Zephyr grows and creates

Here are the two guava F females which I will be pollinating with the Da Lat. I will be trying to keep the top apical colas sinsemilla and fully pollinate all the lower buds. The buds are coming in quick and dense as usual for the guava.

They made a sudden leap in maturity last week, I hope my timing is ok. They have a ton of pollination sites and no burnt pistils, so I think I should be right on the money if I start pollinating tomorrow morning.

Here is a nice upright guava F much like F#1 from the last round of pure guava breeding-

and here is a nice branchy guava F with less apical dominance-

these two are sharing a 7 gallon pot.

17 Likes

I really like the way those Guavas look. Excited to see how that Da Lat pollination and subsequent growing of those seeds turns out, too. It just sounds like a great match.

5 Likes

This sounds awesome! Thanks for working on this strain!

8 Likes

I am really starting to like the strayfox Care Package concentrates.
Care Package = (krush x omg) x fantasy island (purple urkle x appalachia)

They have cured very nicely. They smell like lemon and dry aromatic wood. They taste like they smell, with a cool lemon flavor and odd woody carpentry and vague herbal notes. Maybe a hint of thyme. It reminds me of the long extinct “eclipse lemon ice” chewing gum.

They are great in the volcano vaporizer mixed with flower, and of course they hit great with flower in the bong.

The high is a very nice hypnotic indica hybrid effect which interacts very well with other strains. I can see what bodhi was talking about with his descriptions of the Krush as a “monster afghani sativa with mystic powers.” I think this carried through very well in the care package hybrid along with the citrus smell.

it is very meditative and psychedelic, there is no limit to the high, and you can go very very far with it without feeling overwhelmed or addled. I have actually been using it with ethiopian banana x omg flowers which are extremely sativa and psychedelic, and usually very overwhelming with some adverse physical effects like muscle tension. The care package hash really smooths out the high and allows me to enjoy the psychedelic aspects of the ethiopian without any muscle tension or other negative effects.

I am looking forward to trying the care package x lebanese hybrids I made at some point. The woody lemon smell of the care package should go great with the tangerine and cedar notes in the lebanese.

edit- the care package buds also have an incredibly strong lemon and wood smell. the buds are heavily seeded, so I haven’t smoked it except for a small sample during the winter. they look great and have also cured very well. the smell is very intense. They are extremely resinous and sticky, and some of the buds are quite large. they are thin sativa spears with dense flower as long as a 24 oz wide mouth canning jar.

18 Likes

Hey @zephyr! I Am just blown away. I admire your work immensely and the info you provided me is on point my friend. I have one nice female of the Lebanese Sinatra. A beautiful plant with hella huge fans. Filling in nicely at week 5 of flower. I’m going to grow it again hopefully with fewer males. RESPECT brother.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

10 Likes

I made a little ball of hash from the shake and keef left at the bottom of my seeded guava f2 jars. This definitely shows the resin production and quality of the guava F selections.

The Guava B is sticky, and the Guava F is keefy. It would be interesting to work the Lebanese guava (guava f1 B x lebanese) with the Guava F, because the outcross now has small keefy resin glands like the lebanese, more similar to the Guava F than it was before.

Very good even though it had some bud and sugar leaf mixed in with the keef. I forgot how different pressed keef hash is than concentrates and rosin.

@YoBigdaddy great job with collecting, drying, and packing the da lat pollen. It was fully viable. I used about 3/4 of each vial. I have 2 guava hashplant and 3 small clones of my sensi maple leaf fully seeded. I am very excited to see how these will turn out. And thanks again for the da-lat seeds. Now I will be able to compare the hybrid to the pure line and make back crosses.
I will send you a generous stock of the hybrids when the project is complete and the seeds are dry and ready for germination or storage.

13 Likes

Thanks Oleskool, that really means a lot to me, especially from you. I hope the lebanese sinatra finishes well and is a good fit for your medical needs.

