"Yes, I really do need all these plants." šŸ¤£ Autoflowers, photoperiods, bugs, breeding, & a Humboldt heirloom (journal)

Received my package today. Thank you!

11 Likes

I think it was @pharmerfil that took her to 100.

Great job friend. :smiley:

7 Likes

Helldiverā€™s 2

1 Like

Yes, Helldiverā€™s 2, and the enemy side can be thrips, spider mites, and scale insects. :rofl:

@Rogue Oh wow! How did I miss that art? :heart_eyes: Itā€™s delightful! A geared up Rainā€¦ maybe needs weapons? And maybe an explosion of some sort? :laughing: I do thoroughly enjoy fantasy world violence. :grin::rofl:

Or maybe some science gear and pruning tools to gear up for plants :wink:

Did either of you (or anyone) ever read Alan Deam Fosterā€™s book Mid-Flinx? Lovely botany world of absolutely deadly plants. I love me some clever killer plants stories. :seedling:

I have been under the weather this week for sure. Feeling better now though!

4 Likes

Thereā€™s already enough violence in the worldā€¦
The only way the wars will end is if we focus on peace and healing instead of filling our minds with what we wouldnā€™t want to happen to usā€¦

4 Likes

Truth for the desire to hurt others, but fantasy violence doesnā€™t seem to have impacted my own desire for peace. Iā€™d never hurt a soul or even bug except in defense, and even then I hurt just killing bugs.

I have to rely on intellectual knowledge to even begin to comprehend how people can be unkind and selfish and still live with themselves, let alone how they hurt and kill and war mostly over things where it seems to me they could just let other people live their own diverse lives.

The world could be such a paradise if all the resources put into war even just since 1900 had gone into improvements instead of wrecking things and people.

At the same time as I have a heart for peace and love, I really enjoy paintball, lasertag, and combat and explosions in role playing games, board games, video games, books, and movies. I donā€™t know how that dichotomy functions. Our brains are fascinating.

OverGrow the world. More weed, more love.

13 Likes

Paintball is a blast so much fun.

2 Likes

Maybe thatā€™s what we need for a local IRL meetup :laughing:
This place is awesome and can be rented for private events - https://maps.app.goo.gl/LNkMWkVX2Wn6vKHz9

2 Likes

Yea that would be an excellent venue for a get together

2 Likes

We are kindred bruddaā€™s thenā€¦ I got a BB gun from a friend once living on base in Alabamaā€¦ cans, bottles or targetsā€¦ then it happened. I shot a little bird. The eagle eye in me celebrated brieflyā€¦ then reality hit me as the tiny robin fell to the leaf covered ground with a pimpfā€¦ they donā€™t weigh much so no thudā€¦ lol.
It tore me the F upā€¦ Iā€™m still a bit prejudice against Ants, wasps etcā€¦ but Iā€™ve never hunted and never will unless Iā€™m starving and itā€™s no choice, but for sport, to hang an animal head on my wall isnā€™t in meā€¦

Hitler executed anyone caught smoking weed, he called it the Love Drug and said it made you kind to othersā€¦ it was well known he ran his army on Methā€¦ every soldier took a meth pill with their breakfast and good old Adolf began his day with a Cocaine Meth shot cocktailā€¦ so, was he just tweekingā€¦

7 Likes

Hope you are feeling better @RainToday
I know I am :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Thank you so much.
Iā€™ll definitely tag ya when they drop.
Appreciate you :pray:

Looks like you have a budding young artist on your hands šŸ«¶

5 Likes

Itā€™s rained today in my mailbox!:joy:. Thanks @raintoday seeds landed.

7 Likes

:seedling:Update:

Doing their job beautifully are the ladybugs. I saw a brown scale today, theyā€™ve been gone for months. Argh. I have surrendered. Just under $20 a month will get me a constant supply of ladybugs. They never exterminate the pests, but they do keep them under control well enough that with healthy plants my grow does just fine.

On the plus side, what Iā€™ve been reading about epigenetics suggests that seeds from my plants which have experienced pests will produce more resistant plants.

