Zephyr grows and creates

I’m gardening with those little woodlice rolly polies as well. I find them scuttling through the woody debris and rummaging through the compost I put in the ground. The report is they are the only land based crustacean and they taste like… umm piss. I think they like to eat the alfalfa meal I used on the no till beds. Only time they irritate me is when I find them inside a potato, the little buggers.

5 Likes

gauva F recent harvest vapor report-

I needed indica meds asap so I vaporized these in the volcano as soon as they were fully dry. Most will be processed into live resin concentrate which is the fastest way I know to go from fresh plants to finished meds.

I kept about an eighth of each.

The red F on the left seems to be the offspring of the same male as f2 B#2 from my previous guava harvest and in-cross breeding project. Possibly the male that had red pollen pods based on the red coloration. Smells like onions like all the F, but it also has a hint of artificial / cleaning fluid sweetness and smoky smell similar to the B#2.

I vaporized this one a few days ago. I was feeling really sick, so I can’t really tell you about the high on this one.

But it really helped with my muscular condition symptoms. I was having worse muscle symptoms than I have had in a few years, no coordination ability, weakness, shaking, and spasms. After vaporizing it all afternoon, I was back to my normal level of function.

The guava is a really special line for muscular conditions and muscle healing.

The one on the right has a slightly louder smell, and appears to be the offspring of a different male. I really like the smell of this one. The most prominent smells are intense lightly cooked garlic, and white rice. There is also an acrid black coffee smell. Very nice.

Hitting this with the volcano, the rice and garlic flavors really carry through in the vapor as well as some additional sweet floral notes. Kind of like garlic and jasmine tea, and a pot of white rice cooking on the stove. Started with a slight rush, and then transitioned smoothly into a nice relaxing high.
(edit: after hitting it all afternoon, it is particularly psychoactive and very enjoyable.)

Good medicinal properties, this is definitely managing my muscular symptoms effectively.

Now that they are both completely shucked, I would estimate there are upwards of 350 seeds from each of these. I think this could be useful because the one medicinal quality that the guava lacks is migraine relief, and the maple leaf has proven to be an excellent medical strain for migraines.

16 Likes

It’s great that the plants are providing the medicine that you need.

6 Likes

lebanese guava harvest:

Not bad for a couple of reveg monsters. reveg definitely made them extra leafy, but I’ll get plenty of cannabis juice which will be very helpful medicinally. I also know that they are very sexually stable even after reveging and power outages interrupting their flowering photoperiod. I think this lebanese guava will be a useful line.

the resin content is a nice increase from the pure lebanese. It has a nice complex classic lebanese smell, with melon sweetness, hints of tart red berry, aromatic celery and licorice herbal smells, and slight pepperiness and woodiness. The guava b mother’s influence has made the smell sweeter than pure lebanese.

There is additional larf from the reveg process. interestingly it looks a lot like an occasional pheno with open foxtail structure buds that shows up occasionally in the the pure lebanese line. It’s kind of like the reveg made it express different lebanese traits under stress.

I harvested these on sunday, and trimmed the fan leaves off on monday. They are drying whole with sugar leaves intact for a slow drying process. These are lightly seeded with an accidental pollination from the sensi seeds maple leaf indica.

one plant is a totem, and the other has additional branching but still forms a single wide cola. The tips of the buds are extremely dense, but surrounded with some reveg larf. I am happy with this harvest for the small size of the plants. These whole plants are about the length of a forearm, elbow to wrist.

Here are photos of the plants on 16" by 9" baking sheets for scale.

totem

branching pheno (sorry about the blurry pictures)

14 Likes

My volunteer outdoor plants which sprouted naturally in spring from dropped seeds were transplanted today and will be given to a local gardener who is interested in learning to grow cannabis.

One in particular was looking really nice, it would cost at least $70 for a clone that size from a dispensary here. they were all lebanese and lebanese hybrids, obviously we can’t be sure exactly what each one is but they will all be good medicine.

This will be their second grow. On their first grow they grew a beautiful pure lebanese in their untended organic ornamental garden. We are going to identify and cull the males for them to help keep things simple for their first grow with more than one plant.