The lebanese sinatras with big fan leaves are usually rare afghani leaning dank sinatra phenos. The 78 LA affy in the dank sinatra is very recessive in hybrids so I am still trying to work this line to bring it out consistently.

I got really lucky finding a recessive dank sinatra LA affy pheno which I used as the mother of this line. Bodhi’s 88g13hp line can be very dominant.

The lebanese is even more dominant genetically, which has subdued the 88g13hp expression in the lebanese sinatra. The la affy is still recessive, but now the line is mostly just dominant lebanese hybrid phenos and double recessive 78 la affy hybrid phenos similar to the mother, so it makes them a little easier to spot.

I used to grow the 78 la affy x OG clone when I could get my hands on it in San Francisco. After I moved, I was really glad to find Bodhi’s Dank Sinatra so I could grow a 78 la affy hybrid in seed form.

10 Likes

After recently growing out some Dank Sinatra F2 I can def vouch for it containing that classic old school Afghani .

10 Likes

Wow, that was a read. Nice journal man. I love the descriptions of well, everything! I can tell you are a lover of the lebanese. You do very nice work, I can not wait to grow some of it out. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

Stay kind,
Parked,
Paws

9 Likes

Berry Larry 3 weeks ago

fresh transplants

These three were transplanted a week or two before this photo

16 Likes

Berry Larry 2 weeks ago

These are all doing great-

I couldn’t do the transplant myself for these little ones, so they didn’t get very careful treatment and had substantial stress from the transplant.

15 Likes

Still looking great. I’ll come help you up pot (with finesse). :wink::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

7 Likes

I just harvested some maple leaf sinsemilla. I am really impressed with this cut now that I have seen what it can do sinsemilla. I wish I kept this female around longer. But now that I have made seeds, I can grow more maple leaf whenever I need it. The maple leaf x vietnam da lat hybrid is also very promising. I’m starting to see some ripe seeds.

I’m way behind on my grow updates and posting photos, I’ll try to get caught up soon. I just need to sort through the photos.

17 Likes

more strayfox care package hash – it’s very strong and vaporizes cleanly on the enail. I’ll have to be careful with this stuff. consume con cuidado.

20 Likes

That’s some good looking hash!

Great tunes also. :+1:

4 Likes

quick update-
%100 germination on my original guava hashplant f2.
half are Guava pheno B x CE males,
half are Guava pheno F x CE males.

These are really strong starters.

those clones are from a giant berry larry. They are just starting to take root, and will be transplanted soon. I’ll catch up on berry larry grow updates soon.

14 Likes

classic “bodhi style” late flower resinous male. I’ve had lebanese landrace males with resin on the leaves, but this is the first time I’ve gotten resin coated male flowers. I would have never seen this expression if I had chopped it earlier.

The resin forms on the exterior of the male pod before the flower opens. After the flower opens, the resin on the pod continues to mature. There is also resin on the flowers themselves. I’m going to separate the resinous material and make a batch of concentrate.

Ken Estes’ Berry Larry
Bodhi’s Goji OG x (larry og x grandaddy purple)

The male is squat and ultra dense. The seeded females are way too tall with a ton of branching and OG stretch from the goji and larry. My females ended up stressed and overgrown because I had setbacks that prevented me from flowering on time. Yield and overall appearance suffered slightly, but the bud is amazingly frosty and I’ll still get a decent amount. It’s making little OG golf ball buds with a purple blush from the GDP. It was a good opportunity to use these original mother and father plants from seed for seed making.

28 Likes

Really nice looking flower clusters on the one too. Seems like a winner.

7 Likes

Yeah, I agree, he’s pretty amazing looking. And that he it started late is nice. Did you use it to make seeds? I wish I could get a male shed together. Every time I try and grow the male out just to see what he’s like I get a lot of seeds, heh.

Cool looking plant. It looks like male “golf ball” flowers. peace

5 Likes

I dig what your doing here zeph! I can’t wait to incorporate a indoor perpetual grow to help my outdoor breeding projects! Excited to see what comes next with your grows!

3 Likes