Sometimes thereā€™s a clear winner, but here in the Awoken Dragons I think thereā€™s only a clear loser. I think the one on the right with yellow leaves is actually just unhappy because its run out of nutrients and needs transplanted. Itā€™s roots sew the most impressive, and I bet its going to be at least as awesome as the middle plant. The itty bitty one is the one I had to help emerge, itā€™s stayed very small and slow growing. Unless I hear a reason not, Iā€™m going to feed it to the worms (along with a bunch of other rejects from other projects) and up pot the winners.
@OnePassionateGrower

Next up, the Zamaldelica Express F4 mom got all the top parts chopped off. Nearly all those seeds were mature, and she was actually making some fresh pistils on them.
This way the lower parts will finish up, and if she feels like a bit of a reveg then once the rest of the seeds are gone I can hit her with some other pollen.

Here are some F5 Zams growing already - I culled the stunted one. Something about that soil is off for sure.

Mimosa from @Ris in 2 gallon pots. Nice bushy structure, no training, just did some leaf tucking yesterday & fertilized the yellow one a couple days ago. Planning to up pot and send to flower soon. Donā€™t want too many things blooming at once, but there is a size limit too. :laughing: @Ris any idea how big theyā€™ll get if I send to bloom in a month from a 7 gallon pot? :joy:

Next up, the Woodrose 28 x Grapefruit are looking lovely. Very uniform, nice stinky stem rubs. Thereā€™s two here in front in 2 gallon pots, and the large grow bag has 12 girls moved directly from stunted and suffering in solos to crowded, fertilized, and 12/12. They seem quite happy now. Looking to make single colas each. The chosen winners of this cross based on size and vigor turned out to be more than half females.

This is my ā€œtestā€ bloomer, it was supposed to be a chocolate Thai cake auto from Nukeheads. Its a gorgeous plant, but not an auto. I messaged them, no response in over a month, so :-1: from me for them. It smells distinctly of rotten peaches.

16 Likes

Get a couple of Mantisā€¦

2 Likes

Sounds familiar :expressionless:

2 Likes

@Jhamersburg I was looking at them, a bit worried about keeping them fed, and here they come in egg cases only, which means hundreds. My mother and brother are pretty tolerant about escaped ladybugs, mantises might be a bit much. Theyā€™re spectacularly cute when tiny, and smart and gorgeous though. Might have to try some. Iā€™ve got beneficial mites around too.

Next up, the Lemon Pie Auto x Ciskei sativa are looking like theyā€™ve done their first stretch and are ready for real flowering. Iā€™ve appreciated this thread from @Upstate greatly, and have been up potting more gradually than I would have otherwise. They are in 2g pots right now. Next up I plan to move them to 7g or 10g final pots and into the greenhouse for full flowering. Expecting they will stay under 5ā€™ for me at this point.

I have 3 gorgeous Beast Mode regs going strong now from @Carty and plan to add a few more now that Iā€™m sure I know what made them happy. (KIS new soil)

And hereā€™s a future girlfriend of theirs :wink:

The Afghani autos are finally happy with me @Kasper0909 so I think weā€™ll see some nice girls. This little one is a trooper though, and the male is dumping a little pile of pollen. I forgot a photo, and Maui says not to get up so no pic of the boy today.

19 Likes

Looking great Rain :cloud_with_rain: no worries on Mother Nature
she really is a fair one. Feel free to cull away anything that doesnā€™t suit your gardens needs.
Those dragons get a crazy stem rub smell real early on let me know when some smells do arise. Your
Garden is always looking fantastic keep up the great work. Best of luck with the new projects you have going on as well. :call_me_hand:t2: :100:

5 Likes

Looking good! Even that stunted lookin happy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Lol!! Just potted them up, and found out why that one of the awoken dragons was so much happier - it had sunk a nice root into the soil below :rofl:

5 Likes

These plants definitely have a mind of their own
:crazy_face: You do an awesome job at taming that jungle you have there. :100: :wink: :palm_tree: :evergreen_tree: :deciduous_tree: :sparkles:

5 Likes