and half gallon pots. Atleast they are under good light now.
I guess i will veg a little longer than normal to try and get them to fill in as they are very lanky from the abuse I gave them. Given the circumstances they are doing ok I guess. I know the pics are poor and look like Blurple but it’s not, It’s actually 4500-5000k white and Royal blues making it look bluple…

6 Likes

They are looking good, @pookie123
Don’t be afraid to hack them back, if they are gonna be too tall.

1 Like

I removed the terminal bud on mine to encourage lateral growth. Still under 90W Fluorescent. Preparing to flip to 12/12 any day now. Then they will go under 1000W hps.

This is the Fields Corner Kush (below)
-wet spots are from spray application of nematodes.

6 Likes

So, straight from flouresent to 1000hps.

How far above the canopy do you set the sun, Icarus?

4 Likes

As close as possible. Under 12" in winter time when cold air is plentiful.

3 Likes

A whole other world.

I was thinking much further at first, lol.

I would come back in the morning to find clone-sicles, lol.

1 Like

Oh I wouldn’t do that with a cutting either. I usually already have them well rooted in a 3.5" pot before going under HIDs.
Buryseed’s tester are already in a 2gal, begging for more lumens.

2 Likes

As long as they can finish outdoor, I can, legal medical grow too.

Actually I have topped them twice already… I might end up doing some supercropping of the top branches though.:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Teehee! Excellent! Blah,blah,blah

2 Likes