Buddy's AF Grow Show

First time growing any plant and have no clue what i’m doing lol! But damn I can’t wait till I get the hang of this, because it’s an awesome hobby for sure.

Medium/mix: Canna Coco
Grow Method: LST
Nutrients: Remo Nutrients
PH/TDS: Apera PH60 / HM Digital TDS
Supplements: Silica
Water Source: RO water
Strain: Mazar & Ultimate (Dutch Passion)
Light: 280 watt Solstrip 3500k veg/bloom
Light Schedule: 18hrs on
Tent: 2x4x7’
Autopots + Airdome
6" Hyper Fan
Humidifier

Here is where I’m at…

I was pretty much throwing in nutes around 280ppm and feeding daily. After 3 days the leaves where going very pale so was told to increase my nutes (I didn’t know how much), and I listened to someones suggestion to feed 600ppm. I should have researched more journals lol. What I did was follow that advice, and my Auto Mazar looked upset by this lol. The Auto Ultimate had no change. I think the ultimate looks not that bad.

Mazar left / Ultimate right

My feeding this day was 320ppm and watered till 10% runoff. So now I’m just watching my temps/humidity and feeding again in a few days (unless its dry). Hoping to set things right. lol

I’m following this 5/10/15 feed as the guy who does this his plants look great.

I hope I’m on the right track. Either way I’m learning things not to do lol

17 Likes

What’s your temp/RH? What pH are you feeding at? Does Remo have calcium and magnesium supplement? Looks like low magnesium due to new coco. Since your using RO water, try adding 1/4 teaspoon epsom salts per gallon next feeding.

6 Likes

26 degrees lights/ 21 off
pH has been 5.84.

Yes Remo has it, and I’m following their recommended feeding schedule. But planning on following some other growers guide that share the same setup He wrote down how much feed based on EC and on what day.

I think the issue was my crappy watering skills (sometimes light, and sometimes maybe too much. Alongside going from .6EC of feed and then to 1.2EC/600ppm? Is that the right conversion? If so that was way too much at day 5…lol

Hoping to recover know. Nice to see another journal with the same setup, minus the lights explain it all.

3 Likes

Yes probably too much water at too high EC. Try some LITFA.

5 Likes

I used Canna Coco Grow Medium, and ended up just dumping 280ppm of nutrients on the coco till it was moist. I’m pretty sure that Coco was good to go, but in hindsight I should have tested it to see the PH…instead of dumping it in the pot.

Know what I’ll be doing next time is do a bit more research. So really trying to learn. I’m hoping the journal i’m following on AFN, is sound. As for the 5/10/15 day feedings and EC amount going forward. His plants speak for themselves lol.

I came over to this forum to post since I’m using one of their sponsors lights, Solstrips so thought I’d shoot on over here to. Can’t wait to see what these lights do, my sunglasses are on when i open the tent lol If this hobby is as fun as it’s been so far, and once I can grow something that will last half a year in buds (figure 10oz). Then ill be getting a second light and then I can do 1 grow a year. Perfect.

4 Likes

SolStrips produce! I’ve been getting around 1 GPW easily with them.

3 Likes

Anyway. I’ll peak in on them and giving it LIFTA.

At first I’m like wtf…then it hit me. Amazing. lol Yes bottom line is I’m not touching it lol. I think after reading some great growers journals…they use LIFTA and hoping that will help me.

5 Likes

Oh. One thing I messed up which I’m about to fix before lights go back on. My tent is 2x4 and I should be setting my lights to 160w, what height would be good for a day 6 sprout? Also is that a good wattage to use? According to their site its min. 20w per sqft and upto 30w per strip.

My dumbass just changed it a few times, 240w 24" from the at the start and then got a meter and put it to 180w. It’s probably set at 120w, which is way to low according to info on the net.

Think once I solve my light height/watts along side LIFTA it’s going to turn out alright.

1 Like

Your lights are excellent. My last grow I hit WAY over 1gpw with solstrips but they were all high yielding strains. 228ppm is nothing. My seedlings take a lot more. Start a grow log/diary so we can maybe guide you or give a few tips :+1:

6 Likes

This is my diary. Basically I made a mess the first few days, overwatering, over feeding a bit.

So yesterday I feed at 320ppm, watering till 10% run off, along side a dose of LIFTA. In 2 - 3 days I should be back on track. Oh sadly the photos i posted where the day before the accident.

For the lights what do you recommend the watts/height for a 7 day since first light? Something I need to adjust for sure.

4 Likes

Successful grows happen without all the stress and worry. Your growing in coco yeah? If you mess up just push some new water through the medium. Honest. My plants are in 2 litre pots and I feed them 2x a week in veg then every 3 days unless they are wilting. Sounds stupid but try to ignore them. Your yield will increase :+1:

5 Likes

Also my setup is 7 strips. So I can push them to 320W. If the grow goes well, I’d like to add 2 more strips to this one, so I can run them softer. Plus another setup and get my 4x4 tent.

3 Likes

Mine is 11 running at 480w. Last grow I hit way over 1gpw just let them do there thing. Feed on a schedule and increase ppm weekly until the tips burn then back off.

1 Like

Yes increase it. They can run at 60w with cooling. @Baudelaire. Am I wrong?

3 Likes

Moving forward I’m using feeding on day 5/10/15. It took while for me to find someone with my exact setup (minus the lights). Pulling massive grows. I think that’s the secret. LIFTA

I’ve got a nute schedule, LIFTA, and know when to feed now. Looking forward to not going overboard and give it something it doesn’t need. A grower over doing it and giving it too much love that will probably kill it. lol

5 Likes

Solstrips are set at 180w and 18" from them. Is this right or wrong? Day 7

Don’t know what’s right. I don’t want to keep the plant from not stretching a bit.

3 Likes

Ah you have a plan. Show the newbies your grow style and build up your status here on OG. Pictures help your get more rep. We have a few breeders here. Stick around and show your skills

2 Likes

Move them as close as you can until bleaching or burning happens.

11 Likes

I can’t recommend extended operation at more than 50w for the X2s. X3s can run up to 75w.

Don’t know your canopy area so hard to tell. 18" is generally the farthest you’d want to be in a single-light setup. You want to aim for 25-30 w/sf in veg, and 35-45 w/sf in bloom.

7 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be pushing it this first time around, going to keep it maxed at 280w which will be 40w per strip. I’m around 17-18" away as of now. I’m going to order 3 more strips just before my first grow is done so I can run it more efficiently next round.

I did read a bunch of journals with Solstrips and read to start the light at 24" once sprouted and move down 1" per day till it’s at 12". Is that sound advice?

I’ve prepped the next feed, and i’ll be giving it on Sunday as I planned. And hopefully done with making mistakes.

4 Likes