9 Likes

Maple Leaf Indica update-

Here is another photo of the seeded sensi maple leaf indica. Not a whole lot going on aside from the seeds.

The resin is greasy not sticky, It has a really nice cantaloupe and lemon smell, with an odd baking soda type note that is almost salty.

Very effective migraine relief. So effective that it makes me realize that most of the time I am just tolerating a lot of pain in my head. It’s nice to have some actual relief from constant migraine symptoms, and that along makes this a worthwhile line for me.

The high is subtle, not intense. It is pleasant and noticeable, very very clear headed and offers transparent pain relief without introducing other sensations. I am not sure what a recreational smoker would think of this line, but I really appreciate the migraine relief and the flavor.

It will be very interesting to grow this cut to its full potential sinsemilla.

The maple leaf seeded mother was never particularly happy with its soil. As usual, I made no particular efforts to change the environment or soil. Most plants in my organic no till soil can adjust the ph and nutrient availability within their root zones to suit their needs. With my grow method I make the plants do all the hard work.

The maple leaf was not able to self regulate as well as other plants in my garden.

You can really see this in the maple leaf clones. For comparison, here are a couple maple leaf clones transplanted from solo cups into 5 gallon pots under 12/12. These are performing much like the original maple leaf female from seed.

(haha forgive me for this one. it’s so sad…)

And this is what the maple leaf looks like when it is reaching its full potential. As you can see, it is more vigorous, the leaves are larger, and in general, it looks more similar to the maple leaf male than the expression we saw from the maple leaf female the first time around.

There are two differences here. The first is that this pot got 2 weeks of veg time after the clone was planted instead of the cutting getting transplanted directly into 12/12.
The important difference is that this is actually three small cuttings that all rooted in the same solo cup. With three root systems instead of one, the maple leaf was able to alter its root zone environment and PH much more effectively. If I were to read into this, I would say the maple leaf might perform very well in hydro, and that it is a bit more finicky in organics, or at least more sensitive to PH than the average plant grown in organic soil.

I have some fresh pollen filters set up. I am going to pollinate the flowering tent with Snowhigh Vietnam Da Lat from @YoBigdaddy. I will be trying to keep this healthy maple leaf sinsemilla, and fully pollinate the little maple leaf clones.

21 Likes

Here are the two guava F females which I will be pollinating with the Da Lat. I will be trying to keep the top apical colas sinsemilla and fully pollinate all the lower buds. The buds are coming in quick and dense as usual for the guava.

They made a sudden leap in maturity last week, I hope my timing is ok. They have a ton of pollination sites and no burnt pistils, so I think I should be right on the money if I start pollinating tomorrow morning.

Here is a nice upright guava F much like F#1 from the last round of pure guava breeding-

and here is a nice branchy guava F with less apical dominance-

these two are sharing a 7 gallon pot.

16 Likes

I really like the way those Guavas look. Excited to see how that Da Lat pollination and subsequent growing of those seeds turns out, too. It just sounds like a great match.

5 Likes

This sounds awesome! Thanks for working on this strain!

8 Likes

I am really starting to like the strayfox Care Package concentrates.
Care Package = (krush x omg) x fantasy island (purple urkle x appalachia)

They have cured very nicely. They smell like lemon and dry aromatic wood. They taste like they smell, with a cool lemon flavor and odd woody carpentry and vague herbal notes. Maybe a hint of thyme. It reminds me of the long extinct “eclipse lemon ice” chewing gum.

They are great in the volcano vaporizer mixed with flower, and of course they hit great with flower in the bong.

The high is a very nice hypnotic indica hybrid effect which interacts very well with other strains. I can see what bodhi was talking about with his descriptions of the Krush as a “monster afghani sativa with mystic powers.” I think this carried through very well in the care package hybrid along with the citrus smell.

it is very meditative and psychedelic, there is no limit to the high, and you can go very very far with it without feeling overwhelmed or addled. I have actually been using it with ethiopian banana x omg flowers which are extremely sativa and psychedelic, and usually very overwhelming with some adverse physical effects like muscle tension. The care package hash really smooths out the high and allows me to enjoy the psychedelic aspects of the ethiopian without any muscle tension or other negative effects.

