12/12 from seed to harvest

Oh ok so my post merged with one that had this same topic. :call_me_hand: I was considering that too. Seems a little pricey but may be worth it.
As far as the light schedule is concerned what is rule of thumb on which methods for which varietals? I’d love to get some definite answers because this is pretty serious to me right now. Most of you guys have been setup and dialed in for a long time maybe but I’m just getting it together. No I’m not a novice at growing but if you take into consideration of indoor cultivation being apart of the whole process that’s your opinion and I’m here to learn.
Thanks for the feedback @ReikoX @Northern_Loki and @spaceman I really needed that to help my nerves a little on this subject! You guys just don’t understand how I appreciate that, as this is very important to me at this point. All info is appreciated, even the super stoned, left field, off-topic responses are welcome at this point. Hell they may even help me aswell :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Depending on which spec king you’re running and unit costs at your place I wouldn’t worry about smart meters and power I run my SK400+ now where as before I was running 600w HPS with digital ballast and even then you’re still fine with no concerns. If you’re stealing electric then be worried but if you’re paying nobody cares everyone’s a winner :muscle:t2:

In terms of solar I’ve got a mate and to get an efficient solar setup is fun. You need heavy duty batteries to store the power plus inverters etc etc it’s more cost than it’s worth in my opinion to say it’s only pulling 730 Watts. Get ya grow on bro! :laughing:

3 Likes

@Explorer yes I we d with the sk402
lol so basically your saying “man if you don’t stop worrying about those measly 730w and get to growing that grass!”

Right on bubba :joy::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Exactly!

As long as you pay your bill noone is asking questions… As been stated, reptile aquariums and people that run servers or work at home tend to pull more energy because they’re on all the time. Good excuse but noone will ever ask anyway lol

Get to growing! Lol

4 Likes

@toastyjakes say no more bubba. It’s about that time!:sunglasses::muscle::call_me_hand:

1 Like

I started growing indoor a few years ago after growing outdoor only. I have two 4x4 tents running perpetually with the veg tent photoperiod set to 18 hours light 6 hours dark in veg, and 12 hours light 12 hours of dark in flowering.

The main thing I learned going from outdoor to indoor growing was that I got the best results using the exact same methods I use in my outdoor grow. Personally, I was really intimidated by indoor growing, it seemed like none of my prior knowledge would apply to it. I thought I would have to reinvent the wheel, but everything I had learned from growing outdoors was still completely relevant.

I grow in the same native clay soil amended with the worm castings, mushroom compost, and kelp. I grow lemon balm as companion plants and a source of green mulch. I use full spectrum lights with fluorescent in veg, and a light emitting ceramic in flowering. I’ve found that full spectrum lighting helps with the cultivation of landraces and landrace hybrids. Both tents have 2 foot vertical flourescent lights in the corners to promote lateral branching. Vertical lighting isn’t necessary, but it helps. It is also beneficial when I’m starting seeds in a tent that already has mature plants in it.

I don’t bring mulch or other organic materials from my garden in order to avoid cross contamination and the introduction of outdoor pests. I use locally made organic worm castings and mushroom compost, and my green mulch consists of cannabis leaves, and lemon balm from within the indoor grow. This is definitely straight out of left field, but hopefully it’s helpful.

3 Likes

That is until they do. :wink:

Story. My town (assessor/inspector) has a regular 10-year assessment process so that they can increase your taxes based on any “upgrades” to the property. It is a requirement codified into law to allow the town into your home or, if you refuse, they can essentially assume that you’ve made upgrades and are due to be billed at higher tax rate. Lovely.

The officials didn’t come out and say it but during an inspection/assessment they (the town officials) had shown a disproportionate interest in, not the home itself, but instead the dual 19 inch rack of compute and storage equipment located in the basement. Along with the “oh” between the two when spotting the equipment, a bunch of questions, and feigned interest in “what do you do for a living”. So yeah. Perhaps, not entirely unjustified to wonder about this.

Sorry to add to the paranoia factor. We d run at least double the power draw of our neighbors 24/7. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But, yeah, 700W isn’t a significant load. Your coffee maker, a space heater, microwave, air conditioner, a fancy server, etc all likely exceed that at least in an intermittent fashion.

2 Likes

Thanks @zephyr I actually went out mycelium hunting by my old patch yesterday and grabbed more than what I needed. I wanna introduce it in the top feed in some form to give the last seeds that were made in that same inviroment. Hope familiarity of microbes keep the cycle going you know.
I’m so ready for my tent to get here it’s crazy :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

@Northern_Loki so much for being optimistic lol
Ya I’ve kinda gotten over it now, I looked at my space heater earlier that I pretty much ran 8-9 hours a day at least this whole winter… it came in at 1875w of draw alone smh. Shortly after that I found myself feeling a little embarrassed at myself for tripping on OG about a 730w draw lol

3 Likes

Not at all. It was a good thought to consider. Makes us think about these things. Whether it’s for saving money using off-grid generation or for security reasons or heat load or etc.

3 Likes

Exactly what Loki said bro the solar idea is still a good idea we all want less of a footprint but it does cost a fair amount and it’s mostly DIY so lots of work but it’s logical to be worried about consumption but if ya think of it as a well as long as they’re being paid they are happy they aren’t kicking your door in both sides are winners really cos they sting you plenty but you also get what you want :pray:

2 Likes

Right on, for whatever reason my power company has me on a pre-paid type of deal. It charges me by the day as I see how much I’ve used everyday. 1st time I’ve had something like this.