I am looking forward to trying the care package x lebanese hybrids I made at some point. The woody lemon smell of the care package should go great with the tangerine and cedar notes in the lebanese.

edit- the care package buds also have an incredibly strong lemon and wood smell. the buds are heavily seeded, so I haven’t smoked it except for a small sample during the winter. they look great and have also cured very well. the smell is very intense. They are extremely resinous and sticky, and some of the buds are quite large. they are thin sativa spears with dense flower as long as a 24 oz wide mouth canning jar.

17 Likes

Hey @zephyr! I Am just blown away. I admire your work immensely and the info you provided me is on point my friend. I have one nice female of the Lebanese Sinatra. A beautiful plant with hella huge fans. Filling in nicely at week 5 of flower. I’m going to grow it again hopefully with fewer males. RESPECT brother.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

9 Likes

I made a little ball of hash from the shake and keef left at the bottom of my seeded guava f2 jars. This definitely shows the resin production and quality of the guava F selections.

The Guava B is sticky, and the Guava F is keefy. It would be interesting to work the Lebanese guava (guava f1 B x lebanese) with the Guava F, because the outcross now has small keefy resin glands like the lebanese, more similar to the Guava F than it was before.

Very good even though it had some bud and sugar leaf mixed in with the keef. I forgot how different pressed keef hash is than concentrates and rosin.

@YoBigdaddy great job with collecting, drying, and packing the da lat pollen. It was fully viable. I used about 3/4 of each vial. I have 2 guava hashplant and 3 small clones of my sensi maple leaf fully seeded. I am very excited to see how these will turn out. And thanks again for the da-lat seeds. Now I will be able to compare the hybrid to the pure line and make back crosses.
I will send you a generous stock of the hybrids when the project is complete and the seeds are dry and ready for germination or storage.

13 Likes

Thanks Oleskool, that really means a lot to me, especially from you. I hope the lebanese sinatra finishes well and is a good fit for your medical needs.

The lebanese sinatras with big fan leaves are usually rare afghani leaning dank sinatra phenos. The 78 LA affy in the dank sinatra is very recessive in hybrids so I am still trying to work this line to bring it out consistently.

I got really lucky finding a recessive dank sinatra LA affy pheno which I used as the mother of this line. Bodhi’s 88g13hp line can be very dominant.

The lebanese is even more dominant genetically, which has subdued the 88g13hp expression in the lebanese sinatra. The la affy is still recessive, but now the line is mostly just dominant lebanese hybrid phenos and double recessive 78 la affy hybrid phenos similar to the mother, so it makes them a little easier to spot.

I used to grow the 78 la affy x OG clone when I could get my hands on it in San Francisco. After I moved, I was really glad to find Bodhi’s Dank Sinatra so I could grow a 78 la affy hybrid in seed form.

10 Likes

After recently growing out some Dank Sinatra F2 I can def vouch for it containing that classic old school Afghani .

9 Likes

Wow, that was a read. Nice journal man. I love the descriptions of well, everything! I can tell you are a lover of the lebanese. You do very nice work, I can not wait to grow some of it out. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

Stay kind,
Parked,
Paws

9 Likes

Berry Larry 3 weeks ago

fresh transplants

These three were transplanted a week or two before this photo

16 Likes

Berry Larry 2 weeks ago

These are all doing great-

I couldn’t do the transplant myself for these little ones, so they didn’t get very careful treatment and had substantial stress from the transplant.

15 Likes

Still looking great. I’ll come help you up pot (with finesse). :wink::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

7 Likes

I just harvested some maple leaf sinsemilla. I am really impressed with this cut now that I have seen what it can do sinsemilla. I wish I kept this female around longer. But now that I have made seeds, I can grow more maple leaf whenever I need it. The maple leaf x vietnam da lat hybrid is also very promising. I’m starting to see some ripe seeds.

I’m way behind on my grow updates and posting photos, I’ll try to get caught up soon. I just need to sort through the photos.

16 Likes

more strayfox care package hash – it’s very strong and vaporizes cleanly on the enail. I’ll have to be careful with this stuff. consume con cuidado.

20 Likes